TKR Papas new knee<

You both are correct. Just trying way too hard to get back. I knew better but I am also tired of laying around sitting around. I just need to cool my jets and take my time. I will keep on meds on a time basis and the ice all the time
 
Way too soon to stop your pain pills...feel better soon...you know the drill :bricks::ice:
 
@uva55 you are correct. Don't know what I was thinking. Yes I do I wasn't LOL! I went back to ice and elevate and pills by the ol clock. All is better. Been sleepin ok. Just seems like more swelling to me this time than on right. Stil having a tough time picking up leg in assisted. I mean just to raise it while sitting in recliner or laying in bed. Everything works just can't pick it up. I also think that my not feeling " right" was because I quit pills. The pain was more than I thought and the high tolerance I have made it worse. Since pills being taken on a regular basis I feel better inside. I have noticed last night my clock in head kept waking me up on the hours I needed pills. So that routine is back in force. Clara how was work ? Hope not to tough although I know it was. My home therapist asked me about going back. I said prob early December ? Not sure. His advised was ok but that started my hurry up thought process. I am not sure when I will return. I want it to be when I am ready and not before.
 
I'm tge glad pain in back in control, remember patience, I guess you can't compare knees either, maybe the surgeon had to repair a little more on this one, who knows but you know it will start to get better soon.

Don't stress about work,my advice is to take advantage much time as you possibly can, my first week was very rough with swelling and exhaustion, the second a little better but still swelling and a little more energy, not much. You have two knees so it's not going to be easy.

How is the grandson??? Have a pain free day!!!
 
@uva55 Clara. Grandson great. Just came back from scout float trip he had a blast. Leg, knee, and foot swollen more than right. I am not sure why. Just took a small shower and feel better. Hope all is good with you. Yes I will take my time to get back to work. I personally am not in a hurry. I feel like the exhaustion to would catch up to me fast.
 
Well not feeling great. Not sure what knee and leg hurts but not feeling right. Sleep so much and today after therapy was wore out. Totally wore out. See my OS tomorrow. Probably start therapy at office next week. Then it is just routine to get back. Sleep better in chair with leg elevated than bed. Keep it elevated in bed to but never comfy. Hope I can soon relax and move on. Not sure why so anxious now but am. I feel life is getting away from me. Hope it is mostly stress from my insurance and just adds to all of it. No good at hearing all these rules for insurance when I do as they want. Not the place for this I know but I got to get some of it off my chest. Thanks to all who listen and understand. This whole site has helped me in so many ways.
 
I really stinks when we have to deal with recovery then also worry about work and insurance carriers...

I was not able to sleep in my bed for weeks, if I started out on the bed I had to eventually move to the recliner.

Good luck with the OS today, keep us posted. I hope you feel better soon!!!
 
I worry about insurance too! Called blue cross blue shield yesterday just to make sure nothing is left undone. They said my PCD needed to send them a precertification request. I had to ask them, are you sure you don't mean the surgeon? And the lady said, oh yes the surgeon does it. I asked her to check if it'd been done yet and it had not. So I called my surgeons office, and left a message. They just called back, and said the hospital does this. I asked if I should worry that it hadn't been done yet? They said no, it will be taken care of. But you can bet I'll be checking a few days before surgery to see what's going on with that!
 
I know what you mean about insurance and other worries popping up. We're going through enough already just dealing with our knees! It looks like life would just leave us along until this is over with. But, it doesn't happen that way, does it?
 
@uva55 OS advised all looks great. Has me starting therapy at office on Monday. The insurance deal kills me but I will survive. I slept a lot today in bed. Finally finding a "somewhat" comfy spot for knee and leg. I still take pills more then I want to but feel the pain so I continue. I just finished a little food and another pill regiment start up. Try at night to stay on them by clock. Seems better that way.
 
Trppr1231,
Sounds like patience is your biggest challenge this time around. Hope you get the insurance sorted.
 
@Pumpkln yes and that my friend is not my stronge suite. I am an old school guy. And after reading the email again I see other flaws in the explanation. But I have a secret weapon. My grandkids,kids and a loving wife. They are the ones who keep my in check and support me. This site is the best. I can't tell everyone how it has helped me. I have formed , at least in my mind, some very good friendships. Just because we have things in common. And everyone listens. Thanks to all but mostly thanks to Clara !!!
 
You are only two weeks out, you should be taking your meds as prescribed still, you will feel better if you do.

I'm glad you are able to sleep and be comfortable in your bed, that is a great victory!!!
 
Yep - the friendships have kept me going too. It's nice to be able to vent and not be chastised for it!
 
@birdwatchr you are so right. I know what I am supposed to do but have been known to go awry. Without those here listening and watching I could be in trouble now. Because I was not taking my pills by the clock. I wasn't doing good as my pain was different this time. But all the friends I have here told me I need to stay on them. I have listened and have started feeling less pain. I wil stay connected here after I am well just in case others need the advise. All of you are great here!!!! I can't say that enough.
 
I'm glad you are feeling better today, you don't have to worry when you forget what to do I have no problem reminding you, I am a mom and a grandma I have plenty of experience, hahaha
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Suz
@uva55 Clara. You are a great person. I just thoughtlityle pain no pills. Wrong!!! But I feel better today than I have. You know I had no bruising very little swelling after I got home. Seems the pain comes from further down like my shin. Keep having a tingle in my left foot. More and more left seems to get better faster.
 
Ok now my left hip is hurting. Seems to hurt at joint and if I use the heating pad it gets better. Left knee is getting along good. I actually can walk with limited help from crutch but still use it outside of house. Start therapy tomorrow afternoon. Keeping leg elevated helps. Still have some numbness in left foot at times. I know I am pushing a little and will need to slow down. Have to remind myself that only been 2 weeks and 2 days since surgery. Have noticed that if I don't maintain a regular eating routine I get a little sick. Then I seem to sleep so much more. Just need the sleep at night in MY bed not recliner. Weather changing so wonder if that isn't part of pains.
 
If you haven't checked your shoes/sneakers it may almost be time to. I found it helped with pains I had in my leg, hip and back on the operated side.
 
Back
Top Bottom