TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

yes @Milosnanna ~ you're doing fine although you don't have to click on "quote this message". just start typing in the box below. how are you doing today?:hi: p.s. if you want to reply to someone in particular on the thread, just type @beside their name and you will see their name come up below; then click on that. for example: @Milosnanna .
 
Hi @Milosnanna! How are you feeling today? If you'd like to respond directly to a particular person, just do what @liam2015 instructed; much easier and less confusing all around.:SUNsmile:

Are you still sleeping in roughly 2 hour increments? It seems we all go through that but it does improve and that's something to hang onto! Nap in the daytime, wherever and whenever you can to make up for the broken nights. :friends:
 
Good morning Smarties! Well, it's pretty good here, meaning I didn't rock my way into an ice-pack last night and I got a really, solid, blissful, 8.5 hours of zzzz"s, even after having had a big nap yesterday! Guess I was tired, eh? I'm feeling rather jazzed this morning; woohoo! Dare I say....energetic? Sure, why not!
 
I'm jealous Pheebs! I have a wedding reception to attend tonight in a city an hour from here and am trying to cook up enough energy to be sparkly! Could you shovel over some of that excess across the border?
 
@Pheebs52 and re your rocking chair. That's funny in a way. Never thought to mention it but at week 4 already, my PT suggested I sit on my rocking chair for 10 to 15 minutes every day ( it is at the right height as opposed to low sofa) and ever so gently rock back and forth.: first sitting on the edge ( so that I could get up without pain if I needed to) and then gradually more deep in the seat. I read on a swiss website that this is a recommended "exercise" for TKR patients.
 
lol @kmak81230 ~ guess what's on the t.v. here? golf ugh! :groan:i'd be out on my deck if everything wasn't soaking wet except for the wooden stairs under the roof. i'm the only one in the family that doesn't golf; i have to tune out when all the dinner talk is about golf...lol! it's funny what @VW54's p.t. said about rocking in the chair. i noticed that the other day when i was sitting in one of the patio chairs that rocks and rotates that it would be a good exercise for gently flexing my knee back and forth.:chinstroke:
 
I'm not much of a golfer - too pricey - but I do like to hit golf balls and don't mind watching it - probably because I usually end up falling asleep:zzz: Maybe rocking will give us a little stretch - it was one of the things that was quite painful for me prior to surgery.
 
When my mother, an Alzheimer's patient, came to live with us, the only thing she'd watch on TV was.....Golf! Ironically, she'd never hit a golf ball in her life, lol. For her, it was a tranquilizer.:SUNsmile:

Wow, lots of rockers here today; cool! Other than rocking, I've not done much; hah! Miss Pheebs is a bit under the weather today and it's also her 13th birthday, poor little tyke.:doggie: I hope she perks up a bit later, which is often the case.

@Canada35, I'll Fedex some *sparkle* up to you immediately, though I can't say I would muster much enthusiasm for a wedding reception an hour away either....*:groan:Or, even a wedding reception down the street, lol. Just not my cup of tea.
 
lol @kmak81230 and @Pheebs52 ~ not only is golf on t.v. but since i got my new car and a free month of sirius radio, he listened to golf on the radio for part of our 2-1/4 hour car ride yesterday. like you, Kathleen, hubby usually just goes out and hits balls as not enough time for a round. i hope miss pheebs will be feeling better ~ wow, 13 years old ~ a good dog's life! Pheebs, that's funny about your mother watching golf ~ maybe it's the same for hubby, a tranquilizer; he often nods off and i'm left watching it by myself lol. i'm going to try more of that rocking when the weather dries up; if it works for someone, then it might just work for me.:idea:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OMG - golf on the radio would surely be a snoozer @liam2015. You truly are a golf widow. I was just getting all of my accoutrements ready for a stint on the patio - and, of course, it started sprinkling . . . have had a cranky knee today and trying to motivate myself for a walk to the frozen yogurt store - it's about a mile and half round trip . . but my eyelids are drooping to the sound of the golf coverage. :bored:
 
Golf on the radio would be like watching beige paint dry on a wall!! No offense, but omg! However, now that I've joined the ranks of fake knee folks, maybe I'll start taking lessons in golf.
 
@Pheebs52 , I have rocked my way to recovery for all of my surgeries, and I find it therapeutically calming. I would have replied sooner, but the golf talk knocked me right out!:zzz: I think that spooning my eye out would be less painful! Of course, then there is the dilemma of what to do with eye once it's out......put it in water?? Put in a bag with ice??? Refrigerate??? Oh dear, my brain is hurting contemplating the possibilities!:oyvey:
 
Rocking, one of my favorites. Back in my earlier thread with the first knee I all of a sudden started to bend when I had been just a tad slow going. People asked what I thought was the difference and I said rocking. I rocked in my wicker rocker on the porch as well as swing on the porch swing. I would swing or rock till I felt some discomfort and stop. I'm certain both those things helped me a lot. With Beatrice I didn't have enough of a bend to sit comfortably and when I finally got to 90 no amount of rocking budged her past. Like they say...no two knees....
 
Oh, poor doggie. I sure hope she gets better. I'm glad the knee is coming along!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom