Guest viewing is limited

Reassurance please!

:wow:
Yay, Cassidy. :ok:
Fate knows you have had to much time to do all this contemplating...and its going to hurry this thing up so we can get you on the path to recovery.
I know you have been anxious about this whole thing...but time to get it done.
We will be right here to cheer you on!!!:loveshwr:

(you did say yes, right? :what: We will change the date for you. July Sparkler!!!
 
Thanks for your kind thoughts @Alitm - I know nothing about horses (although I think the dogs look lovely), and I'm only having one hip done, but I hope to be able to report back positively once the dastardly deed has been done! I must admit that having the date brought forward did momentarily send me into a flap, but I'm fairly well prepared with all the equipment and don't think I'll ever be more prepared mentally, so it might as well be next week as next month. :yikes:
 
@Mojo333, you might be right in the fate having a hand, as my boss goes away for a full six weeks after next week, so I won't be missed too much and will hopefully be getting back into the swing just about as he comes back. I know work isn't the be all and end all, but I'll feel much more relaxed about the whole thing if I know it isn't piling up in my absence. My mum's upset, because I've had to cancel a weekend down at hers, but I did point out that I'll be down to see her all the sooner in the autumn. I'm also missing a school reunion, but I was wondering how I was going to walk the mile along the Thames embankment to get to the restaurant! So hopefully all will slot into place. Even managed to get my Hibiscrub prescription. So all systems go!!
 
Wow, that’s good news. Not too long now and you will be on the recovery side with all the summer to enjoy whilst you recover. I will be thinking of you next Friday.
 
Yay Cassidy.....the end is in sight! You've been waiting so long there can't be much you don't know about it, and you're organised at home, so now you can get it sorted before you go off the boil :yes!: Don't worry if you panic in this last week....it's the worst time, but we'll talk you thro it :yay:
 
Thanks @EmEm, @Mojo333 and @anny for your best wishes. My husband has got into ukelele playing, so when I thought July was gapingly empty, I agreed to go away on a ukelele and singing weekend down in Somerset, so that'll keep me occupied until Monday. Trouble with so much planning is that I sort of forget that, even after the op, it's not too late to put more things in place - it's almost in my mind that life as I know it will cease on 6th July. It's like worrying about forgetting to take something on holiday, when my husband says as long as we've got our passports, tickets and credit cards we can always go out and buy anything else if really necessary! Oh, voice of reason! Now I'm back to worrying about infection, but I suspect 5 days of hibiscrub will purge me of all that!!
 
You can wait forever these days. So brilliant to be given a cancellation...Here’s to July jollity.
 
@Cassidy As your husband says, all you need are your tickets, passport and money...interesting analogy for sure!! I'm sure you have thought of just about everything and your husband can always pop out and get what you need. So glad your date has been pushed up and you have things to keep you busy and your mind somewhat diverted through until Monday. You are going to do really well...and be so thankful to be rid of that awful arthritic pain, reduced ROM and restrictive lifestyle that keeps you from doing all the things you love. Wishing you a very successful op and will look for you posting on the other side. Don't forget the :ice:
 
Hello @Apricot, I see you've got 5 days of the wretched Hibiscrub too! I haven't started mine yet, so fingers crossed it doesn't crack me up! Mind you, @Alitm, I do keep telling the poor man that he can't comment too much, since he's not the one having the op. It brings out the mean side in me, this worrying (at least I've got an excuse for it for now!).
 
Hi Cassidy!
I'm just catching up and see you're going to join us on the healing side in a mere 8 days!
I'm super excited for you. It's been a long journey and since you're going to get it done, it will nice to get it over! You'll be on the road to recovery and healing sooner than you imagined.

This is going to be a life changer. You're going to love the result.
Can't wait to follow your recovery. It's going to be good!
Big hugs to you.
@Cassidy
 
Well this is supposed to be for sensitive skin. I know it’s important but going to try to use as little as possible and am avoiding the delicate areas it has dried and cracked. Imagine a bit will get there anyway. It’s the face washing I can’t work out how to do in a shower. Good luck with it @Cassidy.
 
Hi Cassidy, I haven't checked in for awhile but I know you are getting close to your surgery. It's good you have a trip and distraction coming up as waiting was one of the most challenging aspects of this for me. This forum is so helpful and supportive!

I'll be sending you loving and healing energy and following you. I had my left THR on 6/8 and can say I have less pain than went I went in so I hope that will be the result for you too!
 
Thank you for your best wishes @luvsibes and @anny. This weekend away has helped in distracting me, but I'm back to start hibiscrub tomorrow and will no doubt find plenty to ponder on. My latest question is regarding the non-weight bearing after uncemented replacement. My OS said he proposed uncemented, as my bones are good, but he never said anything about weight bearing/non-weight bearing. The PT mentioned 12 weeks restrictions, which rather disappointed me, but now I wonder if that's because of the non-weight bearing. I'd thought I'd be walking with assistance from day one, so feel sad to be back on two crutches - do you think this is inevitable?
 
Hi @Cassidy......I was uncemented and my surgeon said nothing about non weight bearing, neither did the hospital physio who took me up and down a flight of steps several times. My surgeon also seems to be pretty cautious in other ways....90deg, backsleeping etc so think he would have specified nwb if he thought it necessary. I particularly asked him about the bonding to the bones part as I have osteoporosis which I thought would be a problem, but he was totally unfazed by it. I don't think the 12 week restrictions are to do with uncemented, think it's more about the dislocation risk. I didn't find it much of a problem...slightly freaked out by even a whisper of dislocation, so would probably have done belt and braces and voluntarily carried on restrictions for 12 weeks anyway!You might be on 2 crutches to start off with because of reluctant muscles and slightly off balance, but you'll still be walking.....and you might be able to drop down to one very quickly (make sure you have a stable gait first tho, no limping allowed!). Don't worry too much about it....you'll do what you have to when the time comes and you'll be so focussed on getting the best result you won't even mind how you get it :)
 
You might be on 2 crutches to start off with because of reluctant muscles and slightly off balance, but you'll still be walking.....and you might be able to drop down to one very quickly (make sure you have a stable gait first tho, no limping allowed!).

Totally agree, you will WANT to baby as it will have been through some trauma and needs a little babying.
Mine were uncemented, no restrictions..but I listened to my body and let it tell me what it was ready for.
Just because we can, doesn't mean we should.

You are going to do great!:tada:
 
Thanks @anny and @Mojo333. I don't think non-weight bearing had really occurred to me since early on, when I was told it was unlikely. Trouble is there seem to be so many opinions on it and I don't know what my OS view is. I understand the two crutches sense, and I've even borrowed a Zimmer frame, but it's good to be able to balance fair and square on two feet when necessary, even if only momentarily. Also, is it possible to stand on just the op leg when doing PT exercises, or does that have to wait a few weeks? I don't want unequal muscles!!
 
I used a Walker for stability early on, of course I was double stuff!
Not necessary to stand on op leg a few weeks out!
You aren't going to be unequal after a few months.:tada:
Don't worry...you will know what you should do!
Sending you lots of love and support.
You've got this!:yes:
 
I work on the basis that if it hurts, don't do it....if it doesn't hurt go cautiously and slowly. Having said that, I found it was a few weeks before I could stand on my op leg because its muscle strength was way less than the other one, and it felt very weak. Just walking around will help to strengthen those muscles, you don't need to do special exercises....I think going up and down stairs during the course of the day is probably as heavy-duty as you want to go. You'll probably find that your balance is a bit off for a while too....another reason not to wobble around like a stork :heehee:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom