TKR Papas new knee<

I see you made another visit to that exclusive club again...feel better soon!!!
 
Well I once again was wrong! I did over do it and now another sleepless night. I wish someone would just hit my in the head and say STUPID don't do it! I just seem to continue to shoot myself in the foot. Maybe today I can relax and rest all day and move on! :gaah:
 
I am sending you a virtual knock on the head :heehee:

Get lots of rest and naps if possible. Feel better!!
 
Thanks my friend @uva55 Clara ! I know better. How's work going? I got notified that my work is going to try to put me on ssdi total disability. Not sure I like this
 
You are much better going on SSI. It will be a real blessing. That way you can take all the time you need to heal and work won't bother you because SSI is helping to foot their disability bill. I know, because I have been on it. Hopefully, you will be, too.
 
I not sure how SSI works, but I wish that would have been an option for me. The first two weeks were really tough, by week three I did better at work, I still feel very tired when I get home, but life goes on...

I know that here in Florida I can look up my SSI records and see what I would be receiving on a monthly basis if I was disabled, you should be able to do the same and maybe then you can have a better idea how it would impact you.

Good luck!!
 
We will find out soon enough about ssi. I have been off therapy all week. I feel pretty good today. They " being my work " and Cigna seem to be pushing towards total disability. Not sure how that will work or happen but might not be too bad.
 
Well I have been slowing down on hard pills. Using Motrin a little more and is doing ok. Been busy with all grandkids up today. Which was great! Still sore and seem to stiffen up a lot on both at times. I am concerned with the ssdi . Hoping for best.
 
Have you had your SSI interview yet? I had to actually go to a judge here in Virginia. It is a long process, but if approved it will be retroactive for the time you've been out of work. Once you get it, you're pretty much set until you go back to work.
 
@sistersinhim no interview or anything. Just filled out paperwork for a company that Cigna hires to get it for you. I wonder though they claim there rate is at 97% of approval and that less than 20% ever leave home for it. I wonder if they will get it to a permanent type disability? Hope I do get it but nervous at the same time. I feel if I do the company will let me go and I must start over. That wil be a deal in itself. The start over at almost 60. Personally I just soon go on full time disable and forget it.
 
The 97% approval rating is excellent. 60 isn't too late to start something new if you want. I started a new job at 60 years of age and I love it.
 
I'm not sure, but isn't it against the labor laws to fire someone when they're out on disability? In the early 70s, I was laid off during a short term DB, but they called me back.
Your doctor can put you on permanent DB, if he feels you'll be unable to do your job anymore. That's what happened to me after my second patellectomy. My company suggested it first and I asked him and he agreed. I pray you can do this. It's probably not quite as much as what you would earned if you were on the job, but the stress level is so much lower! Good luck to you.
 
@greatlakes thanks for your support. @sistersinhim the insurance are pushing the ssdi on me. My company will go along with whatever they suggest. I did look up my ssdi benefit if on disability permanent and it pays about what I brought home. I guess working for 50 years paid some dividends. I hope it isn't a lengthy process. I can't stand that stuff.
 
It took at least 3 months for my to be approved. Of course, that was in the 90s. Things are probably better now. At least I hope so.
 
Up again with a lot of pain in left knee. Not sure what is wrong but feel something is. I am calling OS tomorrow . It hurts right in my knee cap area. And it is enough to to keep waking me up. Knees both are stiff again. Just know I am tired of the pain tired of not sleeping and just plain tired!
 
Sorry you are having a rough time...did you get to talk to your doctor?? I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight!
 
@uva55 Clara no not exactly I got more pills. I am getting better at managing this pain maybe. It sure hurts right in the cap. Therapy tried taping no help though. I see OS on Wednesday next week.
 
Does anyone have stiffness around knee area ? I have it so bad it wakes me up. I continue to elevate and some ice, not to much due to restless legs. I have read about this stiffness maybe needing to go in and remove scare tissue ? Or manipulation on it? My legs, yes both right and left have it. The right one is getting worse not better. I will advise OS on Wednesday and see what happens. Just wondering about this as it bothers me a lot.
 
Back
Top Bottom