Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* problem

@Mireille Hi, i was just wondering how you were going!!, are you getting used to the feel of the spacer? i am feeling ok, very tired and achy but all part of the cause I think!, must check on side effects of daptomycin could be that i guess. Saw the consultant on Tuesday, crutches all the way no driving he thinks for maybe 3 months!, He thinks he will probably keep me on lifetime oral antibs but time will tell and i wasnt surprised. How is your eating going? Big gentle hugs, its a beautiful day, just been out on my bench in the field, all the dogs surround me, just perfect. Thinking of youxxx
 
So happy you are having a beautiful day. You deserve it.
:SUNsmile:
 
Hi @clodaghcov
Wondering if you could get a second opinion on the anti-biotics for life? At the very least do
some research on that topic. Could doing so create a whole new host of health issues for you?
Wondering if it's been suggested you take a pro-biotic in addition to the anti-biotics?
I don't expect answers, just some things to think about.

It's great to hear you're out enjoying the weather and your dogs. Hope it's a beautiful day there.
We're heading for a hot one. Thanks for continuing to share your journey. We care.
Hugs
 
@Layla For sure Layla there will be lots of research and meetings before such decisions will happen. I have 3 months of daptomycin which is going to take me up to August so plenty of researching time!

I am so so tired and feel and look about 100! My poor body, my skin is dry. It's an ongoing battle to combat the antibs. I take probiotics and supplements and the nurses who come every day check my skin and such like. At my appointment on Tuesday, we covered lots of things going back to my original infection 5 years ago. It is thought I had that for 3 years before being identified, no wonder I hurt a lot whilst working for GPs. It's amazing how the body copes!!

I think the truth is I am nearly at the end of options. Yes they can keep opening me and cleaning out and trying to stop the infection but my skin is thin after so many surgeries. I have a horrendous inverted scar and they have tried to bring it upward this time with stitches instead of clips. My stitches come out tomorrow and he is very anxious there is no residue from the wound or I will be straight back in, only time will tell.

Crutches for now, no physio at all ever. If anything hydro over at the hospital. It is definite the first hospital did not get the dislocation back completely and this why it went again. Thank goodness all the prostheses looked perfect. All was measured examined several times, it took 2 of them sitting on my leg to get it back in!!

I am seeing him every 2 weeks and in constant contact on text. I am lucky it is a team specializing in bone tumours and the consequences of bone infection. I couldn't be in better hands, but I know he would be the first person to re refer me if he thought someone else could do better. He flew back from a conference in Prague to operate on me and back to Prague the next day.

Big hugs for better sunnier happy days, but, I am so much luckier than many. xxxx
 
You are an amazing and dear soul. It never ceases to amaze how you remain optimistic in the midst of your own trials. My heart goes out to you and I do remember you in prayer and will continue to do so.

Wondering if Omega 3 - Fatty Acids would help with the dry skin, if you're not already trying that....
I'm sorry you're dealing with that misery in addition to all else. You've been battling this a very long time.
I'm happy to hear you're confident with your doctor and his team. Prayers they continue to offer you the best of care and guidance as you continue healing.

Sending love and hugs your way :console2:
@clodaghcov
 
@clodaghcov So good to hear from you and thanks for thinking of me. I'm glad you're in good spirits. You are dealing with so much but always have a positive attitude. You are in my prayers.

I'm not a fan of the clicking and creaking from the spacer. The pain is minimal to none, more discomfort and annoyance. My appetite is much better.

Wishing you beautiful days filled with peace and health! Keep us updated. Hugs!
 
Hope today is a Good Day for you.:friends:
 
Hi @Mireille ,such beautiful sunshine here, it really eases aches and pains and takes away worries, I have been doing hanging baskets, which are easy to do standing up, I so love being with my plants i feel it is very healing! How are you feeling,?hopefully that spacer is behaving itself! time is going for you, soon be hip time!. My CRP has dropped to 16 which is a relief i so hope we both, actually think there are 4 of us coping with infection will all be going forward and leaving behind these little beasties, big hugsxxxx
 
@clodaghcov Glad you remain in good spirits and are doing well. I also love the garden and I agree that it is peaceful and healing. I sit in my back porch and listen to the birds surrounded by my plantas and flowers. I'm feeling well, under the circumstances. Staples are off and surgeon happy with progress. Counting the weeks until next step. I'm keeping all of us in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Take care!
 
Hi there @clodaghcov
It's wonderful to hear how much happiness your plants and gardening bring you.
I'm happy you have that escape.

I'm keeping you ALL in my prayers too @Mireille
You, clodaghcov, @SCaprae and our crazy friend @Fractured. Quite the group we have here.
We can't forget poor Hedwig also who desperately needs help.
Prayers for healing and brighter days ahead for each of you.
 
@Layla Thank you, I know we will all appreciate this, what a gang we are!! each at a slightly different time but all pulling for each and wishing each other well. For me, just being warm and seeing sunshine is my biggest help, yes i have bad worrying days when i wonder how i am going to end up, but with the flowers and plants and my beautiful 7 dogs and of course loving husband and family I try hard to forge ahead. Love and hugs to you allxxx
 
Such an inspiration you are! A beautiful ray of sunshine.
A flower for you, from me :flwrysmile:
@clodaghcov
 
There are so many that have so much less..so pleased you have things to be grateful for as you get better.
I do so think you will.:ok:
I'll be rooting for you.
 
How are you doing @clodaghcov
I hope you're having a good week.
Hotter than Hades here.....over it! I want just a little Spring in my life.
Not straight from sub zero to sweltering heat. Just a little exaggeration :heehee:
Hopefully it's comfortable in your area. Hopefully you're comfortable too.
Hugs!
 
@Layla Thank you for your good wishes. I am really doing very well and really feel well to say I have got this beastly infection! I am taking lots of Kefir and probiotics and I am sure this is part of the answer. Everything starts with that gut!

Apart from not being able to drive yet and no bending twisting etc., that you all know lots about, my life is pretty normal, busy as I can be I am not a sitter so endevour to be active most of the time then I sleep well!

My rash itching is awful. I am just starting some new pills from my GP for urticaria, it is just round my flank, back and tops of my arms. If it got any worse the bone infection team would look at a change but I really want to get through this. I am a third of the way, only another 8 weeks to go. Ella arrives this week so will be lovely to have her here and om sure we will do lots of girly things.

The ROC nurses are so supportive when they come every day such a commitment every day, always ready to check me all over! I see my consultant on Tuesday. I am hoping he may let me drive! We have had terrible storms we have lived in our cottage for 37 years and never seen anything like it but so hot at the same time. Now I must get off to do more hanging baskets, the geraniums have done wonderfully well after i was forced to ignore them mostly last year.

The dogs have been clipped it is just too clammy for long hairy coats and they have their paddling pool filled!

Hugs and lovexxx
 
Good to see you living while waiting. :) :-) (:
Hope they let you drive, dear @clodaghcov .
Ticking off the days....
I'm hoping the next months go by quickly :roseshwr:
 
Last edited:
Hi!
Glad to hear you're taking care of that gut. At least I believe it's important. Obviously you do too.
I'm sure that rash / itching is unbearable. I sure hope you can get that under control.
How wonderful Ella is coming. I hope your time together is enjoyable and comforting.
Hopefully it serves as a pleasant distraction also. Fingers crossed you get the green light to drive again soon.
Hugs and best wishes for a great week @clodaghcov
 
How was your week @clodaghcov
I see you spreading cheer and support around here but wondering how you're progressing.
How's the weather over there across the pond?
Hope today is good and your week wonderful!
 
@Layla Thank you for keeping in touch. I am doing well, I feel fairly well except for the itching, which really nothing very much helps, the Cetraban lotion is the best with antihistermine tablets, I am a quarter of the way through the daptomycin, my results are going welll. I went to see the consultant again, my scar is now exposed, but it is really like a crater and i think there is very little more skin that can be stretched there, hence finding ways forward without surgery. I go back to the hospital next week, although i am still to walk with crutches, my leg feels stronger and stronger, i can actually imagine walking normally now--just keep the bugs away pleeease. It is very hot and beautiful here limbs are changing colour, flowers are blooming hurray summer is here! Have a happy week, hugsxx
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom