TKR Papas new knee<

That's over the counter. You can get the 500mg. each bottle. I take two of those up to 4 times a day. They work really well with the Tramadol
 
As sistersinhim said, Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is an over-the counter medication.
The correct, therapeutic dose is 1,000 mg 4-6 hourly (4 times per day), to a total of 4,000 mg in 24 hours. Take that regularly, as you need to keep up a constant level in your bloodstream.

You do need to check that none of your other medications contain Acetaminophen, and add that amount to your calculated daily total and reduce the Tylenol accordingly. Ask your pharmacist what's in your other meds, when you buy the Tylenol.

You mustn't take more than 4,000 mg in 24 hours, or you could risk liver damage, but it is safe if you only take that amount.
 
@Celle thank you. I see on the bottle of hydro that it says acetaminophen so I will pharmacy about it. I feel a lot better since knocking off therapy sitting more and just plain relax.so a great big thanks to all on here who have helped an ol papa. Grandkids appreciate that
 
Yay! It sounds like the doing less is proving to be more healing! Wonderful! Now, don't you overdo!!!
 
I see on the bottle of hydro that it says acetaminophen
I was suggesting that you take the Tylenol insteadof the hydrocodone. With the pain score you declared, you really don't need that any more and the 4 times a day Tylenol will be much more effective.
 
Well I have been on Tylenol and it helps some. Knees still hurt at times. Restless legs are the main problem now. I have NOT been to therapy since last Wednesday. That too seems to help. I think less concrete walking the better as well. I have begun the fight with SSDI also. The reason up at this time is left knee sore and right leg RLS . I hav taken a lot of my RLS pills but not stopping this time. My need to see Primary doctor. I will hold off rest of this week for that.
 
@Josephine
SSDI= Social Security Disability Income - money you can get from Social Security when you are disabled. We put in to Social Security from the moment we begin working. Basically, money from the government, but it was ours to begin with!
 
Ah, thank you. UK version is 'disability and sickness benefit'!
 
@Josephine I had RLS before surgery. Bad enough to seek a doctor which had to be pretty extreme for me. It got bad in hospital after surgery and I have tried most all of those remedies. I have almost totally stopped caffeine. Only coffee in mornings. I used to drink a gallon of ice tea a day. Now I drink koolaid 7 up. I tried to find ginger ale with quinine in it but not yet. The best thing is a hot shower before bed. It's just started bad on Sunday like out of the clear blue. Not sure why. Also mine is bad enough it happens daytime night time anytime. But it will pass soon enough. I thank you for your expertise and help in all matters.
 
My OS's PA suggested trying a heating pad on the restless leg. It didn't help me, but it might help you. I found that 100mg of Tramadol helps more than anything else I've tried. Good luck with your fight. I've been there and remember the stress of it!
 
Thanks @sistersinhim I know it is going to be tough. Have tried heat but to me seems to make it worse like ice does. Best thing is walk for me but then knees. Double edged sword you know
 
Maybe @Josephine or @birdwatchr or someone can answer why does my thigh muscle get so tight and painful right behind knee still ? I thought that was gone. But it seems to be back and it hurts a lot. I have done virtually no therapy at home. Only walking in house not even much stairs. My left knee hurts in the general area DLF4. Very tender in one spot on side of knee. My muscle is tight right at the top of the scar. Sometimes left knee hurts in a way that seems to make me sick, not that painful just queasy at times. Strange I know. Thanks for help
 
That I don't know. They told me mine was IT band when I go to lift my leg sideways, so I pretty much don't lift it unless I am turning over in bed. Hope it feels better soon.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom