Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pain after 2 years

I understand yall's concerns.. and I've sufffered before from overdoing it 2 days after I got home from the hospital.( I still get nauseous thinking about it!) So, that's why I now know my limits, which is 15 minutes of walking followed by 2 hours is sitting on my butt! But, thanks for your concern.. and I'm being fairly cautious (for me) about pushing it tooo far.
 
It's supposed to rain fishhooks and hammer handles here (Arkansas) tomorrow.. so I'm probably gonna sit on my butt and catch up on my reading and my shows I have recorded.. so no getting rambunctious tomorrow! I might do some PT if the mood hits me.. but I have a feeling it's gonna be a couch potato kind of day!
 
Good! Be a couch potato, be "Queen For a Day!" Or ten. :heehee:

Fishhooks and hammer handles? Now that sounds scary!
 
Yep Pheebs52.. that's a fancy way of saying it's gonna flood.. we're expecting up to 3 inches of rain!
 
Be careful with that weather! You seem to have some realistic limits, and nice that you are going to really take it easy tomorrow. The payoff from doing so is worth in!
 
I hope that you are enjoying a couch potato day! Although I pray the weather isn't as bad as predicted!
 
Ugh, 3 inches of rain in one day? I hope you don't get flooding in your basement? That's the last thing you need right now; pffft!
 
Well Fire Wolf..one round of storms has already came through.. and we're expecting another round this afternoon. I'm sitting on my back porch right drinking coffee and watching the rain.
 
Pheebs52.. I live between two mountains, on a tall hill, so flooding is not an issue for me.. however, sticky mud is!
 
Sounds nice and relaxing, G.i. jane! Keep that knee out of the sticky mud though. Ugh, I can feel the pain of trying to move through that!
 
Good for you. Do what you can. My surgery was 7/7 so we are right in there together. I have learned the hard way a time or two that I was overdoing but so what? You slow down when your body tells you you have to. And hopefully our limits are slowly expanding. I started driving at 4 weeks with permission, I have been walking out to deal with my garden and chickens since about 2 weeks. I can manage a short grocery trip with a regular cart. If you hurt or swell, slow down but otherwise let's find out what we are capable of a little at a time.
 
The only rambunctious hung I've done today is give my weenie dog a bath.. he decided to go puddle jumping with my wolf.. and came in dripping wet and disgusting. Ove been sitting on my rear most of the day watching. "Sharknado".. I'm up to number 2, and waiting on the premier of number 5 tonight! What a life!
 
Jajakio.. I've started back with my barn duties this week.. and went back to cleaning stalls a couple of days ago, with no ill effects. I can't drive yet, thanks to the brace on my leg, but I can do just about anything I set my mind to. We're having a wet and yucky day today.. and I can tell my knee ain't liking it.. so I'm taking it easy today and binge watching "Sharknado". My goal is to be horseback on my old show horse by Labor Day.. so I'm really working on hamstring stretches and upper body and core strength!
 
Jajakio.. what kind of chickens do you have? I have an old yellow sex-link rooster and a red sex-link hen.
 
I have 6 silkies, one showgirl, a black australorp, a welsummer, a salmon favenrolle, and an americana that lays blue eggs. No roosters. I'm edge of town and not sure neighbors would love a crowing rooster. I've been wanting to hatch new eggs all summer. Two silkies are broody and I have a nice incubator. It it weren't for surgery I would have ordered hatching eggs as I have in the past, but I've been afraid to commit this year. I don't know why, silkies are fine moms and last year hatched a batch for me with little or no interference. The chickens are my babies and while the boys fed them the first couple of weeks after surgery, I don't think they pay much attention to them. I hate to say it, but mine are pets. Every single one can be picked up and the old australorp will fly up into my lap if I sit down and talk to me for a few minutes.
 
Anybody have issues with their new knee hurting before a weather front comes through? We have a strong storm front coming.. and my knee is aching.. on a pain scale of about 3. Is this my new normal?
 
I have heard others talk about it --- we've had storms the past few days and my knee has been crankier than usual -- I haven't thought about that being a factor as I was never bothered before but it's as good a reason as any other.
 
Mine seems to dislike storm fronts as well. I get more deep aching than pain, if that makes sense. Barometric pressure changes trigger migraines for my, so makes sense that other areas of body might react as well.
 
Jajakio.. I raised black silkie bantams a few years ago. The hens were sweet and broody, but the roosters were straight up jerks! My old rooster I have now will crow at 0430 every morning.. you can set your watch by him. I'm glad I live out in the boonies.. otherwise I'd probably be run out of town.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom