Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR possibly allergic reaction to knee replacement

Hello. On the 23rd of this month I will be 6 months post op. I was doing pretty good until a few weeks ago. I started getting this burning, raw type of pain started under my kneecap edge and started up my leg. Now it is beyond impossible to take. I have been barely able to walk and even my clothing touches my skin it hurts so bad. I did some reading and I think I have CRPS/RSD? Anyone have any experience, knowledge of this condition?

My incision is healed and xrays were taken last month and they were perfect. There is no explanation of this sudden turn of all this pain. I know I was really bad before my surgery, May 23 2016 but I can barely take this. I am going to see my family doctor on Wednesday. Thanks for listening

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
Hello everyone. I just got back from the doctors and I have permanent nerve damage . They are putting me on some pain medication that will help lessen it a bit

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
The diagnosis is neuralgla neuropathic pain syndrome and they are putting me on an anti seizure meds for right now and I already have the hardcore meds to take the that is the new med, sorry I don't remember the name of it till I pick it up. For pain I am on Tylenol codeine #4,oxy when it's really bad. I actually lose function of my leg , can't feel it and can't move it

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
I am so very, very sorry about this. I have to tell you that I have no experience with this, but Jamie and Josephine and others will be able to advise you and to help address your concerns.
 
Thank u for ur support. This pain is way beyond worse the the presurgery pain,after surgery but hopefully they will find something to help

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
I am so sorry to hear about this, what an awful thing to deal with. I hope the Meds bring relief and allow more function.
 
The diagnosis is neuralgla neuropathic pain syndrome
I think what you mean is Meralgia Paresthetica. which is quite a nasty condition to have. But I think your doctor has been a bit quick to come up with that diagnosis. Usually it needs a number of tests and stuff to identifyit.
they are putting me on an anti seizure meds
The drug you have been prescribed is most likely gabapentin or paragablin. These are anti-seizure meds but that means they can change the way the nerves in the brain interact with one another. This works by controlling the pan signals and thereby controlling the pain. They may also have prescribed you anti-depressants which does much the same thing.

MP is also a form of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS or RSD)
#CRPS
 
While my knee and leg did not get to the extreme you are describing, I did have what felt like a bad sunburn by my knee cap and halfway down the outside of my leg. I'm taking gabapentin and I just recently realized I no longer have that pain. I now have some tingling a numbness in that area. Hopefully you feel better once you are the medication for a few days.
 
My symptoms haven't gotten any better since I last posted. So it sounds like they are going to b doing a nerve/muscle test to see how badly everything is damaged and they are thinking it is RSD /CRSD.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
 
borymms4,
Sorry to hear you symptoms have not improved, glad to hear they are doing further testing. Josephine left you information about RSD/CRPS in post #250.
Keep us posted on your test results.
 
I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems. I hope they can find a way to help you.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom