TKR Pain after 2 years

What is it with dogs and smelly things, huh? Ugh! I've had dogs my whole life and I will never understand this compulsion of theirs.

I would've had to drink gallons of whiskey to make my hot flashes evaporate......just sayin'! I used to own a side-by- side fridge and I'd get up at midnight and stick my head in the freezer, lol. Winter was best when I could go outdoors in 10 degree weather and just *chill*! And now? It all seems like a very bad, ten year dream; hah!
 
Pheebs52.. I've thought about just crawling into my freezer and sleeping there! At least it's cooled down enough here that I can go out onto my screened in back porch and sleep on my wicker couch.. until the kittens I have residing on the porch decide I'm an awesome "bed" to jump on!
 
We have a cool front from Hurricane Irma moving through.. and the bionic knee doesn't like it! My mom has a bionic ankle.. and it doesn't like it either!
 
The bionic knee is definitely not happy today.. had a cold front move in overnight, and it's wanting warmer weather! PT is going to be fun today!
 
Had PT again today.. I usually manage 15 reps at 20lbs on the leg press, then finishing with 5 reps of 30 lbs. But today, I could only do 3 reps with 30, then had to bump it back down to 20 to finish the set, because the new knee said "uh-uh, not today Satan, not today"! I did manage my 20 minute walk, and I bumped up the resistance on my Exercycle, and really broke a sweat on it. I also added push-ups to my PT program (I can do 12 U.S. Army staff sergeant approved before I face plant).
 
  • Like
Reactions: OJ2
Thanks y'all.. I'm trying to get back in shape for work.. since I'll have to stack 35lb boxes for 8 hours, and sitting on my duff watching Worst Cooks In America ain't cutting it! I've found out that listening to 80's hair bands really helps on my walks, and watching reruns of Sons of Anarchy makes the Exercycle a little more tolerable. And crunches with an cat "making biscuits" on your stomach adds more of a challenge! :kitty:
 
Oh man, bronchitis makes you feel so bad all over. Get well quickly.
 
If it's not one thing it's another on this road! Hope you are feeling better very soon! :flwrysmile:
 
Feel better soon! Your schedules make me want to take a nap lol! Your knee recovery is impressive!
 
:martini:Thank you Fire wolf and Canada35. I'm feeling MUCH better today.. I took the new knee shopping at our local mall. It lasted a whole hour before whining.. so I took it to the food court for some Mexican food, which made it feel much better.. lol!
 
Back
Top Bottom