Reassurance please!

Thanks @Thesoutherncook. I'm a typical female - I tweak curtains, pick bits of fluff up from the floor, wipe imaginary spots off the carpet, etc., etc. I'm not exactly houseproud, but I do it automatically without thinking. My husband just doesn't think!! He also doesn't see it. So I can't ask him to keep up with my petty demands, and I won't find it easy just to ignore it! I think I'm with the majority of women. My daughter has just told me she's planning to come over and clean occasionally, because she knows it won't get done otherwise - life saver!!

Cleaning this morning, shopping this afternoon, packing this evening - reality dawning!! This time tomorrow it'll all be underway (barring cancellation). Beginning to feel nervous.

@Cassidy just keep busy today. And when you get to the hospital tell staff you are nervous. They will do everything they can to help you get comfortable.

All the best tomorrow. See you on the other side soon!

You're finally here @Cassidy :yay:.....will be thinking of you :) just remember, watching your husband's eyes pass unseeing over the bits on the carpet, and the discarded packaging he will put in the bin 'later' etc etc are the worst bits, and will test your patience no end .....but....on the bright side, you may grow to love being a lady of leisure and have no desire to return to the grind once you've trained him up :loll: all the best, see you on the sunny side:SUNsmile:

Thinking of you, Cassidy.
:loveshwr:

Thank you, all, for your best wishes. A serious question only the ladies will understand - how long before I'll be able to clean the toilet?!!

Are you having anterior THR? If so, I could have cleaned the toilet in a week. But, SURELY a family member can do this small job for you?? :what:

Hi @Cassidy,
Since you're ahead of me time wise, it is now the eve of your big day!
It's been a long time coming and in a mere 24 hrs the anxiety producing part will be over.
I'm a combo of happy / excited for you. Tomorrow will move quickly. I'm sure you'll find everyone
who preps you to be kind, loving and in tune with your feelings. Try to relax, we make it out to be so
much more than it is in reality. I'll bet you do great!

Prayers for your peace and comfort as you prepare for tomorrow.
Big hugs too!

@Thesoutherncook, yes, my husband has offered to do the dirty deed, but ... My daughter might oblige! I was being a bit facetious, but it sort of sums up my worries about the small things that I take for granted. I don't know which approach I'm having, but I do know that I've got restrictions. And, thank you, @Layla, you always sound very soothing. I think I'm as prepared as can be, so now I'd just like to get it over with. I may go quiet for a few days, as I do t think I'll have wifi for my iPad and I don't have a smartphone, so I might not surface until Monday or so. I'll be back!!

Good to know you might not resurface until Monday.
We'd worry otherwise....
We'll leave you messages anyway so you can "feel the love" as soon as you return.
Consider starting your Recovery thread this evening. I was too loopy to do it afterward.
Hubby had to walk me through it...like I was a child :heehee:
One last hug :friends:for tomorrow :)
@Cassidy

- how long before I'll be able to clean the toilet?!!
:rotfl::loll::rotfl:
I love you, Cassidy.:roseshwr:
I assure you it was the one question I never asked myself pre-surgery.
Throw one of those blue things in there and I bet you'll forget to even look as you'll have one of those lovely toilet risers and will be trying to see how quickly you can be through.:whistle:

Once again, know that I am sending you healing hugs, in advance.
:friends:

@Cassidy I am hoping you are getting some sleep before your surgery tomorrow. Sending lots of positive thoughts :flwrysmile:and prayers :praying: from western Canada. You'll have it all behind you soon and I look forward to seeing your recovery thread when you surface! :)
P.S. Ditto @Mojo333 re: the toilet!:heehee:

Cassidy, toilet-wise, cleaning it will be the least of your worries!! :heehee: And you may find you're a bit spaced out for a few days after your op, so it, and everything else will feel quite unimportant. Worst case scenario if it doesn't get cleaned by family is that you'll need to use half a bottle of toilet cleaner on it later, but nothing bad will happen (repeat under your breath 10 times....) And yes I do know what's going thro your mind cos I think mine works the same way, but op recovery will put it all in perspective :yes!: Thinking of you , it's the 6th here now, but I expect you've a few more hours to go....try to reduce the worrying to a dull roar :friends:

Thanks everybody! I slept fairly well for a few hours, but I'd had a call from the hospital yesterday delaying the time I needed to get in and telling me I could eat a light breakfast before 6 so, as I was awake anyway, I had scrambled eggs on toast - hope that's light enough! I get the impression that I won't be surfacing until late afternoon. I don't feel remotely hungry now, but I don't think it's the eggs, I think it's nerves setting in! I've got to have my delightful hibi shower and pack my bag, so I'll try to pretend I'm off on holiday. (Not that I usually sterilise myself before I go away!) I'm going to try to set up my recovery thread (once I've thought of a name for it), and then there will probably be radio silence for a while, so hopefully see you on the other side (gosh, that sounds a bit final!). :dubious:

@Cassidy, thinking of you today and hope you don’t have to wait too long in the hospital. Will look for you on the ‘other side’ tomorrow.

Wishing you all the best @Cassidy on your day of surgery. Hope you can keep your nerves calmed until it’s time. Will look for you in recovery. :flwrysmile:

It's the "healing side" sweet Cassidy!
Your fan club awaits!:yes:
Bye bye hip pain!:yes!:

Prayers and healing thoughts for you today!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft