TKR Papas new knee<

@Josephine when....while walking or even at times sitting in chair but mostly if I walk.....where...the bottoms to my ankles......how........like they have broken bones or arthritis in them. Cold due ache I guess is best description and can last for hour or so. They also go numb when sitting at times
 
Hmmm ... that would almost seem like you have some issues in your feet. Have you sought medical advice about it?
 
The Pain Clinic will not diagnose the problem in your feet! That's not what they do. I suggest you see one of the following: your GP, a chiropractor or an orth surgeon who specialises in feet!
 
I think after 9 years working on here I do know that!
 
Just kidding - most of our members here are American!
 
Indeed we do. But we in the UK also get fed a fairly continuous diet of American films, sitcoms and other TV stuff, so most of us are pretty clued up on the US colloquialisms and sometimes even the regional ones.
 
Well I still don't sleep at night. Maybe 2 to 3 hours a night. I am tired during day and sleep some in afternoon. Still no therapy but knee still swells at times. Limit myself at home on what and how long I do things. Right knee swells a lot at times. Left one has pain near knee cap. I went back to pain pills. I took 4 yesterday evening and slept a little more than 3 hours. I am going to therapy on Monday due to seeing my OS on Wednesday. Making sure they can update him some. I am going to talk to him about staying off work some more. I have zero energy and can't stand for long periods. I don't think I am ready for work. I take my wife to breakfast each Sunday morning. Last week I almost when to the flor putting on shoes. Lucky for me the tv was there and I caught myself. Right knee seems weak as heck. Feels like it wants to buckle at different times. I will talk to OS about that. When I am in bed it wakes me up my knees . They feel lik in a " vise"and someone is squeeeeeeezing them. I have to get up walk to recliner and elevate them to get some relief. It works most nights. I can't go to work like this. I need more sleep.
 
My OS told me my knee could continue to swell to some degree for up to18 months. I still use ice at nights after a long day. Some have tried surgical stocking ( not TEDS) during her day to help keep the swelling down. I also have found that the shoes that I wear can help/hurt my knees and legs depending upon which ones I wear. I usually wear sneakers that I bought athis a store catering to runners where they took the time to find the right kind based on my gait. If you haven't tried changing your shoes you might want to now.
 
I am sorry to hear that our are still facing so many challenges, make sure that PT does not make matters worse.

I still ice once in a while, the last couple of days it has been feeling a little stiff, I think I over did it this weekend, so I ice at work and before bed.

So have you decided that you are not going to go on disability and instead will eventually go back to work??? I am sure being worried about that does not help in the healing either.

How did it go with your OS appointment??? I hope you find relief soon...take care!!!
 
Sorry ladies @sistersinhim @uva55 I have not been on in a long time. Still have swelling issues. OS has me off till Dec now maybe longer. I want to go back to work but not sure I could make it all day. Lots of things on my mind about that and the disability thing. My left knee feel ok right one not so good. I found out too much concrete and stair walking makes swelling way worse. Also at times right one feels like it could go wrong way pretty easy. That bothers me. I will advise my OS . One other issue is mt restless leg..I take the meds for it and makes me so damn sleepy. I take naps everyday sometimes twice a day. I am glad you all think of me. I will keep you advised from now on
 
BTW. OS said the swelling can continue for a year or more......and he is not sure why I have it. It concerns him as much as me. Well maybe not as much...I deal with it. Yesterday was a good day no swelling to speak of. Today swelled up but I was more active.
 
Have you considered having another OS take a look and giving you his opinion on the knee? You would want to choose a revision specialist that is used to dealing with problem TKR.
 
@newlybionic no I have not. I trust this guy. He is old like me a great attitude and bedside manner. If it was something I needed to have taken care of he would do it. I think he wants to let nature help. I can keep going with it but he doesn't know about the bending wrong way yet. And the concrete and stair time makes it worse. I haven't advised him. I could describe it before how it felt. I just said not right. He was a little frustrated with it but we are ok. I am feeling better about it as I have slowed my pace a lot. That helps as well
 
I understand that you trust your surgeon. However, it could be a good idea to let another OS look at your knee as well. Sometimes, someone looking at your problems with new eyes may be able to spot something that could be improved.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom