Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* problem

@clodaghcov Glad you're doing well and recovery is coming along nicely. You'll be walking without aids soon. Sometimes it's a long road but we eventually make it to our destination. Hugs!
 
Hi :wave:
It sounds like all is going well. Prayers it continues, dear clodaghcov.
Itching sounds miserable! I'm sure you have Aveeno products in the U.K.
Wondering if you've tried a one of their soothing bath packets with colloidal oatmeal...
It sounds beautiful there. I hope you enjoy Summer!
@clodaghcov
 
I am devastated. Six weeks post second dislocation, four and half months post THR and I have dislocated again. I sat on my high chair with my husband and granddaughter with me and it's out again.

Most of the evening was spent in tears and on the phone trying to deal with it. My leg is 3ins shorter. I refused A&E admission last time. I spent 5 days in hospital before they took me to theatre and they couldn't get it in. I was ambulanced to ROH where I had to be opened to have it put back. So I have no faith. My surgeon has texted me, wanting me to go to emergency. This morning I shall contact my insurance company to see about admission. My treatment has been NHS so far, but I think now it's time to use my facility.

I am at the end of all this. Since August this has been going on. The nurses still come every day to give me IV for my bone infection. I really hoped it would have gone back overnight. Thank goodness I still have crutches, raised loo seat and painkillers in use, My body is giving up.
 
So sorry to hear of this latest set back @clodaghcov. I hope they are able to get hip back in place.
 
@clodaghcov I am so sorry to hear you had yet another dislocation. I hope you can get some relief very soon. Please update when you can.
 
I hate this for you.
We all want so badly for everything to be okay with that hip.
I just want you to know how much we care and wish that they could just get some kind of permanent fix.
 
Such heartbreaking news to read this morning, dear clodaghcov.
I'm so very sorry you have to deal with this once again.
Prayers for your comfort and peace of mind as you decide how to proceed.
 
@clodaghcov My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry you're having tp go through this again. I continúe to keep you in my prayers. Please don't give up, nothing worthwhile is easy. Sending you hugs!
 
I so hope they can too.
Prayers all goes well.
Let us know when you are able.
We are thinking of you.:praying:
 
Prayers going up dear, clodaghcov
We're thinking of you and rooting for you.
Let us know how you're doing once you're comfortable.
Sending love and a hug.
@clodaghcov
 
Devastated. They cannot get the hip back. It is looking as if it will be a whole new revision but until I see the surgeon and team I must stay positive. The complication of bone infection and not having a femur but a very long prosthesis down to my knee can only cause problems.

There are lots of questions I need to ask and write down. I think the only thing is that it cannot stay 3ins short with a tennis ball coming out of my butt. My thigh is very swollen and my scar is stretched horrendously.

I hope if I am hanging around they will let me go home for a bit. I'm not ill, just have a rotten hip!!

The dogs and home and flowers and of course husband and Ella can only give me a better feeling. Freddie my big labradoodle sits gently with me all the time and Biggles the basset they just know when something is wrong.

Have a lovely weekend all of you and be especially happy for me. Hugs and lovexxxx
 
I refused A&E admission last time. I spent 5 days in hospital before they took me to theatre and they couldn't get it in. I was ambulanced to ROH where I had to be opened to have it put back.
I don't understand why you refused admission. Don't you know that a dislocated hip is an emergency? If they are going to be able to reduce the dislocation closed (no surgery) it has to be done as soon as is possible after it happened.

The thing is that the longer it stays out, then the muscles and ligaments contract making reduction almost impossible.Waiting is not an option.
So I have no faith
I would imagine - it must be a nightmare for you.
This morning I shall contact my insurance company to see about admission. My treatment has been NHS so far, but I think now it's time to use my facility.
I really don't think that's a good idea. You'd be getting the best treatment in an NHS hospital because the junior doctors will always get your consultant in to deal with your hip.
Devastated. They cannot get the hip back.
I'm not surprised. The dislocation is too old to be reduced.
The complication of bone infection and not having a femur but a very long prosthesis down to my knee can only cause problems.
No it won't! What ever gave you that idea? Long stems don't cause any problems in that way. None whatsoever.
I hope if I am hanging around they will let me go home for a bit. I'm not ill, just have a rotten hip!!
Oh yes you are ill but not in the general sense you mean. If you had a broken leg you'd accept you weren't 'well' wouldn't you? This is not a situation to be messed around with - at least if you're in hospital, they can get you to theatre ASAP when it suits and that's what you need.

I would also suggest you might want to get a second opinion. I can recommend someone if you would let me.
 
Aww, sweet clodaghcov, just hang on and stay positive. Don't lose hope.
Please let Josephine recommend someone who might help you.
I understand being devasted, this has been a long journey for you. But where there's breath, there's hope.
You have a lot of people here to support you through encouraging words and many prayers are going up.
When it's safe for you to go home to be with hubs, Ella, your dogs and flowers...they'll discharge you.
Until then hold on tight and tell yourself it will get better. Prayers to that end :prayer:
Sending a big hug and lots of love your way....
@clodaghcov
 
Yes, I know you are tired of being infirmed and don't want to be in hospital, but let Josephine help.
 
Well there has been a lot of activity with people being interested in me. I am going home tomorrow for a week or so with the nurses coming again each day to give IV and monitor me. There is still a plan being formed for my treatment which I need to get my head round, the prosthesis will all come out and maybe a pump fixed for a week or so before another revision is planned. I guess a two stage again in a way.

I don't think there is a firm plan yet, lots of discussions going on. There seems a big team involved. I know I have another long journey ahead. I have to go through this and stay focused. My son works in this business and has been reading many papers regarding my problems and is helping me to stay positive.

I need you all, stay with me.xxx
 
@clodaghcov We are with you to offer our support! You are not alone! Wishing you all the best. Stay positive! Hugs!
 
We're here, we're staying with you, dear @clodaghcov
I hope you're not in pain and pray for an end to these set backs.
This has been a long journey. Its time for a happy ending.
Sending love and hugs!
 
@Josephine Hi thank you for the help and advice you have given me. Having waited 4 days the last twice when I had dislocation and knowing the same would happen again is why it was better for me to stay at home. It's sad the situation in A&E it hurts me to see it. I worked for GPs for over 20 years only in a minor way but I know when things are going chaotically.

I am grateful for all the help and treatment the NHS have given me and I am going to need them more. I know at the ROH I am in the best place with the surgeon who knows what a mess is inside my hip and I need to keep my faith to try and stay positive. I think the plan is unclear as to quite what they are going to do, but, I'm pretty sure the prosthesis will have to come out and be replaced in some way or in stages.

I am finding the situation in the hospital sad. Mostly bank staff and certainly failing ways but I know using my BUPA is probably not the answer like you suggested. My surgeon is away at a conference this week and they are juggling theatre space for me on his return. I am better at home. The ROC nurses come each day to give me my Daptomycin so I am well cared for and hopefully will return for surgery feeling happier and more settled than i do now.

Thank you for everything you are wise lovely lady and this sight is truly wonderful, I just wish i had found you all years ago. Please keep on advising me but understand what a situation I am in.

Thank you for everything,xx
 
We all want so badly for this to be over already...but I'm glad you are able to be home until they are ready to fix this.
I know you are sick to death of this, but they apparently DO need to start over...as this one has never wanted to stay fixed.
You have many friends and supporters here, @clodaghcov !:friends:
Glad you also have your son to reassure you.
Hope you are as comfortable as possible and pain is managed!
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom