TKR Papas new knee<

Suz is right. Don't let them hurt you. Good therapists are hard to find, especially one that believes in the bonesmart way.
 
Yeah...I second that!
My PT has softened.
Congrats on a good night sleep! WOW.
 
Thanks. They are not bad. Just the thought of back to back days worried me. But I do feel better than in awhile today
 
Yeah, Papa
I've got to believe the PT is for good.
Hey, I catch up to you in age in 26 days!:bath:
 
@Trppr1231 I also start out patient PT tomorrow, 3 times a week, let's see, I'm kind of looking forward to new excercises as long as they are not painful. I hope you have a good night tonight, I took benadryl last night and only a slept 3 hours, I have been tired today and not able to sleep :(
 
@uva55 yes the last time I took Benadryl I had the damn jitters all night. Like I was a drug addict or something. Hope you get better sleep tonight. The only problem I had with pt at their place was the bending of my knee and how they tried to get it to 90 then past in like a day. Now it has been a little better but I think cause I slooooowed them down. I am getting ready both in mind and somewhat body for the left one.
 
Papa,
First was 3 weeks ago...sore as heck tonight:-/
Next knee is July 11 (one week away still)...I can't image two of things aching at the same time, but I'm guessing that I'll survive. I told the doc I wanted to do bilateral, or 1 week staged, he said that 1 month will be plenty close, he's right!
I hope and can't wait to be able to go to a city or hike walking or even standing for a bit, how about you?
Ted
 
Ted
My apologizes I misread that. I have been mobile since day one. I got out of bed first day. Used the little boys room that evening. I couldn't lay in that bed much longer. My fault has been I can't sit still. Not a waiting kind of guy either. If you know what I mean. The left has been taking a beating while I rehab right. My good fortune is my grandson lives here and helps a great deal. My wife, him and my 2 other grandkids are why I need it done. I will get back to my old self who went camping fishing hunting extra. Good luck in the coming weeks and let me know how it goes.
Papa
 
Good luck to you on your upcoming TKR. You certainly have a lot more courage than I do! I'm still babying this new one of mine and couldn't imagine getting the other one done so soon. I pray you have a successful outcome. I look forward to following your journey.
 
Hey Grandpa,
Another sleepless night (almost for me) and I'm also finding that the other knee is sore as heck...I'm giving up the longish road walks and the 30 min cycling for a few days to see if I can recover prior to next monday's TKR.
You think about it, the PT says 3 purposeful walks a day...but with the mile, I forget the trip to the store, the walk to the brook with the dog, watering the gardens, etc...turns out that adds up on a 3 week old TKR. Ugh.
 
@tpellerin i walk pretty good. Knee at times on stairs feels like wants to buckle. I think to much pressure? The left gives me fits all the time and is sore as heck. I had a rough night as well. Woke at 2 and knee felt like before surgery with arthritis in it. Took som Motrin and finally about 5 sleeping again. All 3 grandkids here this week. So I will be busy. Good luck with the knee
Papa Terry
 
I was looking at the image of your tape on your knee and never thought to use tape after my surgery. I used to use KT tape everyday prior to my tkr, but seeing this I think I might try it on the inside of my knee to see if it helps with some of the issues I am having there.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@uva55 No sleep last night. Not sure why. Knee never got comfortable and throbbed like a toothache all night. Maybe too much I don't know. Tired as heck this morning. Super hot here and some small showers. Maybe that lead to it. Just ready for it to be over!!!
 
@LFitz therapy added tape again. Not the same this time. [Bonesmart.org] Papas new knee<
 
@Trppr1231 the nights seem so long when we don't feel well and can't sleep, if you are willing to take sleeping meds, maybe you doctor can prescribe something for you, I personally don't want prescription sleeping aids, but looking thru different threads I know that some take them and they do get some sleep. I slept from around midnight to 4 then watched Netflix til 6 then slept til 9.:yawn:

The saga continues... It will happen for us, don't get discouraged, this is a temporary state of annoyance :headbang:
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom