Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

Omg!! Have you told him about your knee??

After my first TKR my first physical therapist pushed down really hard on my knee. It hurt so badly that I couldn't go back to therapy for a week.

This just happened today. My OS did the pushing down on my knee. It was uncomfortable but not painful. I will say my knee does not feel as stiff. I think it was a good thing. I am not hurting, just "clunking" somewhat. :)
 
I had a reminder yesterday that I used up my energy quota from Friday: washing my hair in the shower, going to see the revision OS for 6 week check up, going out to eat, picking the dog up from day boarding, waiting in the car with the dog while my husband ran to pick up groceries for dinner. It was a long day. Then yesterday, I drove the car for the first time and went to the grocery store and then to get my hair cut.
I'm taking it easy today!!!
 
I have been rereading my operative report and it is clear my original OS really made some BIG mistakes in my original LTKR! I am beginning to think my loose implant was not from being cementless or my osteopenia but from the wrong cuts he made on my femur and tibial plates. My operative report goes into detail about having to use a bone graft on the femur plate and recut the tibial plate to make everything work!!! It really was malpractice but not going to go there! There was no way my bone could grow into my knee replacement if the implant was not properly aligned!!! :bignono: :blackcloud: :censored: :nah:
 
@Cementless That sucks. Unfortunately, we have no way of really knowing beforehand just how compentent- or incompetent our OS's are before we "hire" them to operate .

It's great that you are doing so well in spite of the mistakes made! You deserve it!! :yes!::cheers:

Medical malpractice is extremely hard to prove. And they are very complicated for many reasons

Attorneys will not take cases unless the damages are catastrophic in nature . Unfortunately. That's because they take cases on a contingency basis and spend ALOT of money on the front end .Therefore, they are really selective about who they take on as clients for malpractice matters. Because there are no guarantees that they will prevail and it's all about the bottom line- making money.

So, IMHO your decision not to pursue a med mal case is a good one. You need to concentrate on your recovery. Not having the stress of trying to find an attorney that's willing to take your case and then if you find one going through the litigation process.
 
I’m sorry your surgery was not done correctly the first time. I know it’s very hard, and I may find myself in the same place you are, but try to put those thoughts aside and think about how well you’re doing now. :console2:You can remind me of that when it’s my turn and I find out the same thing.
 
Wow. That's awful. I wish there was a dislike button! Sorry you had to go through a revision and hope better knee days are ahead!
how did your knee feel after all those errands????
 
My tkr was also in June 2016, and my knee still clunks. I can feel it and hear it. It doesn't hurt, though. I still have pain, at times, in the back of my knee and when I lift it up when I'm laying on my left side. So, for many of us, this surgery takes longer than a year. I can say that it is much better than before the tkr. Isn't that what we all want?!

Isn't "clunking" of the knee after a TKR normal? Mine didn't start until I saw my revision OS at 6 weeks and he pressed down on my knee to give me more of an extension. It doesn't really hurt but I think it loosened up everything, which is good, right?
​
@beachy, maybe extra swelling. At 7 weeks this Wednesday, I have what would be normal pain, tenderness, uncomfortableness, esp. at night trying to sleep. Tried to go without my Norco 7.5 mg and 2 ES Tylenol at bedtime and could not get comfortable. I usual take Norco 3.75 mg and 1 ES Tylenol once or twice during the day. I wish I didn't have to but my knee just feels better! I might need this for another month or so.:unsure::sad: :dubious: I was hoping that I would not have to ask for another refill, maybe next time I will ask for Tramadol. I really am doing well over all. I know it just take time. :bored: :ice::fingersx: :praying:
 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! We are having a quiet Thanksgiving. We ordered our Thanksgiving dinner from our local grocery store H.E.B. already cooked, just needed heating up! It was/is delicious!!!
It was as if I cooked it....perfect!

This morning I vacuumed the family room and kitchen. Just had to do it! Now I am icing and elevating, took pain medication and a muscle relaxer. My knee really held up unlike my previous LTKR.

Speaking of my previous LTKR, our Texas Monthly Magazine listed all of the 2018 Super Doctors. My original OS, that botched the LTKR was on the list but NOT my wonderful revision OS. When I saw my revision OS at 6 weeks, I ask if his office notifies my original OS, he said no. He said, he has had very few surgeries that needed a revision but he always liked to know if one of his replacements had a revision. He said, "no one is perfect". So humble.
 
I walked Hobby Lobby and Bed Bath and Beyond with my cane yesterday! By the afternoon, evening and today....I am a little stiff and sore. Not sure if I over did it but I am taking it easy today!!!
 
Well, if you’re not sure, I’d call it a success! :happydance:

Definitely rest up today, it will become an overdo.
 
My son's visit to Longwood Gardens over the weekend. He loved it!!! He thought it was better than the Biltmore Estate.
He can't wait to go back in the spring.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    Longwood Gardens.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 146
  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    Longwood Gardens 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 150
  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    Longwood Gardens 3.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 173
  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    Longwood Gardens 4.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 141
  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    Longwood Gardens 5.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 150
Longwood is an amazing place! My sister and my daughters can’t get enough of it, however I’ve been there way too many times! And my sister takes way too many pictures and wants to show them to me. Oh well, that’s why there’s chocolate and vanilla.
 
@Jockette, how far is it from where you live? Sometime when we visit our son, we might go there with our son! Wouldn't it be fun to meet up with you!!! :roseshwr:
 
A recent purchase at Hobby Lobby:
Btw: my twin sister painted the Santa, I just framed it!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    20181127_133139.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Another purchase from my Hobby Lobby outing yesterday!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Partial Revision Failure
    New Christmas Decoration 2018.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 147

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom