Hip Infection* problem

Oh my stars:scare:
I am just catching up also.
Poor @clodaghcov !
Will have to google tennis splint!
What is that contraption?
So sorry for this to happen...try not to do anything but what you must please!
Sympathy hugs:console2:

Last edited:
Well its not the end of the world, but gosh its awkward, and I feel pretty terrified of it happening again. Obviously my leg is stiff in this splint so I ache all over and I just feel I want to get out! I go back to the hospital on Monday and then to see my hip consultant on May 1st---he just pleads with me pleeeeese be careful!! I am missing the water and driving to potter!, but ive made a real mess in the greenhouse on my stool cutting back and repotting, not only is the floor covered in soil, I am too, how its got in the brace and down my socks ill never know---but, its kept me busy---it is pouring with rain all day, very freaky weather. Hugs to you allxx

Gosh - you are living the nightmare! So sorry you had a dislocation. Doesn't sound like it was anything you did to trigger this. Did your surgeon say anything? This far out in recovery that must have been quite a shock. Hang in there with the brace and easy does it!

I'm going to tag our forum nurse, @Josephine, to come and comment on this dislocation. She may have a suggestion for a different surgeon for you to see for a second opinion.

3 weeks in a tennis splint
I too was puzzled by that description but it appears it's just a normal hip brace!

tennis brace for hip dislocation.JPG

She may have a suggestion for a different surgeon for you to see for a second opinion.
She can't do any better that Derek McMinn! He is just simply the best!

Hi there,
I'm happy to hear you were in the greenhouse and doing what you love. Mess and all!
Nothing's stopping our dear, clodaghcov. But I will echo the hip consultants plea -
Pleeease be careful! Praying there are NO accidents. Please keep us posted.
Wishing you comfort as you wait!
@clodaghcov

Thank you guys, the splint doesn't actually go round my waist, just thigh to ankle such a nuisance. I really hope this was a one off----I had a bath night before, following guide lines to a t, hip was very sore next day, then I sat to put tights on--first time this year! and got it caught round my toe I leant foot went inwards and-------- I really thought I was leading such a gentle time, now I feel terrified even trying to get a shoe on!, suddenly I am having to ask for help again, and I guess no swimming until I see consultant May ist-----or maybe it would help to strengthen gluts--what do you think, they want me to continue exercises forward hold, backward hold and sideways hold with splint or without??????
Have a happy day-Sun is shining, doors open, dogs asleep on patio, yes, real sunshine!xxx

@clodaghcov please be very careful! I would not be struggling to put on tights so soon after a dislocation. Needing to ask for help is temporary.

I would clarify with your surgeon's office regarding exercising and swimming. Can you even do the exercises in your brace?

Glad you are getting some sunshine !
I echo all above...please try not to do anything that might aggravate things.
Hope you have an easy day...behave!:beg:

Large measures of patience and perseverance needed @clodaghcov You're a trooper!
Hurry up May 1st...
Prayers for your comfort and safety as you wait.
A great weekend to you!

Hi @clodaghcov
Hope you're hanging in there.
Two more weeks and you get to meet with the consultant.
Were you able to catch any of JRAD? If not...you'll be able to see it here,
in its entirety, within the week. Within a few weeks it will be broken down into segments.
Hope you have a great week!

Life is certainly a journey, @clodaghcov, but I wish your's would be a bit less adventurous. I am truly sorry you are facing more troubles that are so very scary. You do deserve a break, a lot of them. That you can work in your green house potting spring flowers is a real inspiration. Hopefully that eases the wait and the pain for you. Keep us up to date on what goes on for you. And chocolate! More chocolate! is the way to go. :happydance:

Hi @zinnia and @Layla Thank you for your emails its so lovely of you to think of me. I am feeling I am almost back to where I was before the dislocation, suddenly the pain is easier and I am feeling more confident. I am sure if the spring sunshine would come so many people would feel better! I started driving again this week, jut gentle local trips, but it did feel so good. I am hoping the recovery continues to go well, we are going to Southern Ireland to stay with our elder son and family, I don't want to be the cranky Bubby then as we arrive back after a couple of weeks, our eldest granddaughter Ella is coming from her home in Portugal to live with us while attending college,lots going on, so I must be well. I am looking forward to reading theJrnd im sure learning lots. Yes, ive just eaten two chocolate bars, actually really unlike me but I must have needed it!!. Love to you bothxxx

You're so sweet! @clodaghcov
Must be all that chocolate you're consuming :wink:
It's wonderful to hear your pain is easing bringing you more confidence.
Hooray for driving! :driver: It brings a great feeling of independence.
Cranky bubby, that's funny :rotfl: No....you don't want to be remembered as Cranky Bubby, lol.
How exciting though....a trip to Ireland to stay with loved ones and something to look forward
to upon your return, in your granddaughter coming to live with you for a time.
Lots of lovely memories to be created!

Safe travels and continued healing to you. Sending love and big hugs your way.:loveshwr::friends:

You SO deserve to be happy.
Your journey has been so long and I think you must be just one strong lady with all the fortitude to enjoy your life and grandchildren.
Hope life keeps on getting better :loveshwr:and better :loveshwr:for you.

Well its been three weeks since my dislocation and by gosh it is still painful, I hate having to be on a regime of pain killers again, Im taking regular doses of tramadol and co-dydramol and I think I may have a switch to codeine and paracetamol and see if that helps more. I am sleeping ok, with a pillow between my legs, but gosh I just want to get back to where I was. I am having bloods done tomorrow, before seeing consultant next Tuesday. I simply cannot put my weight completely through on that hip,the knobbly bit round left side of bum is very sore, Im using icepower with msm which does help, but I just want to be normal. Spending lots of time in the greenhouse which keeps me happy, but just cant keep reaching over, still maybe tomorrow I hope you are all making progress and are happy.xxx

Hang in there @clodaghcov ! Keep that icing going. That hip is bound to be sore from all the trauma. Please let us know how your appointment goes with the consultant.

I'm sorry you're still in pain over that dislocation @clodaghcov
We need to get you feeling better so you can enjoy your trip to Ireland.
Its great to hear the greenhouse keeps you happy. It sounds like a wonderful distraction.
I hope all goes well with your appointment next Tuesday.....please keep us posted.
Best wishes your days are soon pain free.

:hi:Hope all went well at doctor.

Sorry you have to take the meds but sometimes we just do what we gotta, right?

Healing hugs
And a flower:flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back