TKR Patience not my virtue

@1delapisa Dont worry! You are a month behind me on surgery dates. I have only just started to feel more comfortable and have less tightness and pain. You will get there too!
I still do not have good flexion numbers but I can function and that is what is important to me. I want to be able to do what I want to do without pain!
I too am going for d.t. Massage next week. We will have to report to the others how we make out.
 
Here's a picture of me with my grandson Emmett flying in the jet! And Emmett "helping" fly the plane with his Daddy!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Patience not my virtue
    IMG_2700.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 187
  • [Bonesmart.org] Patience not my virtue
    IMG_2701.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 214
fantastic pics. what an amazing adventure. how was it going through security? which airport? last question: how did your knee hold out?
 
@liam2015 we flew from Kingston to Kitchener. The private jets don't use the regular terminals. They use private ones so no long security lines, no crowds, no traffic! That's the way Rich folks do it! Normally my son flies out of Pearson YYZ but again from a private terminal.
My knee held up just great for the entire day's adventure. Didn't even need Tylenol until I got home. Then I elevated and iced mainly as a precaution against pain and swelling!
 
WTH?? I have been moving along at my own sweet pace with not a lot of bending progress but functioning fairly well and taking ES Tylenol only at night. I figured " I've got this!"
I guess I was getting too cocky! Today I went for a short grocery shop because my DH is out at a kids festival with DIL and children and they are coming back here for dinner. Got through the grocery store but since leaving my quads have been in spasm, and my knee is in the vice grip!
So here I lay on the couch, leg up and ice on WTH?? Argggg!
 
oh darn...sorry to hear that. i think driving in the car bothers my knee the worst, even just a 20 minute drive. it could be an accumulation of the last few days activities. i hope you get some help with dinner tonight. the kids will boost your spirits or at least distract you from your knee.:bicycle2:
 
So sorry to hear of your setback. It's so aggravating, isn't it? You didn't even seem to do anything that should have that drastic a result! Hang in there. Leg up and on ice is good, although I'm beginning to really HATE ice, and even my Lounge Doctor doesn't make me that comfortable any more. I think it's that mentally I'm railing against having to use them---still. WTH indeed!
:gaah::tiredwheel:
 
Sorry to hear about your setback! I think that we have all fallen into the "I got this" trap, at least I know that I have, many times. Yes, the ice,elevating,rest,etc gets very old after awhile! However, brighten days are on the horizon, so I am told! Lol! We just have to have the patience to get there.:flwrysmile:
 
Since we all are within a few weeks of each other for surgery it makes sense that we've all experienced this period of set back - WTH indeed! :headbang: It is so annoying. I've been having trouble going downstairs which I didn't have a couple weeks ago so my flexion has regressed due to swelling. And can we all say in unison: "I'm sick of lying down and icing!" :censored:. There! Misery loves company, eh??:tada:
 
Last edited:
Sick and tired of being sick and tired!! Thanks for the sympathy my BS friends. I know you all know! We are all in the same boat!
Hoping for a better day tomorrow cause we have an outing planned in Buffalo with our daughter. Back seat with pillows and ice packs for me! It's only 1.5 hour drive so that part should be fine!
 
I bet you it's the combination of your last few days. Now is the time to rest it as much as you can. It's gonna snap back! It will just take time.
 
Kneerah! After yesterday's downer day of spasms and pain, I woke up this morning in good shape. Off to Buffalo we went with our daughter for a day of back to school shopping for both her and her children as well as my other grandchildren. I was in and out of stores with back seat icing and elevating, breaks for eating and cold drinks and my bionic knee behaved for the entire day. We were gone 14 hours in total and I am happy to be in bed with my leg elevated now. Nothing planned for tomorrow so if there are repercussions from today, I will lay low with legs high. For now I will just bask in today's success!
 
That is fantastic! Glad you had an enjoyable day out and thought to ice knee throughout the day. It seems as if normalcy may be returning, if ever so slowly! Certainly helps with the optimism!
 
Kneerah for sure!!!! Isn't it great to know these new knees can perform on occasion when we need them to. Hope you have a good recovery day tomorrow.
 
How are you today after all that activity yesterday?
 
@sistersinhim i am pretty good all things considered. I have been having a pretty low key day with lots of ice and elevation but no real pain. I've been to the drug store, done a couple of loads of laundry but not pushing my luck!
Thank you for asking!
 
Sounds like you did some great planning with the ice and elevation while out yesterday, and a day to relax today just in case. Seems like you found the fine line of balance!:yes!:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom