TKR Patience not my virtue

I'm so glad you're having a good day, and still getting out some!
 
So I believe that I saw something on another thread that leads me to believe that you are not having the best of days emotionally? I hope that I misread that, but if it is true, please remember that you can vent here if you want to. We are good listeners!:yes:
 
@Fire wolf thank you! I was having a bad day Sunday but as they say " it was a new day" Monday and all was well in my world!
 
Ok then. Today I went for a deep tissue massage. After a conversation with the RMT we decided to concentrate mostly on back ( particularly lower back), right hip and right leg. She would work around any position I wasn't comfortable and add or ease pressure as we went along depending how I felt. Happy to report that I could actually lay on my stomach for a while, then back with a bolster under my knee for comfort. The massage felt great! She spent a lot of time working the muscle? Tendon? Ligament? at the back of my knee which has given me pain this last few weeks. So far so good!
I feel relaxed and my whole leg feels looser. Hopefully no repercussions later!
If not, I may go back next week.
 
I just caught up on your thread @Canada35 and am so impressed with all you've done! KNEERAH!!!

I think the bad day of muscle spasms was probably just a response to all you had done over the prior days. That said, driving too long will set off spasms for me, so that trip to the grocery store may have also been a factor.

But, here you are, bright and ever
so much better! I'm really glad you made such a quick recovery and were able to enjoy shuffling off to Buffalo!

The family photos in the plane are fab! What a handsome family and adorable grandson. He'll remember that experience when he's our age, lol! Thanks for sharing those![emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Canada35 I just read through your thread. I love to see how we come into the forum so lost and scared and begin to relax and improve. I'm very impressed with all of the outings you have successfully made. Sounds like so much fun. I enjoyed your pictures as well, your son and grandson are very handsome and the pic of you and grandson is fantastic. Glad everything is working out so well for you and I know you will be well prepared for your second TKR next year.
 
Yahoo! I was able to move my exercise bike seat down another notch today and still do full revolutions!
I still have 0 resistance but I am doing a happy dance anyway! I feel my ROM has increased ever so slightly although I still have a long way to go to actually bend fully.
 
Kneerah!!! That's a good sign and us slow benders will take any improvement, even the slightest lowering of the seat, right? You should do the happy dance! Small victories lead to huge gains over time.
 
Yeah on moving that seat!!! My seat continued to move after my PT had ended and that's how I knew my flex was getting better. Once the seat was a close as it would ever be (normal) then I worked on keeping my foot on the peddle in the same position as the other foot. That makes a big difference too. But yeah!!! it's those little things in life that us TKR folks look forward to.
 
Way to go, Pegi! You are really moving up, or is that down :scratch: in the world! If nothing else, this experience has definitely got me even more into an appreciation of the *little* big things in life!:yes:
 
Pegi, just catching up on you from last week. I loved the family pictures you shared! It sounds like you've been really busy and doing well with the occasional knee flare day.... we will all be so happy when that's in the past.:loveshwr:
 
@Pheebs52 I could barely reach the pedals when I first started rocking the pedals back and forth. This is the second time I have lowered the seat so although progress is in the tiny increments of the seat pedestal it is still progress!
On another note, I have had a couple of baths since surgery but I have had them in the guest bathroom which is a regular tub. Tonight I was able to reward my progress with a bath in the jacuzzi tub in our en suite bathroom. It is big and deep and I have been terrified to get into it before tonight but my bionic knee cooperated and I dropped right into a bevy of bubbles! Getting out wasn't a pretty sight but I didn't care. I had a smile a mile wide! Muscles are relaxed and maybe the sleep fairy will sprinkle some of her magic dust on me tonight.
Tomorrow is my 4 month (16 week) kneeversary. Kneerah! 1/3 of the way there!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom