TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@wings I went to the site but I will have to use my computer. I haven't used it since surgery lol..it must be lonely. I use my kindle for everything. When I got home yesterday hubby had a big surprise for me. A new car that is higher than my old one. A 2015 Kia Soul!!! My husband called my OS yesterday and he would not even talk to him. He is going to get my records today and on Friday at PT I will ask for the report they sent to the doctor:puppysmooze:
 
Have fun with the new car. Don't drive too fast..lol. Maybe you could tell
The policeman your new knee stuck to the pedal. Are you in Florida? Maybe I can ask my os for a good one for you
 
@Dearjr I live in Bradenton Florida. Another sleepless night. In to much pain from PT yesterday. Most of the doctors here don't take Blue Cross PPO
 
@Pescara I looked up physicians in Bradenton. The physician with the most knee replacement experience in Bradenton is Alan Valadie. I will be commuting 45 miles to my physician. For me, the experience is more important than the proximity. I will be doing my therapy close to home. When I had a parathyroid tumor removed, I travelled near you to Tampa, Florida since the most experienced surgeon practiced there. Good luck in your physician search!
 
@wings Thanks. He is accepting new patients but had to leave a VM. Hopefully he can get my records from my OS the hospital and PT and takes my insurance. He sounds good and has good ratings. I just hope he can help. I can't even walk today because of pain and no sleep:bored:
 
Your OS may not be able to talk with your husband legally. A lot of it depends upon who you've authorized a release of information to. If you haven't specifically said you authorize it, he can't talk to him. Same for your records. Make sure husband has your ID with him as a minimum.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@wings I got an appointment for September 17th and he will get all my reports, x rays MRI and PT notes. He can also fix my back. I can't thank you enough for everything you did for me. I get my records from my OS tomorrow:doggie:
 
@Pescara , glad I could help, he is the highest rated knee replacement specialist in Bradenton. Hopefully a consult with him will get you some pain relief and on the right track to mobility!
 
@wings They were really nice on the phone and got me in as an emergency appointment. I called my OS and I can pick up my records for a price lol. I'm still not sure if I want my knee replacement surgery or the surgery for scoliosis. Both will have me down for a few months but will go by the doctor. I have a huge bruise on the back and front from PT yesterday. I can't wait to see what they are going to do on Friday. I know I have to go but not happy about it . :dogsniff:
 
Definitely discuss which your doctor would recommend first -- back or knee. My dad was due to go in for his back, but they wound up doing his hip first. Apparently, that took a lot of pressure off his back, and he hasn't needed to get the back done yet.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@PolarBear60 I am going to let him make the choice. I have had a hard time with my back since the accident. I am afraid of going to PT on Friday. I am going to take my husbands advice. If it hurts quit and ask for a different therapists or easier exercises
 
Good plan.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@louie Have to go back to PT on Friday for more torture. I had my husband take pictures of the bruises they gave me and will show them. I am still black and blue! :bignono:
 
@Birdy, just trying to heal from PT on Monday. I go again on Friday and not looking forward to it. Still having a hard time sleeping. I can't seem to get comfortable so I get up and watch tv
 
Just wondering...how many times do you see your OS. Mine only will see me every 3 months. Is this normal? I have noticed a lot of people see their OS more than I do. The only time I saw him was to have my staples out and never at the hospital. Thanks to @wings I found a new OS. Mine seems to think he is better than anyone else? My husband thinks he has a God complex
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom