Guest viewing is limited

MUA R knee and tightness<

It's ok to vent here- I suspect we all know you're early in your MUA recovery and that your patience might be a little thin right now. That's, in my opinion, a very normal reaction just a few days out from yet another knee surgery! We've got your back!

:SUNsmile::yes!::SUNsmile:
 
Feel free to vent, we're here to listen and help in any way we can. My hubby is always telling me to take it easy but then in the next breath asking if I've done my exercises.
My OS told me that l might regress a little but not to worry about it.
You really appear to be doing well which is great, keep up the good work.
 
@CATSMUM I know what you mean Claire. My husband tells me all the time to "sit down", or "I'll do that", or "where are you going". Told him more than once that unless he can go to the bathroom for me, I have to get up. Been really tied down now because I am supposed to do 12 hrs. a day in the CPM machine. So, between that and icing and elevating I appreciate every time I have to go to the bathroom! Lol! Yesterday was so nice for me...my kids, their spouses, and 4 of our grandkids surprised me with a visit, and went to the store, bought food, cooked hamburgers on the grill, cleaned up after supper, did it all! Was so nice and broke up the monotony of the day. Only bad part was, trying to catch up my with my hours on the CPM machine! Then had a bad night with pain in the machine...had to get up once during the night to take another pain pill...but so far so good today! Yippee! Have to go for PT on Tuesday so kind of anxious about it...hope they don't try to push me too much. Don't like confrontation! I'm more the compliant type! Hope your recovery keeps going well from your MUA...sounds like your doing well so far! Thanks for your concern and we will have to keep in touch as our MUA's were only a few days apart.
 
Don't let PT push you knee at all. They'll just be setting back your recovery. You need to be in total control of your knee at all times. Please adhere to the mantras on here! You won't be sorry.
 
@jmp65 Julie, definitely keep in touch, l am following your thread with interest to see how our recoveries go. My hubby is a worry bug, like you l tell him that there are certain things I have to do myself!! I also tell him that l will stop doing things if and when my knee starts playing up (which it has done on a couple of occasions today).
It sounds as if you're really making fab progress and getting back to doing normal things, just don't overdo things - we both know that the ODIC club isn't nice! I'm also at Physio on Tuesday so we'll be able to compare notes - know what you mean about hoping that they don't push too much, try not to be too anxious and let them know if it's too much - don't let them bully you, follow what @sistersinhim said in her reply, l intend to. Claire xx
 
Good news today! Went for my first PT session post MUA. Was able to bend my knee to 107 degrees! That is the furthest I have been able to bend it since I had knee replacement 6 months ago. Therapist was very gentle with me and gave me only 4 exercises to do...nothing crazy...just gentle stretches. I am so elated and feel so much hope...thank you @Josephine for encouraging me to go ahead with the MUA...and everyone else also! If I could jump up and down right now I would! :yes!:
 
That's excellent. Generally I'm not in favour of MUAs because most times, they are not warranted. But yours was and as they say, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating"! :chillpill: :loveshwr: :thumb:
 
SO happy for you Julie! Keep posting as you have time to let us all know how you're doing and to give encouragement to others who may face an MUA at some point in their recoveries!

[Bonesmart.org] R knee and tightness<
 
Julie, congrats on the successful MUA! Your first PT sounded wonderful and encouraging. I'm sure everything will keep moving forward for you now. Congrats!:yes!::happydance:
 
Congratulations on a successful MUA.

I don't think it's necessary to spend 12 hours a day in the CPM machine, so don't worry if you can't. Certainly, don't use it after it starts to get uncomfortable.
It's only to keep your knee moving a bit, so using it every now and then should be sufficient.
 
Went to appt. with my ortho doctor today. Follow up post MUA. He is very pleased so far with my progress! Was able to bend my knee to 109 degrees in PT yesterday. Told me I can cut down on my CPM time to 1hr. 3 times per day which makes me very happy. Will see him again in 3 weeks. So happy I had MUA done! Praying I can continue to move forward...really starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Been a long, rough road...and not there yet! But...I will get there!! :yes!:
 
What a great report, so happy for you. My MUA also appears to be responding well, just need to get these pesky ligaments to heal and hopefully, like you, l'll start to see the light at the end of the very long tunnel.
 
Seeing light at the end of the tunnel is good, very good. After all your difficulties you will appreciate it all the more. Well done!
Tabby xxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom