TKR Pheebs52 Recovery Discovery Journey May 22

Far out! Groovy! (Had to say that to go with the hoops and Berks). :flwrysmile:So glad to hear @Pheebs52 and @kmak81230 are in the almost normal knee stage. Up next: Knee amnesia and whatever activity they want on the agenda.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You guys crack me up! Now that's a saying that goes well with Birks, wild socks, large hoop earrings and Joni Mitchell, lol!

Yep, Phase 111 just took me up and down the thirteen steps in an *almost* fluid fashion; yikes!

Almost normla knee rules, probably for the next 6 months while simultaneously and covertly undergoing "Kneesia." I know that will just sneak in like little cat feet in the night, hahahaha! When I had my hip done, I recall waking up one day and suddenly realizing I just hadn't given it a single thought for close to a month. It was shocking after having been so hipcentric, but...that's how it happened. :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's great to know that there really is life after joint replacement! So glad your hip became "one" with you. Re the ANK, I'm not quite there yet. I laid off the exercises, including the maintenance program, after realizing that it was keeping me in pain. That helped me sleep better (yay!), but now I notice that my leg isn't as strong as it was before. Going upstairs, I now have to use the railing to help me "pull up," for example. So no almost normal knee for now. I think it will come with more strengthening exercises--sigh! Again, congrats, my twin, on achieving the almost normal knee status!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No ice even for one night is a good start, Pheebs. We keep plugging along and eventually we get where we are going.

We have been in this one story house for over 20 years. I originally wanted no stairs to bedrooms because the kiddos were little and I had another one after we moved here. Now it's me worrying about navigating stairs, not worrying about babies taking a tumble.
 
Greetings Smarties! I guess I've been AWOL this past week for a wide variety of real-life reasons, none especially fun, but necessary, like signing up for Medicare. What a mind numbing exercise that was; ugh! At some point last week, we decided to hire a Buyer's Agent to help ease the real estate transaction process and also decided we're going to put an offer in on the condo. Exciting, but a bit anxiety provoking as well. Oh, and the legal documents were enough to make me blind; just dreadful. Added to the mix was a bout of vertigo for Mistah....talk about bad timing! Finally, today, he feels back to normal; phew! I think my knee has been stressed by all of these issues, not for physical reasons but because it's all been so anxiety inducing. Everything in the leg has been tight and achy, so perhaps now that things have calmed down a bit, it will loosen up and get back to almost normal knee status, eh? I certainly hope so!
 
Hey, Pheebs! I am sorry it has been such a stressful week for you. I think hiring a buyers agent was a great idea. It will take a lot of the stress off of you. Poor Mista! Vertigo is the worst. It was horrible when it happened to me last summer, stole a week of my life. I'm glad he is better. I agree that stress really affects how we feel, including the knee.
 
Hey @sandi4213! Thankfully, Mistah’s vertigo didn’t last quite a week but no question there were several lost days. He’s had it twice before and we were lucky to have The prescription meds in the house.

I really haven’t done anything to aggravate the knee so will just assume it is either stress related with possibly a dash of unstable weather thrown into the mix. In other words, who knows?

My landscaper was here today and we compared scars and war stories, lol. He is 10 months post op and doing very well, but.... he did say he still gets some swelling and it still can be painful, especially behind the knee. Given the work he does I’m not really surprised, but it wasn’t exactly what I wanted to hear, lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry to hear about all the stressors (and loved the conversation about Birkenstocks, etc.). It's wonderful, though, that most of the time your knee is feeling closer to normal. Fluid stair climbing, yahoo!
 
I agree, not what you want to hear. I want to hear that all of the swelling and pain just go away :yes!:
 
hey Pheebs52...sorry for your stressful week and poor Mistah having vertigo ~ awful scary feeling. wise move hiring a buyer's agent ~ moving and contemplating moving are serious stressors, so this will ease your worries quite a bit. ohhhh, the condo ~ wow...it sounds amazing and you and hubby will have so much more time to yourselves and with the pups. i hope things can settle down for a few days so you can rest your new knee and get back on track. wishing you all the best that your offer is accepted.:flwrysmile:
 
My husband signed up for Medicare in the last year and yes it was stressful !! We sold and bought a house about 2 years ago and it was major stressful!

I do think those kinds of upsetting stress does effect our knees!

I’m glad your husband is feeling better, I hope you both can relax for s bit!
 
@sandi4213, I agree about my landscaper's tale of still swelling at 10 months not being exactly what we want to hear, but....and this is a big but, look what he does for a living! He's on his feet 8-10 hours a day, often on hilly terrain, so in that context, not really surprising, right? And, according to him, it's now much better than it was. That is easy to believe, eh?

Thanks @Liam for all the well wishes! The *pups* (really, geriatrics) will enjoy all the walking trails throughout the property as will we. The place is situated in such a way that one can walk to the very little downtown through the woods on these trails; post-office, bank, General Store and coffee shop. Crossing all digits for this transaction to materialize! In the winter, people x-country ski these trails.:SUNsmile:

@Jockette, thanks for that validation on the stressors! They are BIG, but I keep telling myself I am bigger, lol. I'm so relieved the Medicare piece is now a done deal; phew! Interestingly, the knee does feel better this morning and I am less stressed than I've been.:yes!:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom