TKR Patience not my virtue

Hi Everyone!
Feels like it's been a long time since I visited - but it hasn't. Time just crawls when we're having so much fun. I'm trying so hard to keep my comments to myself. No one gets it like the people on this site. BUT, I'm feeling guilty VENTING to all the brave "newbies"!! I'd like thoughts about this please..
In a nut shell, cannot believe this is still going on. Was not delighted with surgeon visit last week for the 1st time since 6/13!!
I won't say more but I'd really like to!
 
Let it all hang out @1delapisa. That's what we're here for. I'm a month ahead of you and it has only been in the last week or so that I started feeling optimist about this - so you will get there. My last OS visit at the 12 week mark brought me to tears. I put it behind me and am hoping to have more improvement at my next appt in 2 months. Being able to vent on BS keeps lots of us sane. Hang in there!
 
Happy Knee-versary! Did you have champagne in your bubble bath? Or better still, ice cream? :heehee:
You are doing great! I predict that you will see more progress from here forward. And it won't be long before recovery does not rule your life! What a glorious day that will be!! It's coming.......
 
I'd say @Thesoutherncook, Helen, really knows how to bathe! Forget the bubbles in the bath, get them from the champagne, lol. Ice cream in the tubbie is my idea of heaven!:heehee:
 
I see I forgot to congratulate your bathing accomplishment @Canada35! I apologize and congratulate at the same time, despite turning a putrid shade of green from envy. :rotfl:
 
Happy camper here today. Spent all afternoon back to school shopping with my 18 year old granddaughter who will start University next week and then came home and baked a rhubarb coffee cake. My bionic knee has given me very little grief at all so crossing my fingers that my good luck lasts through the night tonight!
 
oh that cake sounds amazing ~ i love rhubarb in anything. that's great that your new knee is performing so well and your jacuzzi bath sounds heavenly. my friend just had her bathroom renovated with a jacuzzi tub and fancy jets ~ i've hinted that i want to christen it when they get back from vacation. sounds like you enjoyed your shopping trip with your granddaughter and i'm sure you'll miss her when she leaves for university.:bath:
 
What an amazing thing that we have,at our fingertips, a slew of people all over the world who have something in common and can help each other through a rough road in life. And what a wonderful ability to pool experiences and for us all to gain a better understanding of ourselves and our bodies. Thank you BoneSmart.
 
Decided to keep pushing real life until my bionic knee kicks my butt back to the couch. Today was back to school shopping with my 16 year old grandson. Besides, having my grandchildren's undivided attention over lunch on a shopping day is priceless! I would put up with a lot of knee pain for that privilege! They are so busy with sports, jobs, boyfriends and girlfriends that I love having them to myself once in a while!
So far knee is behaving although I am now resting, elevating and icing as a preventive measure.
Tomorrow DH and I are off to Buffalo to see our Junior A hockey team play an exhibition game there. Crossing my fingers that Nellie Knee continues to behave!
 
Do you ever wrap your knee before going out? If I know I'll be upright for a few hours, I do an Ace bandage wrap which seems to help a lot with reducing the swelling.
And then, of course, rest & ice & elevate once home! My mantra these days.
Taza :SUNsmile:
 
Hi @KnewKnee No i don't wrap my knee because I find it too uncomfortable but I do have a knee compression sleeve that I wear occasionally. I find it uncomfortable too for any length of time because I find it pinches at the back of my knee when I sit. I would rather put it on when I get home to rest my knee. However, at 4 months I find I am getting stronger every day and although I have aches, I am not enduring the bone pain I was earlier on.
My left non TKR knee is actually more troublesome these days so I will be glad when it gets done next year and I have 2 strong ones. So a little ice and elevation goes a long way to making my aches diminish.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom