THR Readysetgo Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Hip Hip Hooray! - Thanks for the congrats! You certainly have a keen intuition - knowing something was off about that nurse. I believed every word she said at the time, silly me! It was inspiring threads such as yours on BS that kept me buoyed up and encouraged about the future and how things can really get better after this surgery. So thank you for that!

@Cynthia777- Thanks so much for your prayers and hugs! I'll certainly take them for getting back to "normal life". You also are such an encouraging inspiration to me and many others here on BS. I hope that sciatic pain continues to "poof" away for you. Have a great recovery day!

@Korky51 - Good luck to you today at your back to work meeting! Your emotions about going back to work echo mine - some excitement, some nervousness ("Will I be a bit rusty?"), some longing to just stay home and take care of myself, my family and my home. We have also been away from (our rather intense) jobs a long time. It's hard to just jump back in confidently. I was honest with my supervisors and co-workers that I may take awhile to "get my chops back". I'm glad you do Pilates - so good for you! And that underwater treadmill sounds fantastic - never even heard of that one! I would be interested to hear how your return to work goes. It's nice to hear how others have mixed feelings about it, even if they love their job (as I do.) Best of luck to you and keep us posted if you get the chance!
 
:wowspring:What a fabulous update @Readysetgo! That made me smile about the 7 year old who you surprised when you went back to work....it's obvious how much you mean to those kids and what a rewarding career for you to make such a difference in their lives. :yes: I can relate to your being sentimental about the recovery days as I experienced some of that as well. I think some of us are nesters by nature and that time at home was very special. It's a bit of a challenge getting back into the workforce even if it's something we love doing.

I'm glad you were able to confirm that you had the anterior lateral approach and not the posterior like the nurse had said. :no-fin: I'm glad you called her out through the survey for giving false information. That is definitely something that needs to be addressed with her so I hope whoever sees those surveys will make sure she is talked to about that.

Glad to hear your knee is doing better and that you are making progress on getting up off the floor. Sounds like the Pilates and outpatient PT are really agreeing with you.

I so agree about this forum. It is so supportive and truly does feel like family. :friends:
 
It's been so long since I've posted, I actually had trouble figuring out how to do it again! Yikes!
Just wanted to say happy #1 hip on year anniversary to me today! A year ago at this time I was just out of surgery. What a journey it has been! Both hips (#2 was done in March 2016) are now doing great. I look back and wish I had not endured so much pain for YEARS when I could have had the pain free existence I have now. I hope everyone who I journeyed with are doing fabulously. And for those who are just starting recovery, know that healing completely does take awhile. I know I had aches and tightness after the surgeries that I thought would just be there forever. I was okay with that since it was better than the awful pain I had before. But those aches and tightness have just vanished with time. It is so amazing. Wishing everyone a wonderful road to recovery and a super 2017!
 
@Readysetgo, sounds like you are so happy and doing so well! Super! I was glad to hear you report that the aches and tightness eventually went away. I am looking forward to that. It'd be so nice if we knew when that would happen, wouldn't it?
 
@Jaycey - Thanks for all your support and wisdom! :SUNsmile: Happy 2017 to you!

@Krista - I just caught up on your thread and read your 9 week update. You certainly sound on the up and up!! So happy for you. I'm glad you went out to eat a lot and enjoyed your visit from your son! Sounds like you are well grounded and being patient with your recovery. And yes, I wish you could get a magical full recovery date - poof! (It will happen!! It will!) And good luck to your sister with her eye surgeries. Wishing you all the best for 2017! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom