TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

OMG - that is a great story @Polkadot. I have a check up tomorrow afternoon and I've been trying to decide 1) couch and lounge doctor at lunch to rest or 2) 10 minutes of pedaling right before or 3) some combo of the two. I only live about 4 blocks from the clinic but invariably have a long waiting room wait. So whatever I choose at home I will still need to walk laps in the waiting room. And of course I am achy and a bit swollen tonight.
 
Oh @Polkadot, you just gave me the best laugh of the day, and it's early, lol! What a great (and paranoid, in the best possible sense) recovery story! Seriously, you win this contest hands down; hah!:heehee:
 
@kmak81230, decisions, decisions; aarggh! I vote for rest and elevation prior, then walking around the waiting room and leg swinging in the exam room. I'd be worried the cycling might add to stiffness unless it could be done immediately before, ie, "Polkadot "style! But then, what do I know; hah!
 
Oh, and don't forget to bring your tasty...er...*bribe*! :snork:
 
Good news/Bad news: You are all now aware of my stunning stair victory yesterday, and for me, it was just that, a real miracle. Unfortunately, it came back to bite me ALL NIGHT LONG! Yep, DH said I was moaning and groaning the entire night. Thankfully, I slept through my own racket, but still, it's clear that 13 steps down in that fashion was just too much too soon. It's that boring old lesson of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." Yeah. Today, there will be no stairs down in this fashion, but there will be lots of ice and elevation!

<---leg raised like a Rockette!
 
Yup - been there, done that . . . sorry for the setback but glad that you know you can do it if you want to (or have to). In fact I think I have figured out that my achiness last night was due to going down three flights of stairs yesterday at work - feeling good, so didn't give it any thought. All elevators today for me!
 
I'm so sorry your thrilling victory came back to bite you in the butt. :sad: Gotta hate it when that happens. It's not anywhere close to fair. If we can do something, we should be able to do it without pain! But of course it doesn't work that way.

I know my knees jog, because I did to escape a dog, but.... I know I shouldn't jog.
I know my knees can dance... but I don't dance just yet.
I know my knees can kick things... but I think that would be asking for trouble.

So many things we can do, but our bodies remind us to be prudent. I guess you need to wait a bit longer before you can traipse up and down the stairs with impunity. Patience, grasshopper.
 
Kmak81230, 3 flights of stairs? Yikes!!!

VW54, what are they serving at the ODIC today? I'd like something gooey, fattening and sinful, lol.

Susie, traipsing with impunity just made me choke, lol. Oh, to be traipsing anywhere, any style would be a very fine thing, wouldn't it?

Thakfully, it's not exactly pain I'm feeling today, but definitely some swelling. A very small, painful area at the top of the tibia, which is a *new* spot for me. Ever the moving target, eh?
 
Well, I need to lower the leg and do some walking my friends! Not too much though, just the elsuive *right* amount! BBL.
 
Pheebs, I just noticed another achievement - you have become a SUPREMO, not the humble post-grad BS poster anymore !! You have more than 2000 posts !
Not THAT is awesome!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom