THR Readysetgo Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stopping by sending you well wishes, hugs and to let you know I'll be lifting you up in prayer for tomorrow. I bet you're as excited as can be knowing both surgeries will be a thing of the past come tomorrow. I'm going to be anxiously awaiting your first post and will be very interested in your perception, comparing your first THR to your second THR. How are your nerves holding up? Hugs!!!
 
@Cynthia777 - Thanks for your good thoughts! If this surgery goes as well as the first one - but MINUS the nausea- I will be a happy hipster!

I'm feeling okay. Kind of in an acceptance zone right now. They bumped my time to earlier and I'm glad. The sooner the better!

@DeepBreath - Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm ready and looking forward to waking up on the other side. Been sleeping and eating okay so far so grateful for that. Loved reading about your successful OS appointment. Sweet!!
 
@Readysetgo Sending you well wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery! Looking forward to hearing your second recovery journey.
 
:loveshwr: Thanks so much everyone for all the sweet well wishes, prayers and healing energy sent my way!

I am doing great - about 6 hours after surgery. Just walked with walker into the hall with PT, who say I'm doing really well. Only on toradol for pain right now. Will also be doing tylenol and then sleep med at night (thank you @Hip Hip Hooray! for that suggestion :)).

I am very tired but not loopy like last time which feels good. No nausea or dizziness yet. :yes!:

OS told me I have "big bones for being a little one". I'm not really little - 5'7", but kind of slender and small build. He said he was very surprised. Ha! He must have had to saw and hammer more than he expected to. Anyway I thought that was interesting. Other surgeon for hip #1 gave me no details at all, even when I asked him what he found just out of curiosity. It seems others on Bonesmart got more details about their hips after surgery.

I asked them for extra pillows to elevate and ice. I just find it odd they wouldn't offer that to begin with.

Looking forward to dinner. Just hope the pain can be controlled okay without the hard stuff. So far, so good.

I have a catheter until tomorrow. Thought I told OS no catheter after surgery. But it's actually fine now and I don"t mind not having to inchworm over to the loo or spill the bedpans. Hope it comes out okay with no complications.

My first thought when I woke up was such a happy one - "It's DONE!" Such a wash of relief. It was/is joyous!

Thanks again to all of you. I think those supportive vibes really helped everything to go well. I could feel it! Hope everyone's doing great in their own healing process. Will try to catch up more soon. Dinner's here and I'm a bit hungry and tired. :yawn:
 
Howdy, @Readysetgo! You're officially a double hippie now. :egypdance:
What an awesome report. It sounds like you're doing great. WOOT about you having cruised the halls already! I'm so happy that there is no dizziness or nausea now. Good vibes going out that it remains that way.
It is odd that they didn't offer you pillows and ice. It's interesting how different hospitals can be.
Take care, friend! I look forward to more great updates from you. :)
 
Yay @Readysetgo, what a great report! I'm glad everything went well and it's a good sign that you have your appetite and are looking forward to dinner. The catheter sounds like the way to go - those early trips to the restroom are not easy. Hope you get some rest tonight and I look forward to the rest of your updates. :)
 
Oh, what wonderful news, @Readysetgo. I'm so pleased to hear that you are not in pain or getting sick. It sounds like it will continue. I really believe in the advice, "Stay ahead of the pain." I'm so glad that the toradol is working. I think with the tylenol and sleeping pill, you will do well. It's a relief when you have some sense of control and a solution to the problems you experienced last time.

I had a catheter, too. It helped. I was worried about it. My nurse said that it usually just slides out when they remove it. In my case I felt a tug for a second that was kind of painful. I wish she had let me exhale as she did it. But, it was minor. It made it easier to sleep.

Thanks for posting. I've been thinking about you. Congratulations.
 
@Readysetgo, Congrats! Sounds like you are doing very well! And you even have an appetite - wow! I agree about the catheter. I had one and was thrilled to not have bedpans or have to get to the toilet for that first 24 hours. You are experienced and I am sure that experience will serve you in good stead as you recover!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom