TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay ahead of that pain, Katie! You're a better woman than I!
 
So glad to hear you are out of surgery and resting as comfortably as possibly. Hopefully you'll get the pain under control and have a good weekend. Thinking of you!!
 
Katie,

I'm so happy that phase I is over, and hopefully you'll get lots of rest and pampering this weekend. You're a trooper!
 
Glad you are on the other side of stage one and getting good pain meds. Hoping for lots of rest over the weekend.
 
Good morning! Just a quick note to say I am thinking about you. I am sure you can't wait to be back home with your lovely husband and puppy dog. They are glad you are taking care of yourself.
 
Hi @Pescara. Sorry I've been AWOL (computer issues) and just learned of your struggles the last few weeks.
Sending you healing wishes. :flwrysmile:
 
Katie,

I hope you've had a day of rest with sufficient pain meds to keep you from deeply suffering. You're so courageous, and may your healing take place off a roller coaster ride (meaning less like the TKR recovery).
 
Yesterday was awful. The OS came in and changed my pain meds. The good news is that my feet don't hurt but every bone in my body hurts. I am such a big baby! Tomorrow's surgery is @2 pm. My GP came in and changed my meds again. I can't wait for hubby to get here. I miss him so much. Pain is down to a 10 . I'm sorry I got this done. All I do is cry . I can use the walker to use the bathroom but can't get out of bed alone due to pain. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Sorry to sound like a whiner. Hopefully tomorrow will be better xxx
 
Pain is down to a 10?!?! Yikes! They can't get the right combo of meds to help you? Hugs... hope you feel better soon!

Julie
 
@Pescara you've come to the right place to whine!! Go right ahead, we have the biggest shoulders in the world ready and waiting for you! I've had back issues due to arthritis and a tilted pelvis. I remember the day my back went out and I crawled down the stairs, threw up, and laid on the floor on my back unable to move. If I moved my arm or any part of my body it hurt like h...! So, I can imagine how you must feel. Mine was just muscle and ligaments moving. You just had surgery! I hope and pray they get your meds straightened out!
 
Tough times for you. Hope this is the worst of it. Better days ahead. Hang in there, and keep making them try new pain meds. Hugs.:console2:
 
Just got medication so I have to make this short. So far I have 7 inches of 3 incisions and in lot of pain. Each one is 21 inches long with staples. I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I am in a lot of pain and can't walk without help to the bathroom
 
Sending you gentle, healing air hugs. Here's hoping that they get the pain under control for you today and keep it well modulated tomorrow. Will they give you a catheter tomorrow or do they still want you up and moving about after the second surgery?
 
I hope that they can soon find a medication regime to keep your pain under control, @Pescara . Do you have someone who can advocate for you if the current pain meds aren't working? It sounds as if the meds still need some adjusting.
Best wishes for the next stage of your surgery.
 
Hoping the Drs are able to get your pain under controL.
 
The OS came in and changed my meds again! I am supposed have a pain patch and meds every 4 hours. So far the first pain pills never arrived without . Now I hope he can b
Awake for surgery. I almost cancelled because of the pain. A nurse said it take a week for discharge. I just want to go home and sit in my recliner and see my dog:doggie:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom