TKR Papas new knee<

@uva the " tape " is called rock tape. She the therapy person put it on inside of right knee cap. And back towards my thigh and groin area. I did have pain there and that's where my bone on bone was at. I have noticed that my left knee gets weaker as I use it a little too much. But it I good as we have already discussed about replacing left.
 
@Paula Absolutely!! Hopefully it will be soon! I LOVE your new Avatar Paula!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Papas new knee< @uva here's what it looks like and how she taped it. It may all be in my head but less pain, better sleep. I almost slept entire night. I still must be very aware of over doing it. Hope this helps
 
@uva thanks to you
@Suz thanks to you as well.
The scar really has gotten a lot better. It looked way worse when I first got a look. O
My ROM on the machine is all the way up to 115 yesterday. My home pt therapy person said it wasn't really good to use. I thought I would go back on it and see. At therapy they could only get about 99 without killing me with pain. Today I will find out
 
Amazing how much improvement in a little over 4wks! Without a doubt it feels better!
 
Remember to not let PT hurt you. It's counter productive and causes excess pain and swelling for no reason! You can do it all yourself without them pushing you. But, I'm glad you're doing so good!
 
What a difference a few weeks made on your scar, do you put anything on it?
 
:praying::praying: @uva55 no I don't put anything. They , being therapy people, put lotion on for my muscles to help relax. Other than that just shower and soap. Brianna , my therapist, put the tape on said was to help the swelling and did NOT put it back on. " I don't want you or the muscles to get depend it on it " so we will see.
 
Rough night without sleep. Knee swelled some and is still stiff after being up for several hours. May have done a little to much yesterday. Trying hard to get back on feet. I feel the walls closing in. I have been trying to organize this place. Just to keep mind sane.
 
@Trppr1231

Hi Friend! Occasionally I get those nights without sleep. When I feel it coming on- say I've been trying for an hour to fall asleep to no avail, I take a Tylenol PM. I fall into a deep sleep and if I'm any hung over the next morning it passes after my second cup of coffee! Some here take a Benadryl to avoid the hung over feeling the next morning. But I like taking the Tylenol PM because it also assist with any discomfort I might have during the night. My PCP told me it was better to do this on an 'as needed' basis since my insomnia wasn't chronic.

I'd say you're at about that place in your recovery where you're getting bored with it- lol! Most of us visited that place. Maybe we should come up with initials for it like BWRP. Bored With Recovery Place. HAHA! But you need to push through that place and continue to take care of your recovering knee. Watch some movies with that wonderful grandson of yours. Hang out here in Bonesmart if you are able to elevate and be comfortable. Nap when you can. When I reached that, 'I'm really ready to get going now' place I finally surrendered and realized this down time is a small price to pay to be able to be without that pre-op arthritic pain and lack of mobility.

I hope you'll be able to sleep better at nights. Mine came at about 5wks with Tylenol PM. Most of us have felt the frustration you're feeling- it'll pass like the swelling and pain! It has for me!
 
@Trppr1231 I know what you mean, I'm just at 2 weeks and I feel like I'm collecting dust, haha, yesterday I made banana bread and by the time I put it in the oven I felt like I was going to pass out.

I take the Benadryl to help me sleep, and also if I get the itchiness from the pain meds.

Hope you can get some sleep tonight.
 
  • Useful
Reactions: Suz

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom