TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it varies depending on the doctor? Mine routinely sees post-op, at one month, three months and then at a year. At my one month visit he was concerned about my ROM, so he wanted to see me in four more weeks, then I had an MUA follow-up (which was also a twelve month / back to work follow up). Plus one time I went in to see him about a concern. Whew! That was a lot of visits!
 
I did everything on a small scale and called it quits when I knew it was time. Came home, iced again, took my Celebrex and had a great 2 hour nap. Today there is a bit of swelling, but otherwise unscathed. Oh I have to mention how irritating it was to stand in my office and have everyone tell me how well I looked, how good I was walking and they didn't understand why I was taking another month off work. People can be so ignorant!
 
Just wondering...how many times do you see your OS. Mine only will see me every 3 months. Is this normal? I have noticed a lot of people see their OS more than I do. The only time I saw him was to have my staples out and never at the hospital. Thanks to @wings I found a new OS. Mine seems to think he is better than anyone else? My husband thinks he has a God complex
I neVer saw my os after surgery at the hospital, then at 10 days so his nurse could remove the staples, then at the 30 daybpoint. He did not even take xraysvtill I was 30 days out, but his work has been excellent.
 
Pescara, I just try to ignore when possible those who have no clue. Since I rarely make that moaning yelp anymore when I get up from a chair; it's easy to keep my eye on the prize.
 
I saw mine twice before the surgery, in pre-op, after I was out of surgery and in my room where he explained how things went, each morning I was in the hospital at o'dark early, at two weeks when I got my staples out (nurse took them out), six weeks, three months, and I'm due to see him again at six months.

My surgeon is young, capable, and confident, but he doesn't have an entourage of minions. As far as I can tell, it's him, his nurse, and office staff. There was a floor doctor who stopped in to see me daily while I was in the hospital, and she was available if I needed anything while I was there.

Good luck with your new OS.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
I'm doing good. Still trying to get this thing moving. just hit 5 weeks and ROM is around 90. trouble sleeping like everyone else !

@tigz. What was your ROM at one month ? did it continue to improve ?
 
Replying in your thread so as not to get Pascera off-track. :)
 
I have a question for the group at large. Since my surgery, I am only hungry up until lunch and thEn fill up very quickly and am ready to eat again in a few hours. By dinner, I am not hungry and can only eat a little. I seem to want carbs which is normal, but am pushing the protein to help heal. Also a lot of the things I used to enjoy now taste bad to me. Pop, alcohol, salsa, lots of veggies. Cannot figure it out since I don't remember this happening with any other surgeries.
 
@Third joint ,since my surgery I have no interest in food. Maybe it's my husband's cooking lol. It might be due to the medication. I would ask your OS. Since June I have lost almost 18 pounds
 
@Pescara i went at 2 weeks to get my staples out then 3 weeks later and will be there in a month. To tell you the truth it's a short visit and he just flexes and extends the knee and says your doing well. Pt is more important. The pt Should not make you bruise. Maybe they are pushing you too hard?
 
Yeah....haven't really lost any weight since when I am hungry it is usually something comforting I want, but haven't gained any either. Hopefully will remain status quo.
 
@Third joint tou are definitely right!...people only see your face and not your knee. They don't see the swelling or discomfort. They think you are perfectly fine!
 
Hey I am so glad a pretty nice plan has been developed thanks to enthurstic @wings, I am relieved for now. What a wonderful community we have, I m proud to be a member.
 
Saw my OS the week before my surgery then in pre-op, then twice during the three days I was in the hospital. Saw him again 3 1/2 weeks post-op, and will see him again 7 1/2 weeks out next Monday.
 
My tastes have changed too... I think it is the meds? I used to crave spicy things and vinegar type things, but they taste funny. Also sweet stuff is very un appealing... Don't know if I lost weight as I can't stand on a scale right yet and I my daily uniform is PJ shorts and old t-shirts... Lol
 
@Third joint --please post questions specific to you in your own thread. We like to keep keep threads focused on the original poster's recovery. It makes it easier to help. We'll find you in your thread, don't worry. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom