THR Post surgery hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I was very pleased when I saw my incision line :) when do you have your surgery lovely? I'm starting to make a log of steps taken each day. Have no idea what I am aiming for but I'm of the mind that as longing as I'm feeling ok I will increase it slowly. Yesterday I took 600 steps, this morning I'm up to 320, so even if I bet yesterday's total by 50 I will feel better.
Have a great day xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have to say I was very pleased when I saw my incision line :) when do you have your surgery lovely?

Date unknown at this point - I am living vicariously through all the amazing people who have had their surgeries [emoji1]

It is a great idea of keeping a progress log! You are doing exceptionally well!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's the way to go being here, I only I had found it before my op. Never mind I'm here now and it's so great just to be able to share how you're feeling xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Operation date: 10/6/16
 
We both need to just go with the flow and with our ups and downs......hear me self? Grin, Recovery really does seem to be a roller coaster doesn't it?! Glad to see you are making progress. Have a good week.


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
You too :)


Right THR
10th June 2016

Sent from my iPhone
 
Good morning everyone :)
Does anyone remember when they felt as though their leg on the operated side felt less heavy and like it belonged to you again? I can't wait for that to happen xx


Right THR
10th June 2016

Sent from my iPhone
 
If I remember correctly, it was sometime around three weeks. I felt like I had a beach towel rolled up inside my thigh. I remember thinking, "Darn, did they accidentally leave a surgical sponge inside my hip?" :heehee:
 
Hahahaha...thanks for that. It's good to know. A few days ago the fullness seemed to go but it's back today. At least as though I know it has the potential to be normal :) and just a week and two days to go hopefully then. Hope you are ok and are having a great day


Right THR
10th June 2016

Sent from my iPhone
 
Hi everyone...2 weeks post op for me today. My right knee on my operated side seems tighter and more swollen today. Should I be concerned? Many thanks for any advice xx


Right THR
10th June 2016

Sent from my iPhone
 
Feel a total failure today, can't even get in the shower :(


Right THR
10th June 2016

Sent from my iPhone
 
I would think that the swelling is normal at 2 weeks, I'll be 2 weeks on Monday and I have a lot of swelling, and I ice constantly. Don't ever feel like a failure, if you look around BS you will find that we may be feeling great for several days, then we have a bad day, but it will pass and the good days will be return...this is a slow, challenging journey.

I hope you feel better soon:flwrysmile:
 
@Happy girl BIG hugs!!! It is awful that your having a crapola day!!

Why can't you get in the shower? Is everything OK?

I reckon that you should find a nice candle and get a hot washer/flannel and wash you face, have you got some nice essential oils?

Is the swelling bothering you? Is the ice not working?

Share, cry and yell!! We are here for you!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Aw thanks for your kind words. I'm really struggling with confidence particularly stepping out of the shower. It's quite a step up into into but I manage it one way. It's no deeper than my stairs but because I'm relying on one crutch for support I just don't feel feel safe. I feel as though i should be stronger in myself and pull myself together. I know it doesn't work like that though :) although I do wonder if I'm being too cautious. I think it's because my consultant told me to only put around half full weight on it until 3-4 weeks.
Hope you are having a great day.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ps I'm still icing and that's ok. I think I just need to feel my leg again to get the confidence i need. It's just doesn't feel like my leg at the moment. Will be thrilled to get that feeling back again xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Does anyone else have trouble getting in and out of a high shower tray? Would be grateful of any tips form anyone please. Didn't get a response to my last post :(


Right THR
10th June 2016

Sent from my iPhone
 
Hi @Happy girl - I realised it would be a problem for me as ours is high too. Local mobility shop sells non- slip surfaced shower steps. Or you might try Amazon and go for a quick delivery. Although I'm 10 weeks out I have left it in place (although the shower stool is parked in the loft ready for Hip 2 later this year). Have you got a really decent shower mat? I found it gave me more confidence - got that on Amazon too.
Stick with it - that swelling will reduce, it's just your tissues settling down, keep up the icing and elevating and you'll get there.
 
I'm really struggling with confidence particularly stepping out of the shower.

While I can't help you with the stepping in and out of the shower (I am afraid of getting in and out of bed let alone having a shower), perhaps @Jaycey or @Josephine could provide some help or links that might help.

What I do want to say though is that you are doing SO awesome and that confidence will come back - as frustrating as that is at the moment. Have you asked your PT on how to get in and out?

Hang in there, be kind to yourself, you will find a way...I have confidence in you!

:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom