TKR Papas new knee<

@Suz @uva55 thanks to both. I tried Tylenol PM and it gave my jitters a week or so ago. So I will try it tonight. It could have been from the meds I was on also. Today wasn't to bad. Grandson and I have been doing some things in house. I watch him water his veggie garden also. Just felt a little under the weather today. Just not myself
 
Going to OS today for follow up visit. Been 5 weeks since surgery. Knee swollen some. Been icing it twice this morning. Felt better then moving around and swelling back. Slept ok last night. Motrin pm was the trick. Now if restless legs would stop I would be better. Therapy called and want me in early at 3. I told them I will see, but if I don't feel up to it. I won't go. Work keeps calling and I am not ready too back. Need to get ready. To see doc. More later. Sorry for the venting
 
It doesn't take much to overdo at 5 weeks. I tried to sort of limit myself to doing only 1 thing a day at first. If I went to the doctor's or PT or a short errand (like picking up a prescription and an item or two at Walgreen's [with someone driving me there] that was the "event" of the day.
 
Good for you for taking care of yourself by not returning to PT or work until you feell you are ready @Trppr1231! And I'm happy your OS has given you more time off to recover. I have read many posts here of people who thought they were ready to go back to work at 6wks only to find it was way too soon. I'm pretty sure some of the staff here recommend 12wks before returning to work.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds right, I pushed mine and am paying bigtime in swelling and pain and loss of ROM, anticipating the next TKR. Time is on your side.
 
@Trppr1231 we have too much invested in our knees to take risks, I'm supposed to go back to work on July 25th, we'll see how I feel by then... Feel better!!
 
Well I slept pretty well last night. Took Motrin pm again and my restless leg pills. Up once which is very nice. Have several things to do. So I hope the walls back off. Not going to pressure myself to get going. Figure I have read and listened to all of you to go slow. The knee wasn't swelled as bad. So not to much stiffness. Thanks to all who have helped me here.
 
I would try to take as much time off from work as you can. I didn't go back until 13 weeks after my revision. My knee still swells but I have no real pain. My main problem is that I still feel a tremendous energy drain. I'm hoping that that part starts to get better soon too.
 
@newlybionic i agree and will take that advise. I don't plan to go back for the full 2 more months. I too feel a energy drain even here at home. I can't imagine driving downtown and trying to work my 10 hour day the back. Be like 11-12 hours. I prob would call in next day.
 
Did not sleep well last night. Not even sure why. Knee not to bad this morning. Just may have to much on the brain. Took Motrin pm and feel a little groggy, but I think my restless legs got me wound up. Have a project for grandson and I today. Hope it doesn't get too much.
 
I didn't sleep well last night either, I guess we have to have a bad night here and there so we can appreciate the good ones :). Enjoy your project with your grandson!!!
 
@Trppr1231
How old is your grandson? My granddaughter is 5, and I'd like to do things with her, but haven't felt up to it yet. She is sort of high maintenance right now. (Wants constant attention from me.) I'm hoping July will be better and more manageable for me to try to be with her.
 
@birdwatchr He is 11 and is my pride and joy. Lives with us and has all of his life. Wife says he is a mini me. I am not sure if that's a good thing but everyone else thinks it is. Off the subject. My work is starting to bug me to come back. We will see in a month.
 
Yeah, I think if she was a little older, I could've coped better. My son had assumed I would keep her over the summer to avoid day care costs, but hubby got mad and told him I was having surgery and he knew I was. They all think this surgery is a 2 week form and everything will be fine and dandy! I go back to work August 1st. The first week is pre-planning, so no kids around. I have a sedentary job, and we won't have kids in the first week or two, totally about 3 weeks with no kids, so I'm hoping it will go pretty smoothly. If it doesn't, I have 9 years of time off coming to me! Don't want to take it, but if I have to, I will. Principal will probably have a cow, but at this point, I don't care. I would rather get it as pay when I retire, but it is there if I need it. I avoid using it throughout the year by using holidays for dr appointments, etc. Principal constantly sends emails to everyone about abusing time off. I'm not one of them, and I resent it. Then ASP doesn't start til September, so I hope I'm good to go by then.

I like that your grandson is a mini you! That means you are good with him! And I think it will help when he enters his teen years - he will have you to look up to and confide in. That is important. He's probably in middle school now and that is a tough time nowadays. I see it the way they treat each other every day. They create a lot of unnecessary drama. Hopefully with you around to help, he can avoid all that.

Have a good holiday weekend!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom