Guest viewing is limited

TKR Questions

I'm pretty sore today, but it was totally worth it. I've been feeling like I'm on cloud 9 since my appointments on Tuesday, but even more so today :D
 
My physical therapist told me daily I was behind, he was sure at 7 weeks and 103° rom my OS would do an MUA. He was wrong. OS said as long as I was progressing he was fine with 103. Wanted me at 115° by 12 weeks, ideally 125° but at 115 I could do most things without issue. If I stopped progressing maybe a little nudge he said. PT wasn't happy when I relayed the docs message. Don't let PT push you. Slow and steady. Good luck!
 
@Kmhark - That's rough. The physical therapist I saw in the beginning left me feeling like absolute garbage, like I wasn't pushing myself enough, etc. I reached 90° and just could not seem to bend any further. My OS basically told me I had to decide before I was 12 weeks post-op for him to do a MUA. I refused, which displeased him but, TBH I didn't care. I already knew by then that I was healing at my own rate. I started doing my own physical therapy at home. I stopped going to anyone for physical therapy many months ago :) I just do my own thing at my own pace and it's been working as far as that goes. It's been the nerve issue that I have been having the problems with but now that I have hope again, things no longer look so bleak.
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom