TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PT was cancelled until Monday. They said they over booked. The only thing is going to do is an e evaluation and send the results to the OS. Still in tears. Didn't eat dinner again. Just to upset to eat. Hubby called the OS and he wouldn't even talk to him. Everything goes through his nurse and gives the OS the message. He's a great doctor ( the best in my area) but no bedside manor. I never saw him the whole time I was in for my other knee. Now I have to wait until September 10th to see my new GP. I can't take any more shots. They hurt so much I can hardly walk after. I am wondering if I have to go to PT for the full 3 months. Again more tears today. I am so frustrated
 
So sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. Insurance companies are the worst! I do know that the initial decision is usually to deny in the hope that people will just go away. I hope this gets sorted out for you. Hugs from Canada!
 
@Pescara - so sorry you have to deal with such disappointment and frustration. Lots of hugs coming your way!! :friends: Hang in there!! Try to remember the delay is just a delay and not permanent. Yes.. It would be great to be move forward as you had anticipated, but it will come eventually.

What kind of shots have you gotten? Though they hurt when you got them, did they give any relief afterward?
 
@Brauzie,I have had silica and cortisone injections many times but only work for a couple of days. Then the pain comes back. I just want to give up and hope Blue Cross never has to go through it!.
 
I'm sorry to hear you have to go through this song and dance before you can get your second tkr. :hissy:
I'm also sorry the GP won't help with meds. I do know they are often cautious because of the few bad apple doctors (and patients) who give/seek multiple pain med prescriptions. Which is not you, of course.

I like the suggestion about seeing about getting referred to pain management. Sometimes they have alternatives even to meds.

If cortisone injections don't work, I guess you can fall back on icing and rest. And work with your PT--It's possible like someone said, that if the therapist shows that PT won't cut it, you can get the decision changed.

One hope is that as your current tkr can take more of the load, that will help the pain in the other knee.
:console2:
 
@Pescara :friends:.
hopefully this process won't take long. I liked @Slainte 's suggestion. Hang in there and try to not let this get you down. Do what you can, do the PT appts. and call the doctor's office when you need help with pain. Hopefully this will not last three months.
 
@Pescara i am so sorry especially you have been very strong and compassionate in the past for me. Please just leave the subject aside for few days, Rome wasn,t built in one day, so as your bad knee. I am sure eventually Blue Cross will come to terms and approve your surgery request. In the meanwhile, try to concentrate on the several good suggestions from @wings @Braunzie @kneeper. Pray for you, and please don,t upset too long. Hugs.
 
If I lived closer I'd go down to the Blue Cross office and camp out in the waiting room and talk to everyone who came in and came out about how dreadful and uncaring their treatment of you was until they agreed to reverse their denial. Do appeal. Do see a pain management doctor. Do be as polite and courteous and understanding as you can be when dealing with the OS and his office staff. Insurance company denials are no picnic for them, either, and I suspect if you are kind to them, realizing it's not their fault, they might be more motivated to help you if and when they can. Sending hugs from across the continent.
 
Thanks to all for the good wishes. I think it was the silica shots since they fill in the space between the bone. I am sore today but have to work through it. The fairies didn't clean again. I have been doing everything except vacuuming and washing floors. I even did 4 loads of laundry yesterday. The pity party is over. I have noticed I went from a junior member to just a member.I still can't go up and down down the stairs without pain
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's based upon the number of posts you make. There's a chart around here somewhere that explains it all.
 
4 loads of wash in one day? Why? I'm a big believer in spreading out tasks like that over a couple of days.
 
@louie, the shots hurt and didn't help. Being a member is on the amount of posts you make. Guess I haven't made enough lately. I go to PT on Monday. Hopefully I will have some answers. I can hardly walk and my back is killing me. Just laying on the couch with ice
 
Is there anyone else beside your husband who could help you with your household tasks? I don't know what the age requirements are, but here's a link to the Florida State Department of Elder Affairs. broken link removed: https://elderaffairs.state.fl.us/doea/arc.php There are eleven different geographic areas ... contact the one covering your home town. They may know of local resources. I understand that you want to spare your husband from too much work, but I, and I bet a bunch of other BoneSmarties, want to spare your knees from too much work and you from too m There's still a lot of bad TV reruns out there to be watched, dear friend.
 
@SaraJane thanks for the advice. I called my insurance and was denied because the doctor filled my gap in my knee with gel. Tomorrow I will call and get my records and find a new doctor. The more I thought about it I never saw him once while I was in the hospital after TKR and 4 days for a blood thinner problem. My husband helped clean the house yesterday (the floors) and said " no wonder you don't like doing them. It's back breaking" lol I still have to have back surgery from an accident. 8 years ago. I was hit by a drunk driver. My husband does not want my doctor to touch me. It's so hard to find a doctor that takes my insurance in our small town. Hope is all well with you :thankyou:
 
@louie, how are you doing? I start my PT tomorrow for my bad knee. I wonder what they are going to do. I hope not a bike as my back can't take it. I still can't go up stairs due to pain. I never realized how long it takes to heal a TKR and my other knee is getting worse. It makes it hard to get off the couch just to go to the kitchen. My husband can even hear the crunch lol :dogwalk:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom