Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* problem

@clodaghcov We are with you all the way! Please try and keep positive - I know it's hard but you need to focus on the end result. I hope they get the theatre time sorted for you quickly so that you can begin to move forward.
 
I am new but have just read your entire thread, slowly and carefully, the past two evenings. I want to add, along with others, my sincere wishes for a successful journey through this discouraging setback.

I am slowly recovering from a right THR and have had numerous orthopedic surgeries (many not listed below, because the eventual replacement of my left ankle basically solved the problem). I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome, a congenital connective tissue disorder leading to weak and unstable tendons and ligaments throughout my body. Thus, my body is riddled with arthritis at my age, and I am always at great risk for dislocation. Some of my surgical results are not optimal, as is normal for someone who has very compromised soft tissues--but they will do, as long as they hold. Sometimes I am discouraged and fear the future, as I contemplate future revisions, possible infections, etc. as my number of replaced joints grows, my non-replaced joints hurt (and pain management is a difficult issue in my country due to the opioid crisis), and epidural steroid injections keep pretty severe spinal issues at bay.

But your thread inspires me; you continue to deal with issues one at a time, by getting the best possible medical care and facing each setback with resolution, while living your life fully, dogs and garden and family surrounding you. A strong will is a great asset. Thank you for sharing your story. You never know when that sharing is giving encouragement to a stranger.

I will continue to follow your story and again, wish you the very best under these difficult circumstances. Enjoy the lovely summer, your family, and those dogs : )
 
@clodaghcov hang in there my friend! You are one very strong lady. Big respect to you for dealing with all of this for so long. Let's get you back on track and moving to a better place!
 
Hi @clodaghcov
Is your next surgery scheduled for July 19th?
Noticed it on Mireilles thread and want to confirm so it can be added to your signature.

Hope you're having a good day. I see you spreading cheer around here.
You're amazing!
 
This is the date I have been given but I guess if a cancellation occurred it may go forward. Slept well, the warmth, my plants and just the pure ambience of home and my fields is more healing mentally than anything else. And my 4 doodles, bassets and greyhound think it is bliss and the sun is shining xxx
 
@clodaghcov Thank you for your posts...
That is why I love you so much.:loveshwr:
So many of us want everything to be perfect before we can enjoy anything in our lives.
You refuse to let the imperfection in your life right now rob you of simple pleasures and life's beauty.
I hope to be more like you.
Hope your day is as sweet as you are.
 
Hi clogaghcov :hi:
Thanks for the date. It will be added and if it changes let us know.
Thankfully you're home for now and happy.
I'm sure your spirit feels dampened but you always find joy. It's so refreshing. It's so admirable.
May the beauty of nature never grow old for you.
Hugs!
@clodaghcov
 
@Josephine would you please advise on your recommendation if I should feel it necessary to have a second opinion. I value you and of course your members advice. x
 
@clodaghcov, my heart goes out to you as you travel along the road to recovery. Your words are so calming, you are so kind and encouraging to others, and you find peace and comfort and beauty in the people and places you love. I hope you have a calm and beautiful day.
 
Sure but first, where are you located exactly? And who have you seen up to now
 
I am in Birmingham. Many moons ago I was under Roy Pearson, I would imagine not with us anymore, then Derek McMinn. Then when he moved only onto private medicine Ronan Treacy, then 5 years ago when things got very complicated, Professor Lee Jeys all under ROH. Thank you
 
Hi @clodaghcov
Stopping by to say Hi!
Hope you've had a decent week. Spoken to someone who always turns lemons into lemonade.
Hopefully your home, plants and pets are helping you feel at peace.
A great weekend to you!
 
Hi to all of you. Warwickshire is really in a heat wave, no car washing or hosing gardens-----but I so enjoyed growing them so just a little!

I am trying really hard to rise above all the problems with my hip, thinking about other things and those gorgeous 4 legged creatures of ours!. I am worried and I know the nurses are too. My thigh is so so painful and my scar line angry. I honestly dare not tell you what my CRP is. I so hope I get a phone call tomorrow.

There have lots of emails going back and forth but still nothing to me. My feeling is they will not be able to leave me another 3 weeks but what will they do? I wake in the night thinking, ok this is it, but soon my skin will split.

Ok no more talk of me - have any of you seen Bookclub, I so enjoyed, laughing and relaxing. I had forgotten how to do it. I think I need an old golf buggy, do any of you golfers think it would help me to wheel in the field? I simply cannot get that far!

Happiness to you all and lo vexx
 
Dear @clodaghcov
It's hard to be dismissive of your situation and concentrate on something else when it seems you're holding on by a thread. It feels almost inhumane to me that you can't get the treatment you so desperately need right NOW. This waiting game has to be maddening. It gets me unnerved and it's not even my hip.
I'm constantly amazed at how you take it all in stride. I'm in awe of your patience and I admire your ability to comfort and uplift others in the midst of your own physical pain. All I can do is pray you get the attention you deserve ASAP.

I hope your dogs and gardens bring you lots of joy today :flwrysmile:
 
@clodaghcov You are always so positive and cheerful despite the setbacks you continue to face. I hope they can finally get to the bottom of this and you can begin a full recovery. I appreciate your thoughtfulness by checking up on me and sending cheer and positivity my way. Sending you warm hugs!
 
Hope they contact you soon.
You are in my prayers tonight!
:praying:
 
As I wait for the nurse and my blood results of yesterday I think today I may have to call for an ambulance. My leg is horrific, We will see what he says but I am getting desperate xxx
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom