TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh @Pescara I am so happy you are home and safe! Not so happy your pain levels are so high. Hopefully they will be able to get that under control. Thank goodness someone is with you 24/7, sounds like that is absolutely necessary. Know that we are all thinking of you and sending you huge hugs.
 
@Pescara, I was wondering how you are doing! So are you ready for the next phase? I am sure you are, and sending good vibes your way! As soon as you are able, give us an update, and let that nurse know it's slow going on the ortho floor!! :angel:
 
Full time nurse is a really good idea. Hope to be hearing better news soon.
 
Katie,

I'm happy you are home, but worried about your pain levels and passing out. Are the pain meds not working, or do you have to wait too many hours in between before being able to take the next dose? I can't imagine how you're able to get around at all, after having 13 hours of surgery on your back in the last week. Do you have a walker left over from the TKR? Would it help your balance to use the walker to go to the bathroom? Soft hugs and prayers to you. I'm glad you have a nurse to assist you!
 
Very glad you are home now and has a nurse looking after you full time. Hope the knee only suffer bruise and no more damage, you are in my thoughts and my prayer for you. Hope the happy pills help you rest and sleep.
 
The fall was at the hospital on the ortho floor. I had my light on for 30 minutes with no answer so I grabbed my walker and halfway down I went. All new faces and doctors. I am bruised every where but partly is my own fault. At least my knee doesn't hurt much. The meds are hard but right now I need them. I am going to try less next week a couple of days at a time. I am on 10mg morphine every 2 hours but I sure do sleep well lol:dubious:
 
Listen up @Pescara you've been hurting for so long, your body needs to heal and if taking those pain meds helps you to sleep and be pain free, then so be it. I've been chastised lately for not having patience at my disposal. You, my poor girl, have gone to hell and back. It's going to be even more difficult allowing yourself to heal because you're going to want it to happen quick. Let Madison kiss those bruises and your hubby love you to death, but you need to rest. Sleep my girl, sleep and heal!!
 
@Pescara, when I wrote my last post I didn't know you had come home, which is great for you. Take it easy, and patience, my dear, just let yourself heal! You have been through so much in these past months, I can't even imagine! And you have so many on this forum just sending you prayers and hope, including myself!!
 
After a 12 hour sleep my knee is looking a lot better and feels good. We met my nurse yesterday and got along very well. She is a 30 year retired RN and worth every penny. We even like the same food and TV shows. Hubby won't have to worry while he is at work. Even Madison likes Kathy and I was worried about it. :doggie:
 
So glad to see you! Good news on the nurse. That must be a relief to you and your husband as well as your friends here :yes:.

Have a restful day:flwrysmile:
 
Katie, so glad your nurse got Madison's tail wag of approval. I'm glad you go 12 hours of sleep. I agree with @momweb. After all it's been through, your body needs rest and enough pain meds so it's comfy and able to heal.
 
@Pescara I'm glad you had a good sleep. Things always look better if you can sleep and get the rest you need.
I'm glad you and the nurse get on well. That will be reassuring for both you and your husband.
 
Good news on the nurse. That will make a big difference. Looking forward to more positive updates!!
 
Slept pretty good on and off last night. My knee is more stiff and sore than pain. It feels pretty good not to be in major pain like I was after surgery. Gee...I guess it's true" patience is a virtue". Once the rest of me is healed watch out world!!!:doggie:
 
@Widget1 sorry I have not been in touch lately. How are you feeling and how is your knee. I am trying to catch up with friends today. Looks like it is going to rain. My knee feels good. Guess it's all the rest is helping. I just have 1 little swollen spot I have been putting ice on but nothing to worry about. Xx:dogwalk:
 
@Pescara What wonderful news that you are getting much needed rest, and that you're able to control the pain as much as possible. I'm so sorry that you fell in the hospital. How long did it take for someone to come and assist you after you fell? What is the recovery time for the extensive surgery you had on your back? Hugs to you for being so strong through all of this 2015 year of Katie's ortho ordeals!

I'm still having problems with my knee - especially sharp stabbing pain inside and when it happens (it's random, maybe 10 times a day) I'm unable to stand or walk or sit and must lie down for a few minutes. Tomorrow morning I see the pain doctor.
 
Good to hear you're feeling a bit better. It's all about the rest!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom