Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* problem

Prayers will continue for strength and healing. I'm so sorry you're on this journey.
Please know we're here for you to offer love through encouragement and support.
Stay strong and keep in touch. We care.
Big Hugs to you.
@clodaghcov
 
What an absolute mess. I hope you are getting a little sun to help Vit d and healing. Don’t forget that’s really important too.

Is your home set up for a wheelchair? Can you get out of the house in a wheelchair or mobility scooter? Perhaps you can rent something to help you get out and socialise and participate in society again. A scooter with a swivel seat so you don’t have to step in or straddle.

I can’t emphasis how important your mental health/socialisation is in getting through major medical complications.

I think of you often.
 
What an absolute mess. I hope you are getting a little sun to help Vit d and healing. Don’t forget that’s really important too.
I agree, when you are able. The healing power of fresh air and sunshine ...
Continuing prayers for you.
 
A big giant bear hug for the day is on its way across the pond.
We love you :loveshwr: sweet, @clodaghcov
We're here for you. I hope today brings you some joy.
 
Gidget, Mojo333 and Layla Thank you so much, yes Gidget I am so very aware of the mental ups and downs and over the years have managed to fight into positive mode to support my husband and family to try not to worry them too much. It's hard but I feel better today as the Dr has said this morning it was an enormous collection and very traumatic. My CRP has dropped to 50, so just hoping it doesn't collect again!

I have the brochures and web sites been looking at buggies and chairs, however much it upsets me, it is going to happen. I favour a buggy. I don't want to be pushed. i so want to get in the field and garden, that is really where my life is. It is something we can't hurry and I have talked to my husband and we will probably rent something to see how I go!

For so many years I have tried to live a normal life like others and now reality has caught up. We have been in our cottage for 37 years so everything is very familiar, during that time I have spent many months on crutches, the physios have been practicing stairs with me, just to keep my confidence. This will perhaps be the longest time, we shall just have to wait and see, in a way I would prefer to keep spacer but they don't have a very reliable time but I shall nurture it.

5 years ago i was working for drs having had my hip in for 17 years, in a whisper all this has happened,3 revisions 3 infections, but things will get better i will make them, yes there will be tears on the way, but i must stay strong. The dietician has been again and they are adding protein drinks bd, anything to help. Ella bless her has come with cashews, pumpkin seeds and all manor of high protein snacks so i have to do my bit!

I have ordered a couple of dresses from Toast and Emandm which i can just slip on and are nicely calf length, i am tall and do like long things, so trying them on over pjs has given us a smile. Its our 49 wedding anniversary on thursday , she chose some lovely cards for me for my husband, i must ask her to get him some maltezers!!

I am keeping on with paracetamol qds and tramadol the same they do help, and it is painful but, will improve. Thank you for reading and helping me, its those 7 four legged hounds that will do the best healing in the world. Hugs and lovexxxx
 
@clodaghcov You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that they are able to get this infection under control. I can't even imagine what you've been going through all this time but if anyone can get through this, it's you. Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way!
 
Oh my stars...I almost forgot about your babies.
Yes, they will be a great comfort.
I know you aren't looking it..but I'm envisioning you something around knowing that it is giving you a way to be mobile and careful.
How much we all want you well.
Glad they got so much of that mess out of there.
Sending all the best to you, friend!
 
:hi: Getting ready to start my day, and wanted to pop by to let you know I'm thinking of you.
It will be a hot day here and thunderstorms so picking up our donations for the food bank may be tricky.
I hope you have a peaceful day and know you have a pile of folks rooting for you!:roseshwr:
 
@Mojo333 What a wonderful job you do, is it mainly tinned food you get donated ?what a worthy cause and hard in hot stormy weather. I am peaceful and relaxed and just letting the day evolve, it is very hot again and still no rain. Hugsxxx
 
Actually we pick up from several grocery stores so we get produce and dry goods and some fresh meat. So it all has to get loaded and unloaded rather quickly.
We never know what will come our way.
The other day we got 36 cases of bananas:oyvey:
Very perishable obviously so I call other agencies like local boys home and senior citizen agencies as I hate to see it go to waste.
Very labor intensive but the theory is I can keep a bullpen of young strong volunteers to help with this.
Sometimes that works out...sometimes not! Hope today is a day I have lots of help.:beg:
I'm glad you are comfortable (as one can be) and I'll be back to check and see if you are behaving!:skep:
Have a restful day!
 
Happy to hear you're feeling peaceful and relaxed.
I hope it continues. Hate to think of you in distress.
You have experienced such a rough time and my heart goes out to you.
You remain brave and optimistic and continue to support others through all of your trials.
You're a dear, sweet woman @clodaghcov Prayers for your healing. :prayer:
I hope your day continues to be peaceful.
Big hugs :console2:
 
The consultant has been to examine my wound and remove the wound vac. They have inserted 2 stitches to pull the hole together from the collection escapade. I so hoped I would go home Sunday but wound vac back on, remove Monday hopefully Tues or Wednesday, three weeks is really enough.

Mireille I'm sure you are sore and sleepy but big gentle hugs to youxx
 
I'm so sorry this is dragging on, dear @clodaghcov
I know how homesick you are. I'm sure they're taking
your longsuffering and insufficient healing into consideration and want to get this right once and for all.
If this lengthy stay produces that result it will be worth it in the long run.
Prayers for your patience, comfort and perfect healing. :console2:
Stop by often, we'd love to offer you encouragement as you await your release.
Hugs to you.
.
 
Extra special prayers going up on your behalf.:beg:
My heart aches for you as I know you are weary of all the drama with this.:sad:
I agree with Layla that I would like them to be triple sure all that bad is out of there before they let that wound close back up - just to put you back in hospital in short order.
I can come by and amuse you with the cast of characters I deal with on a regular basis which I've decided could make a ridiculous reality show...I'd I thought it would make you smile or elicit some sympathy for my petty problems?!:doh:
Sending much love...:loveshwr:
 
You've been on my mind today...could you feel it?
Hope you are resting ...:)
 
@clodaghcov I am relatively new to the forum, to which I came looking for information, and have found so much more. Having read your thread, with the extended trials you have been and are going through, I see your amazing strength, tenacity and perseverance, in the face of so many twists and turns, trials and seemingly unending challenges (hard to find the words to describe what you are going through to be honest) being sorely tested, and still you continue to be a beacon of positivity. I am joining in the daily prayers for you (and your medical team) in wishing you comfort, healing and peace of mind as you get through this and back home to enjoying your family, furry companions, fields and flowers. I'm sure you are "over" being an inspiration to others, but that you are and continue to be. Sending positive thoughts, peace of mind and prayers to you from Western Canada, now and moving forward :flwrysmile::prayer:
 
@clodaghcov Keeping you in my prayers. I'm sure your ready to go home but at least they are taking care of you there and it's better that they don't send you home prematurely. The #1 priority is for you to get better. You are so right, I'm sleepy and sore. Get better my sweet friend.
 
:hi:How are things and how are they treating you @clodaghcov ?
Had the doctor been by to update you lately?
Hope things are improving so you can get out of there very soon.:praying:
 
Hi, it is nice to have internet access again, 2 days down is too much! I just wish they would decide which direction we are going. When I saw the team on Friday I was definitely told wound vac out today. Now having seen the ward Dr he said will prob be tomorrow but?? New PICC line hopefully today but they have now been saying that each day for 2 weeks!! I can't wait to go home but I also know only they will decide what is best for me, but I am ready.

My pain is well controlled with Tramado lqds and paracetamol qds. Of course there is discomfort and pain moving from sitting to stand or lying but all this is to be expected with a lump of cement in me! I feel ok with just a toe touch on my crutches, many times I have used them in the past and I'm going to follow Crisps advice and get some coloured ones to cheer myself up!!

I have just ordered from eBay a thin nylon rucksack as I have this idea to put a cushion in it and when I go anywhere to sit down I just sit on the whole thing to make up the level of height I need. It's extraordinary. Nowhere near the high chairs for problems like this. I do hope it works, I'm a bit paranoid about dislocation which I guess is to be expected. Now they have decided PICC can stay and they will take blood in other arm. I don't mind as long as it doesn't keep changing.

I am covered in the spots again so I think must be the cipro. Definitely the best is calamine and piriton!

So lovely to see Mireille on her next part of recovery and soon Fractured will be on his way, so happy for them, it makes me cry abit, its all the what ifs and what was!

Thank you for supporting and being there for me it is so so needed. Hugs to you allxxxx
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom