Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ready To Move On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you did it! Good for you! I hope your knee didn't protest too much once you were relaxed last evening! (That's the only time I experience real "pain" now.....once I'm in bed!) I'm sure your kids were so glad to see you!

How'd that swollen knee hold up today?
 
Good report!! So glad to hear it. Hope things continue to go well for you. Just don't let yourself get too active too quickly. This is a time for patience and moderation.
 
Day 2 went pretty well given that I had to do lots of travel around the area. I sat when I could. The kids were much calmer today, thank goodness. My son had a big track meet, so I went to that after school. I was able to ice and elevate on the way and sit on the grass with my leg extended for a while, then to the bleachers. All in all, it went OK. I am tired, but afraid to go to bed as my legs are restless and buzzing like crazy. I can't keep them still.:hairpulling: Next week will be half days as well. I am glad it is Friday already tomorrow.
 
Hi ready! Just been catching up on your thread and I'm so pleased that you've had such a good return to work experience!
I'm back next Friday for 5 hours, unlike you mine is office work & apart from walking round three buildings for meetings (occasionally!), I'm pretty much desk bound so don't have the same issues you have. 100' huh??? Lucky you!! We are wallowing in another awful summer, windy raining & cold!!!
Keep up the good work & I'm sure you'll do great with Mr Right in June!
Big hugs!
:puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Dear Ready - I see you've been back to work, and doing great! So glad to hear it, it's always a bit scary, and I can't even think about it yet, but hope I do as well as you have, once I'm there. Glad you have the weekend to recuperate, and hope you can just relax and get lots of rest and good sleep. Are you still taking pain meds? My legs feel like that when I get in bed, unless I medicate first.

Keep up the good work, and enjoy!! :friends:
 
I'm so glad you had a great day back. I know there was much excitement for you and the children. You mentioned the temperature as being 100 degrees. What's up with this weather, we're not near that warm here in Tennessee where you might expect it to be warm. Maybe the heat wave will move on out and be cooler for a bit as long as you don't get a late snow storm. The way the weather changes so much here lately, you just never know what to expect! Hope you have a good day today and a nice, restful weekend. Take care!:friends:
 
Ah, Friday! I am truly exhausted after only 3 half days. My commute is only 20 minutes and I have a pretty close parking spot. It's just that the space is so large, even if I am in the gym. I tell myself to sit down, but the opportunities just don't come up. It's amazing how hard it is to concentrate when all I can think of is how big and tight my knee is getting. I am fortunate that the swelling goes down pretty quickly. I get half days again next week. I have only been there to teach 1st and 3rd graders, so next week I will have the 2nd and 4th graders in the mornings, and I have been told they are pretty excited. Friday is our big field day, so that will be a full day. My principal said she would hire my sub for the day to help me--how nice is that!! On the ride home tonight, I had a nice glass of red wine, and ice pack, blanket, and video on my mind only to find out I don't have any wine. Oh, well, I hear it doesn't mix well with Tylenol anyway.

Grammy59 thanks for the :friends: ! Who can keep up with this weather? Today when I came home it was 57 with rain showers and a cold east wind. I skipped my daughter's track meet--just couldn't do it! Cold, wet, cramped bleachers, shivering, 11 teams, endless heats of races. Oh, well, I guess I will have to give up my "Mother of the Year" status. She is bringing teammates home for an overnight, so she will have no choice but to forgive me:angel: . I was, however, at my son's meet last night until after 8 and came home exhausted. At least I slept pretty well last night.

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes, and hope you all have a good, restful weekend. How does anyone get through this without the support of BoneSmart friends? Bless you all!
 
You are doing so well Ready, have a very well earned relaxing weekend.
Happy Saturday,
Hugs Toothfairy x :dancy: :happydance:
 
Way to go Ready!! First week over and a restful weekend ahead for you, I hope.
 
Thanks Cathy and TF. Restful weekend? Trying. I just know I will be in the ODIC tonight, but I love spring so much I don't care. I can't help but be outside after all winter cooped up. I just mowed the lawn. It's a rider, so I just sit there and I get to be outside. I have been meaning to hop on the "real" bike for several weeks and haven't done it, so that's next. My kids are out in the garden digging out a bunch of lilies that invaded everything while I take a break and have lunch, which I forgot to eat in my haste to be in the yard. I learned last week that a shovel and wheel barrow will not be in my summer plans (at least not too much), so they are working off their swim club fees. It rained and stormed last night with more coming, so it's a rush to get stuff done while I have some help. Everything is growing so fast! We are hoping to push our dock and boat lift into the lake today I will supervise. I hope to get a few boat rides in before my next surgery. Tomorrow I rest!!

Whatever you are doing today, I hope the rest of you are enjoying your day as much as I am.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Ready To Move On
Ready, I think I'll just check in with tomorrow to see just how much rest you're really getting :heehee: . I just have the sneaky suspicion that if the weather is nice you won't be doing that much resting.


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Ready To Move On
 
Ready, I have found three avatars that I thought you might like to use. They are already sized to fit perfectly as I have tested them. Just right click on the attached picture and "save image as" in your picture files. Then hover your mouse of your user name at the top of the page and from the drop down menu select "Avatar". The click the browse button and find the picture in your files and double click it. Then click "Okay"and you are done.

If you are not interested, my feelings will not be hurt. I just enjoy doing this when the opportunity presents itself.

[Bonesmart.org] Ready To Move On
[Bonesmart.org] Ready To Move On
[Bonesmart.org] Ready To Move On
 
Ready, congrats on going back to work! Can't really say I'm dying to get back, but I am going a bit stir crazy!
 
Thanks bottomshollow ! I have tried so many times to upload an avatar from one of my photos and it hasn't accepted it. Sponge Bob is perfect! You sure have a gift for this "job." I took some time to read your entire post. What an amazing recovery and attitude you have. Now, which comes first? The good attitude or the good results? Most likely they go hand-in-hand.

It did rain much of Sunday, so I wasn't tempted to go out and participate in spring. I am neglecting ice and elevation, so coupled with my fling with spring, I am paying the price. My first bike ride was wonderful, BUT required a bit more flexion than my recumbent bike. I peddled about 4 miles. We have no flat land around us, so I had no choice but to climb a few rolling hills. What goes up must come down, so I did coast the downhills. Also, during a rousing game of Spoons with my family, I ended up on the floor with my daughter--wasn't thinking of the knee, only the win! We were literally :rofsign: . I not only got the point, but managed to escape with minimal pain--mostly due to the quick bend it took. At least she knows I'm no pushover and "I still got it."

I just returned from a half day at school. It was an inside day, so the space was easier to navigate. I was still plenty tired and my knee quite swollen, so it's up now with some ice. My students are so impressed by my scar and are so incredibly sweet and sympathetic. They think it's cool that I would set off a metal detector, and they wanted to know if a magnet would stick to my knee. I must confess I wondered the same:heehee:. I will take my X-ray to show them. I really want them to see me as a "survivor" (so to speak). Being active is way too important for health and quality of life that one should do whatever necessary to get "back in the game," and that I would do whatever it takes to get me there.

I feel a nap coming on. I don't think I have had one since early April. My son has a track meet which I would like to attend, but need to rest first. Thanks all, for cheering me on.
 
I have come to the end of a full week of half days back at school. Other than being a bit swollen, I think it's gone well. Today was our annual Track and Sports Field day, which I am in charge of. My sub came voluntarily to help set up and stayed until noon. It was so nice to have someone be the gopher and go to the far reaching areas of the playground to do stuff. Instead of roaming around checking on stations, I worked at stations where I could sit. After the day, the students carried all of my equipment back to the gym, then my own children put it all away for me. I love having little slaves! It was so nice to visit with parents and have such warm wishes for recovery from them. My superintendent comes to grill hot dogs for our picnic, and he was very kind and totally understands how much time I needed to take off. All in all a good day and a 3 day weekend in front of me. I will tackle FULL DAYS starting on Tuesday. We only have 8 days of school left, so I will do my best to get through those days and be ready for surgery when they are over.

Although the knee has cooperated, it has been a very emotional week. Of course, the tornados in Oklahoma are horrible, especially with the # of students killed. We have had a week of tragedy in our community. A former student took his own life on Monday, another former student was severely burned at a campfire and is fighting for his life, and a local family lost their home to a fire. In addition, 2 Minnesota children lost their lives this week in a bazaar accident while on a field trip. These events make a little swelling and knee pain seem insignificant.

Wishing all of you a restful, pain-free weekend. Thanks to all those who have served our country. Enjoy your Memorial Day.
 
Hi Ready, I am glad that you are coping with your return to work and are being so well supported.
I am sorry to hear you are having to deal with so many sad and distressing events.
Have you ventures out on your real bike yet? I have this week, I have been for a couple of short rides and have really enjoyed it. The first time I got on my bike it felt odd as it is different from my exercise bike. The cranks are longer and I need a greater bend. Once I got over the initial oddness I loved it.
Have a good week. Not long now till you have knee two done. I am off to have my Pre op assessment for knee two tomorrow. After that I will need to wait for a date.
Take care, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :bicycle2:
 
Toothfairy Glad you are getting out on the bike. I have only taken one ride and I agree-it just feels different and requires more of a bend. I will try to sneak in a ride or 2 this week, and will have to live vicariously through you after that. Hope your first day back at work goes well. I finished a week of full days and think it went well. I know I do too much but can't help bopping around. We have only 4 days left, teacher workshop on Friday, surgery on Monday. My pre op is tomorrow and final blood work on Friday. I find it strange that you have a pre op so far away from your actual surgery date. With all of my surgeries, which has been 7 in all, the surgery is scheduled first, then the pre op physical and blood work. I feel very fortunate that there is no long waiting period for a surgery date--about 6 weeks both times (and probably could have done it sooner if I wanted). I live in a small community and ran into my OS at a graduation party this weekend. Kind of strange.

Life is pretty busy at the moment getting ready for the end of the year, trying to get gardens and flowers done to keep me happy, and going to numerous grad parties. I haven't had time to think about surgery yet and to prepare myself for that. Maybe this weekend.
 
Hi Ready, I totally agree with you about the Pre op. At the hospital where i am having my surgery there is a three month time limit between pre op and surgery and in theory you should have it redone if your op is more than three months from your Pre op. Mine was 18 weeks last time and when I queried it they said it didn't matter! I found that strange but as I knew myself that there had been no obvious changes I didn't make any fuss as I was just keen to get on with my op.
What I found so exciting about being on my bike is knowing I can do it. It will inspire me for knee two to know that in time I will be back riding my bike, swimming etc. I know from being on here that many other people have done these things (and more) before but it is not the same as having done it yourself.
Hope your Pre op goes smoothly today. I am sure you will be all organised for your surgery by the time Monday comes around.
Have a great week, hugs, Toothfairy x :yes: :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Ready, my Pre op was all straight forward. Hope yours goes well tomorrow.
Hugs Toothfairy x :happydance: :egypdance:
 
Thanks Toothfairy. Pre-op today went well. My doc was a little surprised that I was jumping into #2. We had a conversation about 2 years ago and he advocated waiting until you absolutely can't do anything before having a replacement, so I had that in the back of my mind throughout the exam. No changes except I was anemic last time and I am still waiting to see where my blood levels are at. May need some pre-surgery iron.

My knee was pretty tired at school today--no doubt too many shenanigans over the weekend. In only worked half day today as I had my appt. after lunch. Then I spent 3 hours and lots of $$ picking out some plants for pots and for my new rain garden. The rain garden concept is new for me--uncharted waters. If anyone has come advice, send it my way. Only a few days left to spruce up the yard for summer!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom