TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pescara

Katie,

I'm so sorry that you're in such incredible pain. Is your hubby going to be there tonight, and if so, can he advocate for you to receive adequate pain relief? Good grief, you've had major, major surgery, and your pain meds need to be administered on schedule, and you shouldn't have to wait because someone didn't get them.

Hopefully you'll get some kind of sleep tonight with your pain under control. If they said you'd have to stay for a week, please keep that in mind. How are you going to manage your pain if you're home alone and have to take your dog outside for walks?

Hugs, and I really hope that the next time you post your pain has lessened - "DOWN" to a 10 - Yikes!
 
@Widget1, I might try to have you over since the company he hired only works part time. He will be home on weekends. I am worried about the dog and her walking.xxx
 
@Pescara I feel so badly for you. No way should you be in such pain nor should you have to wait for them because they haven't come. I wish I could be there for you. I'm not a quiet patient when things need to be done! If I yell loud enough maybe they'll hear me down there from Connecticut!! Hoping you have a better night's sleep and a non-eventful surgery tomorrow.
 
Sorry to hear you are having so much pain. That isn't right! After my back surgery I was on a morphine drip and could give myself little extra doses when the pain got too much. I hope they sort the pain meds. You are NOT a wimp. You have had major surgery and the doctors need to help you.
 
Change of time. On my way to surgery in 1 hour. Hope everyone has a good day. I think I will sleep all day. Hubby will be here after work. He makes them give me more pain medication if I need it and start to cry.Chat tomorrow.xxx pain is still a 10 so no sleeping since Friday. Just a few naps. I will have the morphine drip so load me up lol. I can't believe I did this since I afraid of someone getting near my spine. They don't have visitor hours so people at all different times of day and nights.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Pescara, see you are on your way to surgery. Healing thoughts and prayers for you. It won't be long until you're home with cute little Madison! You're not alone, I was very disappointed in the nursing care I received in the hospital. It was primarily one shift, but it's colored my whole hospital experience. I've already placed an order for instant ice packs to use in the hospital to reduce my need for nurse interaction.

Thinking of you and sending virtual hugs!
 
@Pescara -

Katie, I hope that your surgery today was uneventful, and that you'll be able to start your recovery process. I would be so happy to come anytime and visit you at home and walk Madison while I'm there :) Just call me, and also let me know what you would like to eat (I hope your appetite returns) and I'll bring food as well - and I'll be there for you whenever you need me (if I have med app't for that exact time I'll let you know, and would have to delay my arrival until after I'm out of app't). You won't be able to recuperate without the assistance that you need.
 
@Pescara, here's hoping that you wake up from your second surgery happily pain-free and with great news from your OS about your recovery. Is Madison small enough that she could visit you, being carried by your husband, so you could get doggy kisses and doggy tail-wags without doggy jumps, leaps, and jostles?

@Widget1, so very kind of you to offer to visit, walk Madison, and keep Katie well fed and feeling cared for.
 
@Pescara I too, am hoping that everything went well today and that you are resting comfortably. I wish I lived closer because I would be there to help you out in a heartbeat. That's one special thing about Bonesmart...we feel like we've known each other forever even though we've never met. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hoping you will soon be awake and feeling stronger and happier and more pain free.
 
Hi pesacara. Just caught up
Hope things are turning the corner now for you !
 
Hi @Pescara - just catching up as well.. So sorry to hear about the extreme pain you've been dealing with.. Hoping your surgery went well.. Looking forward to an update. Hang in there! :console2:
 
♥ Katie,

I hope that stage 2 of your back surgery was successful on Monday, and that you're receiving an abundance of TLC and pain relief while you're in the hospital. Miss you!
 
Thinking about you today. Hope things are getting better for you.
 
Wish your husband or Madison would update your thread so all your Bonesmart friends would know how your surgery went and how you're feeling. Sending healing, comforting virtual hugs your way.
 
Sorry I haven't been able to keep in touch. Stage 2 was not easy. A 4 hour surgery lasted 7. I am still in a lot of pain but begged to come home so I did last night. On a scale of 1-10 I would have to say a 15 before happy pills. I passed out on my way to the bathroom and now have a black and blue knee again. Just when it was doing great. My kindle wouldn't work for a couple of days until I 're-set it this morning. I have a full-time nurse for all the hours hubby has to work. I just met with her and she's great and. Nap is calling. I will be back later.:doggie:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom