TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Widget1 . Most of the closet has been done. Finally got rid of things I will never use again. I guess I'm a closet border lol. 35 pair of shoes, 15 handbags and assorted clothes and more to go today. I did keep my sneakers and a couple of flats and 10 pair of flip flops. I am still worried about the general anesthesia but will go by what my doctor wants. I do remember I came out of it fast and seemed to do ok with it. Not as fuzzy as when I got my knee done. Maybe it had something to do with the pain medication. I will be under for 3 hours so I can see why they want a general.:dogsniff:
 
Over the phone approval from BC! A milestone! You are inspiring me with your closet cleaning, so today I am tackling the much easier bathroom closet. Holy moly, who knew I had that many partially used containers of mousse?!
 
Katie,

Bravo on all the cleaning out work you were able to accomplish!

I'm so glad that you received BC approval, and that you're moving forward. I don't think you would get kicked off the knee recovery forum, because you're only a little over 3 months post TKR, and didn't the OS tell you that the recovery time can last a year or year and a half? Your back surgeries later this month won't magically completely end your TKR recovery time.

You've had a productive week - being discharged from the hospital, then having a great visit with your new GP, followed by a productive planning with your OS for your back surgery, and now your cleaning marathon :)
 
@Pescara I think I read your dog was about 10 pounds? Mine is around 33. When your strength is down I can imagine the pull of even pounds especially when chasing a lizard!! Our dog has always been walked, so he can't even be put out on a leash and expect all normal functions to happen. My husband was able to walk Sammy the first week after my knee surgery. Then since he goes out 3-4 times a day, those middle times were mine. Walking with a cane and the dog was fun. Fortunately for me, Sammy was great. He went as slow as I did.

But, I didn't have a major back issue to deal with as well. Is there anyway you can get someone to come and walk Madison while all this is going on? Back surgeries have improved so much lately. Smaller incisions, faster recuperations...wish they could do the same with knees. But, you need to take it easy while you're waiting for the surgery. Only a couple more weeks to go. It'll go by real fast, well maybe not fast enough for you.

I'm doing ok, you can read my thread about my new PT. Once I start the pool therapy next week, we'll see. I've never done anything like that before so it will be interesting. I'm also not used to having someone pushing me. As a former teacher, I'm used to pushing others, so it's a strange place to be. In the meantime, I intend to do the best I can to get back in shape so I can do this all again in the spring. Yahoo! Can't wait! Now, I know I am officially Nuts!!:rotfl:
 
I hope they let me stay here
I'm so glad that you received BC approval, and that you're moving forward. I don't think you would get kicked off the knee recovery forum, because you're only a little over 3 months post TKR, and didn't the OS tell you that the recovery time can last a year or year and a half? Your back surgeries later this month won't magically completely end your TKR recovery time.
We don't kick anyone off the recovery forum just because it's been a while since their surgery.
We're always pleased to hear how you are getting on and updates even long after you have recovered are welcome. It helps people in the early stages of recovery from a TKR to see that it was all worth it in the end.

@Pescara - best wishes for your back surgery. Let us know how you are getting on and how your knee responds to a little extra rest.
 
@Pescara i have always followed your threads, good job your caring hubby, and best wishes for your back surgery, tunnel is near.
 
@Pescara, sounds like Madison is a cutie, and has stolen your heart! Our 4 legged friends are a big part of the family!
Yes, I know I need to be careful on days I feel back to normal, and not sure if I am overdoing or not! I am so sick of sitting around, and man, it gets boring!
Almost done with my antibiotics, another couple of days, then I am done! Still have to go in and get it checked, but it looks good to me!! :yay:
 
Never thought I would ever look forward to surgery. I can't wait for my back to get done. Even the oxycodone doesn't help but works wonders on my knee. Since being on the oxy I feel some what normal but still baby my knee. I still have things to do before surgery but at least I have time. I should be able to get it all done. We have 2 months left on the rented lift recliner and has been great. I might just buy it. It has been a life saver
 
If you love the recliner, it's probably worth it to buy it. Even if you don't need the lift feature, the comfort it will provide for back and knee surgery recovery will be worthwhile. Even now, mine is handy for taking brief naps. Of course, we have a two story house with bedrooms upstairs. The recliner is right here on the first floor, making it convenient for a brief rest, nap, or icing.
 
@Pescara - Just now catching up on your thread. Don't sure why I haven't been getting notifications.. :sad:

Sounds like things are getting back on track for you! That is SO good to hear!! Sending you best wishes for your back surgery!! :friends:Looking forward to hearing how it goes. (Want to come and clean out MY master closet?? it's been on my list, but it's a little scary.. LOL! :rotfl:)

Take care as you await your surgery!!! :yes:
 
@PolarBear 60 After a talk with hubby we decided to keep the recliner. After what we have paid for the rental for the last month or more we called and it will be $350.00. It seems like a reasonable price for comfy. I just wonder if it's good for my back. The OS said he would give me a prescription to submit to BC and maybe they will pay for it. If they won't I can pay for it myself. I tend to nap in it a lot and have spent many nights sleeping in it. Lol. I love the idea I don't have to stand up with no help. :dancy:
 
@Brauzie my internet goes out a lot since I use my kindle for everything. This time I loaded lots of games so I don't have to watch bad daytime tv. I am feeling better every day and almost feel normal. Maybe it's the new meds. I have been making dinner every night..Hubby still does the dishes as I can't stand for to long. He's a keeper and I would be lost without him. As he said we married for better or worse. I hope some day I can repay everything he has done for me. I would love to do your closet. It would be fun to actually meet in person :roseshwr:
 
I feel the same way about my husband.. We are very, very lucky ladies!!! and yes, it WOULD be fun to meet in person.. Who knows.. I'd LOVE to go to Florida again someday.. we were just there on vacation about a 1.5 years ago.. down in the keys.. Not sure where Bradenton is relative to that. Of course, I COULD look on a map! :heehee:
 
@Braunzie I am about 1 hour plane ride from Miami. If that is the right keys. There are so many in different places. I can't make the 6 hour drive anymore. Maybe meet half way for lunch. Hopefully this is the right message board. :doggie:
 
As I understand it, insurance will only pay for a portion of a lift chair, but every little bit helps.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@PolarBear60 I am going to call the OS when his office opens. He was the one that had offered a prescription for it. Do you think it would be bad for my back after surgery? Right now it makes it feel better but I don't want to un-do all the surgery.:happyfeet:
 
I have no idea if it would be bad for your back after surgery. I have no experience in that area. I'm sorry.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Ok... so I want to get a little sappy here for a minute. Thank you to everyone for the great support. If I had never found BoneSmart I would have never have had the support and friendship and answers I was looking for. It's so nice to meet and share information from everyone (to many to mention). I will always have you near and dear to my heart. Thank you very much:loveshwr:.
 
@Pescara it's great to hear how much you are doing even while you're in so much pain due to your back. Kudos to you!! I think we all feel the same way about the folks here. We can laugh, cry , share and complain and everyone understands. It's the most caring group of people I've ever never met. :what: Weird, I know, but sometimes it feels like I've known some of you forever!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom