Hi
@Cassidy .......so pleased for you, you're nearly there! And yes, when I think about all the time I wasted agonizing about whether to have it done, what might go wrong etc I just

. I'm 3 wks yesterday now, and get around pretty well on one crutch. I can now make and transport cups of coffee etc so my independence is increasing (don't like being waited on....well, not all the time, and found that pretty hard, but it's only short-term). Earlier this week my surgery dressing came off and the 2 ends of my dissolvable stitches were snipped off. The nurse said it has healed really well, and I have no dressing on it now. She also commented on how mobile I was and said she couldn't see any point in me having physio, as I could do just about everything they'd get me to do anyway (think going up and down stairs several times a day helps....strengthening leg and bum muscles, also good for balance) Occasionally I try the leg back/forward/side etc just to make sure I have the RoM but not every day. I think the 'worst' thing I can think of (and maybe it's not so bad

) is the tiredness....for someone who NEVER normally sleeps in the day, the overwhelming desire to have a nap morning and afternoon is a bit of a shock. It's been suggested that it's due to the General I had, and the tramadol (2 a day) I'm still taking,but my B12 and iron tend to hover just above baseline, so I might get them checked out too. But our bodies repair themselves during sleep, so I am expecting all my wrinkles to have disappeared and to look 20 years younger after this

But seriously, it has all gone so well, that if I do need the other one done, I will have no hesitation in booking in......it was a completely fear-free experience, and so much better than the weeks preceding it. So get all those worries out on screen, and we'll talk you down
