Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* problem

Finally! You know You might want to just try some water first, the cookies might come back up?
It works that way for me.
It's hard not to worry about the greenhouse but just remind your husband how important it is to you.
Did they change out any parts? Or just put everything back in place? Curious here.
So happy youe're over that.
 
You're amazing! @clodaghcov
I realize you didn't have a choice given the circumstances but you don't seem to let
it get you down or dampen your mood. Unless you're throwing things at hubby behind our backs :heehee:
Happy to hear your legs are the same length now :yay:
Wish you could get a pedi somehow....
Hope you have a nice Sunday.
Big hugs!
 
Seriously need some sugar fix have a few biscuits stored for emergencies, do you think I could have them?
:yes!: I say.

Hugs and kudos for your grace under pressure.
You and Zinnia truly inspire me.:roseshwr:
 
@Jackie222 too right, they are so itchy especially when its warm, hopefully up tomorrow, you know how gross sundays are in hospital, hope you are enjoying the sunshine and not working on the farm, though I guess it never stops!!xxx
 
I am feeling so sad, my beautiful hip is in situ and no pain,but the first round of results has shown up staph again,i have been on vacomycin iv plus oral since saturday, so tomorrow will be bone infection team meeting for the next way forward, results will come every day for ten days. It was thought i would go home tomorrow but that will not happen now, probably 2 weeks iv then oral. It really never crossed my mind, my crp was 3 and all was good, so this is such a shock more info soon. Big hugsxx
 
Oh my stars...NOT what anyone wanted to hear.
:console2:
Prayers and hugs....
 
@clodaghcov I am so sorry to read this! Darn! I guess you are in the best place to get this seen to quickly. Hang in there my friend. We are with you all the way! :console2:
 
Aww, you dear sweet woman. My heart hurts reading this.
I hate the thought of you receiving that news, your hopes dashed.
You've been such a kind loving supporter of others all the while you're going through your own trials.
Many prayers will go up on your behalf, dear @clodaghcov I hope you're resting comfortably today.
Sending hugs and lots of love :console2: please know we're here for you....
 
I am so so tearful, the bone infection team have just been to see me. I am to have 3 months twice a day intensive iv something starting with d, they are just so kind, i will have this at home, they will send there nurses to me twice a day to do this, i am so very lucky, they will do all my bloods monitoring and all, they want me to lead a good life, keep well walk and enjoy my dogs and know i will cope better than here in hospital The only good thing if there is one is what if i had not had to be opened for dislocation, i asked this-- well i would have become very ill again and may have lost my hip again, this has been caught early, i have only been off the antibiotics 8 weeks. I must fight and stay well this is the main thing. Pic line bloods lots of things to do but hopefully home soon. I went for a walk this afternoon, found a sunny bench abit low---but a good walk, so many people speak to me here it all helps. Love and hugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Aww, sweetie, this just breaks my heart. It feels so unfair.
I guess that painful dislocation was a blessing in disguise. Thankfully you're able
to continue treatment in the comfort and privacy of your own home. I'm glad you were able to get out for a walk and that you are finding comfort in talking with people. You know we'll always be here for you, that you can count on. You'll continue to be on my prayer list.
Sending a warm hug and lots of love your way. Stay strong.
@clodaghcov
 
Thank goodness it was caught early enough.
What a struggle...and won't we be finally celebrating when this mess gets finally over with:xmark:

Thinking of you and sending you all the best @clodaghcov .
 
Last edited:
Thinking of you this morning @clodaghcov
Hope you're comfortable and that this is a peaceful weekend for you :console2:
 
@clodaghcov
When it rains- it pours! You poor dear!
I'm praying for you to keep your wonderful positive attitude and that you remember to come here and
Let us help when you need to vent. And prayers that this new course of antibiotics kicks the bad bugs for good this go round.
A blessing disguised as a dislocation, is still a blessing. My own mom had one of those and the docs found cancer from that but were able to operate and prolong her life. So still a blessing see?
Hope you get home soon.
 
Happiness!! I am going home tonight, pic line in 2 doses of new drug Daptomycin, i expect its a pure gut killer so first thing get back on kefir. No real side effects, bit sicky and tummy troubles but will settle, bone infection nurses come home tomorrow to me, how lucky we are with our NHS everybody has been so kind to me, i do seem unfortunately a bit of a regular! Although we have medical insurance, this was an emergency and my surgeon wil only have me with his team here, and although i have had a couple of revisions privately I have to say that absolutely everything has been better on the NHS each time, the same nurses, theatre staff even cleaners who are wonderful i have met over a huge timespan here, I have so much to be grateful for. Now for my bit, slow, very very slow, no bath ever again, though i can sit on my stool in the greenhouse and my chair in the field with the dogs!! Thank you everyone, your support and kindness is like nothing i have ever known, I so wish i had found you many years ago.xxx
 
You're amazing! @clodaghcov
Does anything ever dim that sunny disposition?
I see you bopping around to others threads trying to cheer them on.
There are blessings in store for you. You're a true inspiration.
Sending love and hugs your way. Congrats on going home!
 
@clodaghcov I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. You really are an inspiration, providing me comfort and support while you're going through all this. I'm keeping youin my thoughts and prayers and hope that this time, this will be it. Sending hugs your way! :friends:
 
I agree your positivity is in inspirational. You keep me from whining many times with trivial issues I get going on.
:loveshwr:
 
Happy to hear you are home and remaining upbeat!
Kefir! Yes must replenish the good GI bugs.
Nice you have the home nurses to check in and help
Do they come daily for the IV? Or will you learn and do?
Wishing you all the best and hoping your greenhouse isn't too hot
and your chair in the field can be in the shade a bit?
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom