Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* problem

How's our dear clodaghcov doing?
I hope you're resting comfortably since you returned home.
Wishing you a peaceful relaxing day and weekend!
Hugs
@clodaghcov
 
:hi: @clodaghcov
Please tell me the itchys have subsided.
Just wanted you to know I've been thinking of you.
Today is Friday, and I'm so grateful for it.
The temperatures have been brutally hot.
Hope you have an easy day, friend!:flwrysmile:
 
Sending some love :loveshwr: and a hug :friends:
Sure hope you're doing okay :yes:
@clodaghcov
 
Thank you all for thinking of me! I am really doing ok, taking life very quietly, but still enjoying what I can do! My top half muscles must be getting so strong. I am starting to put a bit of weight on which is good. 4k is too much to lose for me, so I am looking more healthy.

It's a full house, our son is back from his travels in Thailand, Ella is here, our Irish son daughter-in-law and children arrive on the 15th and the Portugal crew arrive on the 21st!! Im sure they will all pitch in and it will be great!!

Sitting outside in the field with the dogs is really wonderful, it is just like straw, no real rain for so long, sitting more. I am getting the chance to really appreciate the sheer beauty of being here and just counting my blessings. My CRP is down to 20 which from 380 a month ago is heading in the right direction! I see the consultant on Thursday so there are a few words i need to have about the chaos when i was really ill and nobody really took responsibility for, I felt so sorry for the nurses coming home to me.

Anyway hopefully that is in the past! My IV and oral antibs are due to finish on the 17th, so I will learn what is the next step with lifelong antibs, and what plans or otherwise they have for my future! I wish there was a spacer I could have in permanently and not bother with a hip.

This next week we will be talking about a buggy. It has to be a help and I could even do some pruning and dead heading with it!!

The 4 doodles are having their coats stripped off on Monday, they will feel so much better getting rid of all the grass seeds in their coats.

Mireille it all seems to be going to plan for you, this makes me so happy, Mojo and Layla i know you both have things to deal with but you are all such amazing friends, hugs and lovexxx
 
Your family sounds lovely. Glad to see you getting some nature therapy.
The buggy (is that like a scooter chair?)
It does sound like it will show you to do more...I know you weren't overly thrilled about having to use one...but just temporary help...and you might need to use it again when you are 100!
I know you are anxious and tired of another surgery, but I hope all will be well so you can get it done finally.
Good for CRP doing well and getting some meat back on your bones.
You have a ton of people rooting for you, my friend.
That has to be good mojo!:friends:
 
I'm happy to hear you have a full house. Lots of family and a whole lotta love!
You're sweet and generous spirit never ceases to amaze me given all you've been through.
I see you spreading love throughout the forum while you're still struggling with uncertainty
yourself.

Wonderful news on your CRP. It's moving in the right direction! You'll have to keep us in the loop regarding your next steps. You will continue to be in my prayers for perfect healing, dear clodaghcov.
You have many here who care, count me among them.
Hugs
@clodaghcov
 
@clodaghcov I'm so happy you're surrounded by your loved ones. There's nothing better. You are a fighter and I have faith you will get better soon! Sending lots of hugs your way! Have a lovely day!
 
Hi @clodaghcov
I hope you're having a good day.
Excited for you with more family coming soon.
I'll bet some great times are coming, wonderful memories to be made.
Hugs and best wishes for a peaceful evening!
 
Next week for PICC out, YAY!
Going to think positive!
:praying:
Wishing you a peaceful day.:SUNsmile:
 
Hi, well today I have been back to the consultant. We had a really good talk and my husband wanted to hear it all as well. The consultant was at the bone infection meeting about me today and the microbiologists have decided to leave me on the same antibiotic regime for the time being so not losing the PICC yet while they still consider whether and which antibiotic to stay on for life.

I am to remain as I am for at least 6 months which doesn't surprise me. I always said it would be next year! We talked dual mobility cups, biofilm, the fact I have non-attached muscles in my thigh and the fact I will probably be on life time restrictions. At least I know where I am and I have to just get on with it. I am not in as much discomfort. I am good on my crutches so I have got a lot to be grateful for.

He is happy for us to go on holiday the end of September we are booked to go to Crete, there are just a few things to confirm---you can get raised loo seats in Crete, also sand pads that go on the bottom of crutches to enable you to walk on sand! I now use a nylon backpac with a cushion inside so I have a ready height for seats!

I so wish I was in Mireille and Fractureds position but by the time I get there they will be able to give me loads of advice!!

Hugs to you all xxx
 
You never cease to amaze me. You always find the silver lining. While things are not the way you hoped they'd be at this point, it could always be worse. I'm happy to hear you're not in too much discomfort and that you're going on holiday in September. Such great news! Well deserved I'd say, dear clodaghcov.
Long overdue and well deserved.
Much love and big hugs to you!
@clodaghcov
 
I wish it was different news...but couldn't been worse news I suppose.
I echo Layla's sentiments.
I'm in awe of your acceptance and truly KNOW that though it may be longer...you SHALL get there.
Having hugs...:friends:
 
A couple of other things; should I leave this forum now as I realize I don't really qualify?

The other thing I forgot to tell you, when I asked consultant if there was anything more I could do for myself he said Probiotics. As you know I have been making Kefir for over a year for the dogs and myself and firmly believe everything starts in the gut. He said it is the big talk at the moment and one worth following.

Have a happy weekend all and thank you for your lovely messages, I'm not always upbeat you know!! but it does help me to cope!!

Cake making now for the tinies coming to stay!!xxx hugs
 
couple of other things, shold i leave this forum now, as i realize i dont really qualify?
No. You certainty should not.
I don't know why you would even think that?
You are having a longer road than anyone and for that I'm sorry but you are a part of our family here.:loveshwr:

We will give you a reprieve while you leave and try your best to put this out of your mind and enjoy Crete. It will be wonderful...I've always wanted to go.:SUNsmile:
Sand pads for crutches? Sounds like you are ready to go?
Please let us know how the trip goes.

I so wish i was in Mireille and Fractureds position, but by the time i get there they will be able to give me loads of advise!!

Yes they will!
 
@clodaghcov While the road to recovery is longer, it is good news that you are now well taken care of and things are not being rushed. You definitely belong in this group and we are with you all the way. We all have our ups and downs but I can honestly say that I've never seen any negativity in your posts. You always have a sunny and positive attitude which has really inspired me not to give up. I'll always be around to follow up on your progress and help you out when you need it.

So happy for your holiday in Crete. Enjoy it to the fullest. You deserve it. You will remain in my prayers. Much love and hugs to you!
 
You never have to leave this forum, dear @clodaghcov
We value your presence and contributions here. Your journey has endeared you to many.
You'd be sorely missed, so no more questioning overstaying your welcome.
I hope you've had a peaceful day so far and that you're comfortable.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
 
@clodaghcov Do.not.leave.

You are brave and inspirational, and I am in awe of your positivity in the face of the trauma and suffering you have and are going through.

We need you here!

I am really happy for you that you are going on holiday to Crete, and I hope you have a restful and awesome time there.

Mostly, I wish you a complete recovery, and I hope your medical team can make that possible.
 
I hope you're having a nice weekend @clodaghcov
Sending hugs and best wishes for a peaceful, relaxing week to come.
:loveshwr:
 
:wave:Hope you are hanging in there and feeling okay?
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.:friends:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom