TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many times I wish I had found BS during my recovery.
 
@Pescara @Braunzie - there is a Key West Express ferry (or at least there used to be) between SW FL and Key West. I took it once, and since the Gulf waters are so placid, the catamaran ferry glided over the water. It was a very smooth and fun ride. If I remember correctly, it only took a couple of hours (and it's non-stop). My only point of reference on the smoothness of the ride is that in the 90s I was throttle"man" and navigator on a 38' Cigarette in offshore powerboat races on the Atlantic between Miami and the Bahamas. NOT smooth is crossing the 15 foot swells in the Gulf Stream at about 90mph and hoping your femur won't end up shoved through your middle (that actually happened to one of the boat captains, a PanAm captain by day until that happened and he almost died) :)
 
I feel the same too, this has been a great experience for me, and I feel like I have made some great friends! Thank you guys!!:yahoo:
 
@louie How are you doing? Since my GP put me on oxycodone I have had a hard time keeping up with things. I will call today for something different for pain.:doggie:
 
Hey @Pescara, doing ok, my knee is pretty stiff at times, so I am wondering am I on my feet too much!!
Was wondering how are you doing??
What are your future plans with your back, and your knee?? I am having a hard time keeping up! :old::sneaker:
 
@louie back surgery is on Friday the 25 for stage1(herniated disc all5 and some kind of cement for the fractures). Stage 2 is the following Monday on the 28th for scoliosis. Another weeks stay in the orthopedic floor! Sounds like you are now an official member of the over did it club lol. My knee is on hold until next year so I am healthy and healed from my wonderful fall! Do you have Netflix? They have some great movies to pass the time and a 30 day trial.Be careful and take it easy. The time will fly by and you will look back and say it was worth it.:doggie:
 
I have been reluctant to go into detail about my back surgery in 2001 because it was not that successful. Things have changed a lot since then and I'm sure you will have a much better outcome. I saw a back specialist last year who said I was now chronic but stable and that further surgery would not improve my function. I am hoping that now my knee is done I will be more active and lose weight which will help my back. My standing tolerance before knee surgery was about 5 minutes. I am hoping that will improve. My PT keeps forgetting that I use my cane because of my back as well as my knee. He wants me to stop using the cane but I can't because of my back.
 
Excited for you. No time to back out now, right? I'd call your OS office to ask about the vitamin. I'm sure they'd rather have you check it out with them.
 
@Pescara - WOW! Best wishes for a smashing success on your surgery in three days! If there's anything you need and you have access to BS in the hospital, just post or have your hubby post. I'm only about 60 miles away from you and would be happy to bring you anything you wanted, or even sit with you awhile while your hubby has to work, etc.

I think that sometimes less notice can be a good thing, because then we have less time to worry about everything. My three "no notice" surgeries actually were just fine, as I didn't waste any energy trying to get things in order, worrying, etc. I went to my primary doctors office and from there went by ambulance to the hospital for my appendectomy. For my hysterectomy I had two days notice, and for my gall bladder I went to the doctor and while there surgery was scheduled for the next day.
 
Widget is right. I had a month to worry about my TKR surgery, but about 2 hours to think about the washout/debridement surgery.
 
Tomorrow should be fun NOT. New blood work and an MRI and other pre op tests. It cuts into my napping. I asked the OS about the vitamin d and he said to keep taking it. My bag is packed except my kindle and phone with chargers. I am only taking a small bag because hubby will bring me everything on Saturday. I have to be at the hospital at 5:15am!!! I will still be half asleep. Who functions at that hour lol.
 
Pescara... it might be better to still be half asleep and not fully functioning when you're going in for surgery! I had to be at the hospital at 5AM, and the car service I'd hired to give me at ride @4 wasn't here - they couldn't find my house. I found them, and off I went, and was really tired - probably because I'd been up all night making sure everything was in place and would be ready for me when I came home after hospital discharge.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom