Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

@Celle, I completely understand what you're saying about property maintenance. Even now, we hire people for yard work because this is a challenging yard on a steep hill. The house we liked did have a handicapped entrance on one side and the vast majority of the property was left in a natural state, mostly trees. There is perhaps just 1/4 acre that would need mowing, but thankfully, it's flat and the house comes with a riding mower. The plantings were all shrubs, no actual gardens per se. I'm trying to picture living there 10-15 years from now.....but the picture is fuzzy.

@Polkadot, I think Mistah's only real concern about the townhome is the fee(s), and Miss Pheebs' propensity toward barking at everything. She's much quieter now at age 13 than she was in prior years, but still, when she opens her mouth, it's really loud. The community is pet-friendly, but he wonders exactly how pet-friendly. For instance, one place we had considered claimed to be pet-friendly, but if a complaint about barking was registered, there are fines. Three fines, and either you or your dog must go. We don't have the particulars on this place yet, other than the vague "pet-friendly."

I agree with your husband about the fee situation, but this place seems to have higher fees than most in the area. But, it also offers more amenities...some we'd enjoy, some we'd never use. Taxes and fees combined are $$680.00 per month.
 
Welcome back! Glad to hear that miss bionic knee held up swell (oh yea, I'm sure some of that too). I too like @Celle idea for the ice bag. I knew we would have a freezer, so I had packed an ice pack in my checked luggage.
 
Good morning Smarties! For reasons unknown (are there any other kind?) I can hear the ancient Perry Como tune, "Zing-Zing, Zoom-Zoom," playing inside my knee right now. Yep, it's the attack of the zingers, and I haven't even done anything as yet. Perhaps I should? In comparison to earlier episodes, this one is low-level, basically just a nuisance and a bit uncomfortable. Still, who kneeds it, eh?

Upon awaking this morning in our firmer bed, I also experienced the weird, uncomfortable, medial aspect/throb that feels something like my circulation being cut-off in the adductors. Needless to say, I'll go back to the softer bed tonight. Mistah's outrageous snoring kept me out of there last night so we'll just hafta swap tonight. Does anyone else ever experience this morning malady? It resolves when I get up and walk a bit, but it does wake me, and I find it either a) annoying or b) worrisome., depending on my mood and the phase of the moon.

Happily, I do have some brilliant good news to go along with these complaints, as follows:

1) The scar above and below my knee have become white! This event just snuck up on me, so I'm not sure when this occurred. Perhaps the crisp country air over the weekend had this miraculous effect? Who knows, but I'll take it!

2) I have been able to successfully lower the bike seat one notch! Yep, with no issues at all since we returned home; whoohoo!

3) Nemo's ear is finally improving! Phew! What a nightmare this has been and we are just jumping for joy, as is he. Well, let me amend that, he's smiling much more without jumping, and tilting his head when he hears choice phrases, hears being the key word!

4) I had a lovely evening with @phrog in Camp Kneerah last night, under the massive ice-blanket while sipping some lovely Zinfandel. The rest of the Super-Swelling Stiffs should have joined in, but I suppose you were all busy with your *real-life* stuff. Understandable, though you were all missed.
 
Ah, me Pheebs, maybe we had too much wine last night and that led to the zingers. I did myself roll about the bed some, with leaden leg and throbbing quads. Get thee to a softer bed tonight for sure. It is momentous when the incision turns white - my OS's PA told me that the red means there is still some healing going on underneath. True or not, it's a good sign that your recovery is moving along. Hooray for Nemo's hearing. My dearly departed Bandito had floppy ears and he might have had the West Coast crown for most ear infections in a 15 pound mixed breed. They do enrich our lives.
 
When we moved from Ohio to Delaware 2 years ago we ended up in a 55+ community. We were not looking for that set up but it happened to be where the house we liked best was.

We debated back and forth before deciding between rules (negative) and perks (positive) of the community as compared to buying a house in a regular neighborhood where we could do whatever we wanted. In the end the house itself was the deciding factor.

One of the perks our fee covers is lawn maintenance. The first time they came to cut the grass after we moved in my husband went out onto the front porch and applauded, as he has never liked cutting the grass.
 
I think zingers are a great thing if you still have a numb area. I welcome them all, if I get any, to the lateral, lower side of my knee. Yeah!!! For the notch decrease on the bike. All that walking was good for you.
 
wow, that's great lowering the notch on your bike since getting home from your trip. sorry about the zingers and throbbing last night ~ hope you have a better night tonight. glad nemo is feeling better; our old setter had chronic ear problems but liam hasn't thank goodness; just started him on raw. i would have loved to have had one of those large "ice blankets" like you and susie have, but funny enough now, i don't feel like i need the ice packs anymore, although i still love my lounge doctor. the only time i have pain is from standing after sitting too long. have a great weekend weighing the pros and cons of those gorgeous properties. it's our :chuckmarch:thanksgiving weekend and pack walk tomorrow.:doggie:
 
Kneerah for the great report! Bike seat lowering, ear mending, wine drinking, scar whitening, and nerves zinging -- all good signs on the slow train to recovery. Oops, I forgot - you're on the fast track! So sorry to miss the party - I do like a good Zinfandel. I noticed this morning that I was not as stiff getting out of bed. I hope that doesn't mean I'm booted from the Slow-Bending (and Straightening) Super-Swelling Stiffs club. Have a great Thanksgiving and pack walk @liam2015.
 
@Pheebs52, that's great news about Nemo's ear! Probably in sympathy, I woke up with a clogged ear this morning, plus a throbbing knee. No zingers, though. They seem to come to me at the most embarrassing times, like when we are sitting in my sister-in-law's living room. Suddenly my leg will give the most awful jerk, almost like someone is using one of those joke buzzers on me.

My scar is still very red, so I'm a bit jealous. I stopped wearing shorts and short dresses a while ago, so it's a moot point, but I would like to get to a nice, white scar at some point.

Congrats on lowering your bike seat! Way to go!
 
Hah, thanks for all he great responses and the positive spin on my zing-zing morning! I have some difficulty in thinking of them as a positive, but if all of you say so, than it must be true.:-) The zingers got off the bus about an hour after I posted and I did decide to just get off my duff and get busy with some real-life stuff. That entailed a gazillion trips up and down the stairs, a short, neighborhood, dog walk (lots of hills) the endless laundry, several phone calls, a longer spin on the shorter bike and of course, house searching online. I believe I pestered Mistah in between, just to prep him for retirement, lol.

Nemo really appreciates all of the good ear-juju, but wishes @Polkadot didn't pick up his problem; pffft! He also wishes he had known @phrogs' Bandito and could meet Prince Liam!:sad:

Just for the record, the entire scar is not white yet, in fact the patella is often almost purple, so the withe is only above and below the kneecap. It did give me a bit of a cheap thrill though, lol! :yahoo:

@kmak81230, you will never, ever be booted from the Slow-Bending and Straightening Super Stiff Swellers club. I mean, how could you be, you inspired it, lol. :tada:

@Liam, Happy Thanksgiving and Pack Weekend! What a great way to spend the holiday!:dogsniff::dogwalk:

@jaschembra , I sure do still have a numb spot, lateral upper side of knee, and it's pretty big; pffft! And no, I am not used to it as yet.....maybe someday? :shrug:
 
I don't have any problem with my numb spot on my knee, numb means there's no pain in that spot, so fine with me!

And I spent tons of time on realtor.com when we were looking to move! I often pass a house that I saw online now and every time I go by it I think, I know what you look like inside! It sold before we were ready to actually walk through any, so I've never been in it. But it's like I know a secret!
 
Really @Jockette? It doesn't bother you at all? My numb spot feels....:what:....annoying. I can't help but feel it interferes with my flexion. I'm probably wrong about that, but it seems like some sort of impingement. Oh, and I can feel zingers in it; aarrggh! Plus it feels very strange when shaving. Did I say I dislike it? No? I do, lol.

LOL at knowing the house secret! Isn't it great to live in an age where we have a tool like realtor.com?
 
I was very homesick when I moved from NJ to OH, so sometimes I would go on realtor.com to our old town and just "drive around town!"

My numb spot does feel weird when I shave, but not enough to bother me. That Pinocchio feeling in the knee that @Polkadot mentioned, now that really bothers me, it's a nasty feeling!
 
My scar is like a dotted red line -- white, with red dashes. . .i don't really notice the gigantic numb spot anymore except when shaving. The Pinocchio feeling is annoying though.
 
While I'm sorry we have that Pinocchio feeling I'm glad I'm not alone. It made me think something was wrong.
 
Wait....I must've missed sumthin'.....what is a Pinocchio feeling? Is my knee lying to me? If so, maybe it really feels fab?
 
@Jockette, you're hilarious! Now I'm going to virtually drive around my brother's neighborhood 'cuz I miss him, lol.
 
This is how @Jockette described it in her thread: In these times of swelling/low level pain it feels like my leg bones are wood with a rusty hinge at the knee and the wood pieces scrape together when I walk. Ugh!!!! Such a nasty feeling! I don't have that feeling much anymore, but have certainly had it and occasionally get it if I overdo something (which I have been trying not to do). Glad to hear that your knee feels phab!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom