Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* problem

Glad that your pain is managed and great idea on the back pack pillow! Crazy that they don't have the height of chairs needed for patients. By now the piriton has been given and the calamine lotion applied and the nasty cipro spots are losing the spotty side effects, but but the drug is getting the internal beasties sorted.

Keeping the wound vac in means they are making extra sure that things are cleaned up? Hoping the doctors are pleased with your progress so they can "spring you" soonest.

Continuing with healing prayers and positive thoughts.

I think an emoji for fresh cut flowers is needed! :flwrysmile: will have to suffice for today :)
 
@clodaghcov , you are going through so much, and you’re doing it with such incredible bravery. I wish an end to your pain and suffering and I hope they send you home real soon. I am thinking of you!

You are truly inspirational.
 
Hi, I hope you're having a good day today.
We are here for you @clodaghcov and will continue to be. I totally understand your frustration
with the plans constantly in flux. Never knowing what to expect from one day to the next. Counting on something only to have your hopes dashed. But I would trust that they know what they're doing and have your best interest in mind when making the decision to continue using the wound vac. I know how badly you want to be discharged.

My heart goes out to you in all of this. I'm happy to hear your pain is under control.
I hope the rest of your day is pleasant. I pray they release you soon to continue healing at home.
Big hugs!
 
@clodaghcov I'm glad the pain is under control. I too understand your frustration but we are with you all the way. You are not alone. Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way!
 
Well they will not let me home until ?Friday, I know they must have their reasons but they do keep changing and it's so upsetting. Review tomorrow, wound vac and stitches Thursday and also Bone infection meeting. The only half good thing is my CRP is down to 33 which is a start.

I'm going to start a new book, when I was in Warwick Hospital I was next to a lovely lady who was an author so ordered on Amazon and here goes The Returning Tide by Julia Sokota. I will let you know.

Ate a packet of crisps and a Twix for lunch, that tells you how I feel. Still tomorrow is another day. Hugs to you all, take care Mireillexxx
 
O M W, @clodaghcov that really sucks - I hope the time passes quickly with your new book. I would be eating a lot more crisps and chocs if I were you.

Hey think - all going to plan, your’e gonna be home for the weekend!
 
I'm sorry you continue to feel let down. But I know you understand they have their reasons and your best interest in mind. Great news on the CRP!

This is the Protein Patrol speaking, I hope you've had some protein today in addition to your Crisps and Twix. Please say, Yes....

I hope you enjoy your book and have a great rest of the day. Sending hugs your way.
@clodaghcov
 
@clodaghcov Goof news on the lower CRP. I know a longer stay in ther hospital is not ideal but at least it looks like they're trying to do what's best for your health instead of rushing into something that may not work. Take the time to rest, read your book and le Layla says, please try to get some protein in. Take care of yourself! Hugs!
 
I know you are tired of the hospital stay, but hang in there friend.
I hope this is the extra care that will put you home in good shape this weekend.
Hope everyone is being good to you...
 
I will believe it when it happens! But I am targeted for discharge tomorrow. They have removed stitches of 3 weeks but left the ones from the episode last week, wound vac out. Long talk so I know what to do if things go pearshaped!

Bone infection came to see me, no change in drugs at the moment and undecided if I will stay on antibiotics for life but the consensus is I will. That's fine by me. It gives me confidence the nurses will be coming every day for my IV just makes me feel happier and not quite so worried. Have been told how brave I am and how I help other patients by always smiling!! this also made me happy.

Well, roll on tomorrow, Im ready to go!!! Hugs and thank youxxxx
 
Best news I've heard all day...:yay:
 
Hi there,
Well, today is your big day. Maybe you're even home by now.
Hopefully so and resting comfortably. Three weeks is a long time in the hospital.
Thankfully it's behind you. Now onto the healing part.
Wishing you a peaceful first weekend back home.
@clodaghcov
 
Thinking of you today @clodaghcov
I hope you're settled in at home and comfortable.
Wishing you a peaceful relaxing week.
Update when you're able. We'll be here.
Hugs
 
Hope your home my friend.
I haven't been on forum too much...lots going on at food bank and then family stuff this weekend..
Thinking of you:angel:
 
I am happily home, resting and hopping, just toe touch to balance with my crutches. All the practice they gave me on the stairs has set me up beautifully which is a great help. The dogs are just wonderful we are all so happy to be together. I am trying not to think of what's to come, just step back and go with the flow!

I have had to sleep on my back for the last year so I am sleeping like a log! The ROC nurses who come every day for IV are a huge support and watching and checking me for signs to pick up problems early. I so want these infections to go and give me a break. I take all my supplements and proteins - what else can I do? The nurses know this last infection gave us all the warnings but because the hospital team didn't act quickly is really sad, but everybody knows exactly how I feel about this, if i say I feel ill, then I really am ill.

I just wish these spots and continual itch would settle. My back and chest and tummy are covered, not a rash but blistery spots like chicken pox. I have tried everything but nothing is helping. It even started me thinking about metal allergy, what do you think? I did ask the team re allergy to implant but was told no!

Anyway life goes on and I'm really lucky to have got this far. Thank you everyone for your support and care it really helps so much when you are in such a lonely frightening place. Hugs xxxxxxx
 
@clodaghcov , I am so happy you are home. I was becoming a bit concerned we had not heard from you.

You’re right to take things one day at a time. I wish you better snd I wish you strength. My word, you are so brave!

If you can please post a pic of your doggies.
 
Maybe your immune system just in overdrive , and all those needed but wretched antibiotics...:unsure: let's not think bad yet.
Happy you are home.:ok:
You have so much good mojo coming from so many directions, how can things not get better.:wink:
Hugs @clodaghcov :roseshwr:
 
Oh my stars, @clodaghcov, what a nightmare you have been living. I am so pleased you are home now where you can take in all the love you have there and relax in it all. Love your dogs, by the way. They sound like very pack worthy pups. And clearly they will keep watch over you. How they will encourage you too hold on, take it one step at a time and hang with their outlook on life. Enjoy the moment and your books.

I am sorry I lost track of you during my 2nd and 3rd revisions, 4 surgeries in 2.5 years. The interim between 2 and 3 was a scary bit with incision drainage and a fear of infection. So the surgeon went in with a washout to the bone and replaced the femur head and the liner of the cup. I have some metal at the cup to augment the area of a pelvis fracture so I was in the hospital until the all the samples came through as negative. I was lucky that time around and I too was sent home with orders to protein it up. I used whey powder to make my shakes. I used yogurt and seltzer and fruit and ice with the powder to make a high protein shake mid day. My husband makes a mean omelet so that with as much meat and/or beans and veggies as I could handle made a difference. . .for the first time I had ingrowth of bone with the cup. I have been very lucky.

I am so hoping your story will begin to turn towards healing and a clean recovery. Happy your pain is controlled. . .Your CRP numbers look good. All fine news. And you are home! That is excellent news. I am thinking deeply of you as you trek this journey with such grace and true bravery that sustains you. You will do this. You have to do this and you can. I hear that you can. If there ever was a place to give and receive inspiration, empathy and understanding it is here at Bone Smart. Too many like you and @Mireille and @Fractured and others have been in very bad places with their recoveries, all of whom, like you have done it after many tears of frustration with inspiring promise. My hat goes off to you and them.

Please continue to keep us informed. I certainly want to travel with you as best I can. I don't have a hat handy; I hope a flower will do. :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
@clodaghcov It's always great to hear (read?) from you. Your positivity is inspiring. I'm glad you're sleeping well and things are looking up for you. It will get better. You are a warrior. Keep it up my friend. Hugs!
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom