TKR Questions

I'm happy you were able to get some sleep last night. I was only able to sleep in my recliner so that I could sleep on my back and not have as much pain in my knee. My recliner goes very close to fully flat so it is very comfortable.
 
Ugh. Woke up this morning feeling like garbage. I have a compromised immune system and my son was sick last weekend, lasting until Sunday. I don't leave my house much because of being around people that could possibly get me sick. My son rarely gets sick, so I tend to forget that he's in school. Anyway, woke up with a headache, sore throat and dry cough. On top of that, my knee is quite swollen and sore. I'll be elevating and icing it quite a bit today and likely won't do any heel slides, just for today. I'm hoping to kick this quick, otherwise I'll end up having to go to the hospital.
 
I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well today. Hopefully some rest will help you feel better soon so you can stay out of the hospital. :flwrysmile:
 
Feeling worse today than yesterday. Have no choice but to cancel my ortho appointment, which sucks for me because he'll only give pain meds by being seen in person. Am going to shamelessly BEG when I call them in 12 minutes (have to wait for them to be open). Bleh.
 
Canceled my appointment again cause this crud is really hanging on. New appointment date is March 9th. Sucks that I'm going to have to wait so long. Good part is I'll be able to have my mom go with me.
 
Ended up going to the ER yesterday morning because I've been getting worse instead of better. Because of my compromised immune system, I have a *really* bad cold -_- I was put on an inhaler and Tessalon Perles, so here's to hoping I start getting better.

In other news, regarding my knee... LOOK!!!!
 
You sound a lot like me. I'm 47 have have been trying 8 yrs now they all said too young. But then it got so worse couldn't walk hardly. Had surgery was doing good 100 on bending but not straighten . Then I fell and twisted my knee, heard a pop. Called dr and he got me in and said nothing's wrong and then chewed me up because I wasn't doing my exercises and that's what was all wrong. I have been! Now it gets so bad can't put pressure! So sorry just joined here so hope this helps not make me feel a failure


Have a Blessed Day
 
That video could have been me! He did say the younger you are the more muscle you have so takes longer but j was doing better now it's getting worse everyday .


Have a Blessed Day
 
this is as straight as I can and it was a lot better before my fall. But of course that's my fault! Ughh


Have a Blessed Day
 
Until yesterday, my lower leg has basically been like nothing but dead weight. I could not lift it without using something for assistance, at all. Today, I'm able to straighten it out even more than in the video I linked. I showed my son and he started crying because he's so happy about it. I still can't bend it much more than 95 degrees, though.
 
You are making progress!! Though it might seem slow at times you are still moving forward. That's what counts. I hope you are feeling better and you get rid of that cold quickly.:flwrysmile:
 
Am home from my ortho appointment. I am happy to report... I do not have to return to see him for NINE MONTHS!! He told me to just keep doing what I'm doing cause I AM showing improvement! Yeehaw!!!
 
It's good to know that you are making progress. :yes!::happydance:

It doesn't matter if that progress is slow, because ROM can continue to improve for a full year, or even longer.
[Bonesmart.org] Questions
 
My only complaint about my appointment is his "no pain no gain" thing. My knee is a bit stiff and sore this morning and I'm pretty sure it's from his manhandling it during the appointment but it'll pass. I'm just so happy that I don't have to go back until December and didn't have to deal with getting chewed out for not going to physical therapy lol
 
Any progress---even slow progress---is progress all the same---it took me five months to lose a slight little limp after my BTKR---it was six months before I was at 80%-85%, and it was not until eight months or so that I would say that I was around 90%-95%. Hang in there---it may be slow, but you are moving forward!

I certainly understand your frustration---but I am sure that you will reach your destination of being fully recovered!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom