Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Good afternoon Smarties! Not much new to report here but thought I'd show off my newest T-Shirt, with a wave of thanks and appreciation to @Thesoutherncook, Helen!
[Bonesmart.org] Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22
 
Yesterday, I had my first PT visit in two weeks, post-trip up Nawth. They were pleased with my ability to sit up front in the car for 4 hours with zero problems other than a bit of stiffness as always. They were even more pleased with my gait, especially as the improvements have substantially helped my back and hip pain. Apparently, I am no longer *dropping* my hip when walking or doing stairs; yay! So, it seems the stronger, shiny new knee is reaping benefits well beyond it's stiff, isolated self. It IS much stronger than it's prior incarnation and I think I can now say, it's the "lead" knee. The other has been all too vocal of late....:yikes:
 
I hope your right knee settles down and stopped protesting its lot in life. Life will be so much more pleasant if it can learn to love being second banana.
 
Great photo - and great T!!! And it does go well with the cute hat (and lipstick)!:thumb: Great PT report, particularly with gait and improvement in the "hip drop." :yahoo:It is interesting how now that new knee/leg are getting stronger, old knee wants some attention. My right knee was balking this morning while doing some of my functional movements. I had to have a little talk with it as new knee and I are not ready for #2 yet.
 
It's not too bad today @SusieShoes, but it's really been having it's moments in the last few weeks. I think I'm going to request a new X-Ray when I see the OS again in December. I really don't want to rush into a second TKR, and would much prefer to put it off until we've relocated, but...you know how it is. The knees have their own agenda and I kneed to know if it's degenerated further. I really don't want to risk a torn meniscus again, *gasp*!:yikes:
 
@kmak81230, I hear you loud and clear with respect to #2! At the very least, I kneed to wait until Mistah is officially retired in January. I don't think he could take another long bout of nursing again right now! Like you, we also would like to have at least some portion of a summer in 2018. I can't believe how much I missed enjoying the typical, summery things to do, ya know?

I think my #2 had basically repressed all it's crankiness to see me through the worst of Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine. She really did a great job with nary a whimper. However, now, since NSSML is progressing slowly toward normalcy and gaining in strength, #2 feels free to whine; pffft! The creepy crepitus is making me a bit bonkers and sometimes it feels like it's on the verge of getting stuck or something snapping.....scary.
 
I do know about missing almost the whole, entire summer (that is already not nearly long enough) . . . . it feels like just in the last 6 weeks or so I've been ready to get out and enjoy the outdoors and we've already had a taste of winter with our little snowstorm on Monday. I expect you will really want to have some summertime to explore your new digs and new surroundings. I hope your meniscus and accompanying crepitus will hold out until you are ready. To accommodate my work schedule and rhythms I'm thinking about either the end of next July or next November. Would be great if I could wait until November.

My PT calls it the single gate theory of pain -- not feeling our #2 knee when we were so focused on #1 and the assorted aches and pains that came along with it - we can only attend to one pain at a time. Perhaps a combo of that along with now doing more. I used to avoid stairs as much as possible and now I try to do at least 100/day which #2 does not like. While #2 was not nearly painful as #1 for me going into this, the OS said it looks much worse on the x-rays and I've already had one small procedure to remove a pea-sized piece of cartilage that was wandering around and getting stuck in various places.
 
i love that t-shirt pheebs; that @Thesoutherncook is multi-talented. great you were able to sit up front with hubby for that 4 hour each way house hunting trip. yes i know what you mean about the previously called "good knee"; when in doubt, i now choose to use my new knee as the lead going up or down the stairs when i'm tired and not wanting to use alternate feet. i'm very happy for you with all the progress you have made.
 
@the southerncook, Helen, lol at being labeled a *fashionista*! But...now that you mention it, I am wearing black leggings with pink fireworks on them; hah! That was totally inadvertent though- luck of the *drawer* intentionally misspelled.:SUNsmile: Most of the time, if I'm just hanging around the house, I look like a serf, lol.

Thanks @ Liam2015 for all the support you continue to give as we plod our way through! I can't do as many stairs as you and definitely not hands-free, so you're much ahead of me there! I hadn't tried to use NSSML in the gimpy style going upstairs (usually push foot-over-foot) until last night, but she really came in handy; hah! Righty just didn't want to play *stairs* last night. She seems happier today....:fingersx:
 
Well, heck. @Thesoutherncook got to say fashionista first. It was my first thought when I saw that great picture of you, Pheebs. If I ever get to the point where I think I have earned a TKR Tough shirt, I will check with her about getting one. I'm glad for your good PT report. Hope righty behaves better on those stairs tonight. It was so good to see your smiling face when I opened your page tonight.
 
@phrog, you've most assuredly earned the T-Shirt! Go for it! By the way, it's a really nice, soft cotton fabric.:-)

Pssst: Don't tell anyone, but, last night was a Red-Letter evening here. For the first time since TKR, "No Ice Kneeded!" *Crossing all digits* for a new trend!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom