Guest viewing is limited

TKR Randi's In Recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the tape is working. Sounds much better the electric stimulator! Yikes! Hope they don't try that again. And glad your fusion is in tact, that has to be a relief! Last 2 neurologists I've seen both told me I have the tiniest spinal canal they've ever seen. Sort of a cruel joke that the one place I'm 'petite' is my spinal canal! There are a couple of exercises that make my hips hurt and annoy my sciatica so I just don't do them and so far so good.
I'll keep my fingers crossed you get good news on your x-rays next week!
 
Hi Randi - Glad to hear that you are getting some clarity on your situation. And I hope you'll resist the urge to overdo!

One thing I don't understand though - why are they scheduling you for PT sessions if you're not supposed to be exercising?
 
Hi Bassplayer -

It's not PT in the usual sense. They want to watch my gait, etc . Lots of me doing different movements to see if we can figure out what is causing the catching . It seems to happen mostly when I walk more than a few minutes but yesterday we reproduced it by going up and down a few stairs a few times. The hope is if we can figure out whats causing this we can design exercises to strengthen specific muscles. They are also going to try a few gentle massage techniques, etc. just to relieve what they perceive to be muscle tightness.

Just came back from a 15 minute walk and my knee behaved. It felt great.I think the tape is really making a difference. The problem is my other leg is getting so painful I can barely push through it to walk...I'll be happy when I sort this all out.

Hope you have a lovely weekend .

Keep up your great recovery!
 
Randi, I'm so glad you are not giving up. I know this is a slight problem and say slight because What you always been through . I'm so glad that tape is working. Keep us bosted on how you are doing. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Sitting here with my legs up and icing my knee. Not sure this even makes sense but I don't know what else to do. Despite trying oh so hard to keep up my spirits I'm struggling today. sat at my computer for less than an hour and when I stood up i heard and felt a major pull on the side of my knee and then a painful catch. Got up and tried to work it through , walked a bit and the pain went from the inside of my knee to the back and then felt like burning under my kneecap. Hobbled to the freezer to get my ice packs and here I sit wondering what in the world is going on and how physio is going to fix it -and if not...?

My usual way of dealing with things is distracting myself but today thats really difficult. The pain is gone now so I'm going to attempt to go to the pool and see what happens. Meanwhile, x-rays of my left hip and knee tomorrow - oh joy...followed by physio. Lots to talk to her about.

All supportive thoughts welcome !
 
Randi,
I'm really sorry you're having such a rought time. Hopefully physio will know exactly what to do to help.
Supportive thoughts coming your way!
 
Randy, Perhaps you might have some adhesions around your knee cap? I also really pushed more with my first tka than my second. I recently had to have surgery to remove the scar tissue which has trapped my knee cap. After the surgery, I had a really slow recovery. My pt cautioned me that scar tissue or adhesions form when an inflamed knee is exercised.

So, it was slow, slow slow for me--three weeks of no pt, just sitting on the couch with ice. I still cannot believe how long it tooK. I am at 12 weeks now and just beginning to start really working out. I am sorry to hear of your knee and hope it gets resolved soon. It sounds like you have a great pt team. Kelly
 
Hi Randi, hope it goes well with the X-rays tomorrow. How did it go at the pool? Is swimming ok for you at this point?
 
Hi back. I limped into the pool and out but not bad in the pool itself. I have to balance between what feels good for my knee and what brings on sciatica in my other leg.. I'm getting tired of all this and I hate being a 'kvetch'...

Just found out I have an appointment with the super specialist diagnostician on Wednesday -my family doc thought it was urgent apparently and pushed ... so a busy week ahead and hopefully some answers at the end of it all.

Thanks for caring. ..and BTW why are you up now ? Trouble sleeping ? I'm sorry..
 
It is hot!!! I woke up and am chilling next to the A/C now. I'm ok, I passed the 6-week mark and am starting to feel much better, needing less and less pain meds.
 
Randi, You are in my prays. I know how scary it is to what ifs. The brain can work overtime making up what it might be. Please take a deep breath and know that the people on this site is pulling for you and will surport you. Try to take a easy and if you must take it down to seconds. It does work and please keep us posted. :console2:Tashia:friends:
 
Glad to hear you're getting in with the specialist, Randi.
 
It is hot!!! I woke up and am chilling next to the A/C now. I'm ok, I passed the 6-week mark and am starting to feel much better, needing less and less pain meds.
Great to hear ! Keep up the good work..
 
Glad to hear you're getting in with the specialist, Randi.

Thanks, though I'm getting nervous that all this will end up with it being something I don't want to hear about - or nothing -which will make me feel stupid for making such a fuss...
 
Thanks, though I'm getting nervous that all this will end up with it being something I don't want to hear about - or nothing -which will make me feel stupid for making such a fuss...
Don't buy into that. It isn't stupid to ask questions when you know something isn't right. I hope the specialist and your PT can put everything to rights again, best of luck at your appointments this week.:thumb:
 
Thanks Lori M. I do tend to get a bit koo-koo about all this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom