TKR Questions 8 months from surgery


Here’s a link to the whole list of articles in the Bonesmart Library
Lots of topics there!
 
I’ve never have experienced as much pain in different areas of my body as I have since the tkr. I’m sorry for keeping on like this, but I am so sad, scared that my body won’t get better, and my other knee will need surgery down the road. The one that the Achilles’ tendon is bad. I just can’t stop worrying and crying. At 3 months this has been one heck of a negative journey.
 
Also, PA after examining the back of my knee said I have a bakers cyst, he said not to worry about it…….anyone have this after tkr? He said it’s common……is there anything I can do to make it go away? I can’t find it….asked if it could be drain, PA said it would only come back….that prognosis kind of scared me….even though he said it is not something to worry about…..
I developed one after my TKR and still have it. On days that I really overdo my activities, it will increase in size and be painful. I will just rest the next day and it goes right down. I agree that they are nothing to be concerned about. They will increase and decrease in size. Other than that, I don't even notice it.
 
I am just at 2 weeks today and still can’t imagine hitting such a wonderful milestone. Congratulations! I sure know it wasn’t easy.
 
I waited 11 weeks before I started driving, and I only drove that day because my husband had an eye appointment, an hour from home, and they were going to dilate his eyes, so he couldn't drive home.

Even at that point my knee (left) wasn’t comfortable and I often had my hand on my knee to reduce the subtle vibration of the car.
 
You're driving! What a wonderful milestone. That little bit of extra freedom means so much in the recovery!
 
Thanks benne68! I sure am praying so! Again, feels like your going forward then you have a bit of a set back…..all I can say is thank God for this forum to get all of us through this process! Interesting that doctor said sometime in future all of a sudden bam, everything clicks and is better! Looking forward to that!
 
Still having some pain when walking and the pain that travels up the leg with certain movements, mainly when lying in bed and lifting leg…..does that sound normal for being at the beginning of the fourth month?
 
Yes, I had that, too.
 
Did it go away? And if so, can you remember when it seemed to pass?
 
I don’t remember when it went away. I had a very rough first year, but then I had so much improvement in my second year, as my whole leg continued to heal and relax.

You are having a very normal recovery. I know it’s hard, but try to stop worrying (like I did) and go through your day doing what you are able and accept what you can’t, and accept that recovery is temporary. Looking back, everyone on here who told me to do that, was right. When I had so much eventual improvement in my second year I realized I had wasted so much time worrying, and I was also a bit angry that I was expected to recover on someone else’s timeframe, when I did recover on my own timeframe.
 
Oh boy I sure over did this weekend…….my leg, more than my knee I’d screaming…….burning pain back of thigh to butt, I really thought I have trurned the corner, but
 
Don't be surprised if it takes more than a few days to feel better. You know what to do!
 
Can someone tell me why doctor/ surgeons don’t tell you that healing can take up to a year? A friend asked me why I didn’t know this? good question, I like my surgeon but I don’t recall him or his staff telling me….just wondering if anyone else didn’t know….
 
Back
Top Bottom