Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pain after 2 years

When I wanted the emoji it showed text, but when I wanted the text, it showed emoji!!!! :sigh:
 
Woke up this morning to a cool, ☔️ day.. and The loving Knee sure doesn't like it.. so we did some time on the recumbent bike and a 10 minute stretch.. now it's ice the Knee and coffee time!
 
Wow, you are so mean! Making the flipping knee work for it's coffee!:shocked: Perhaps that is why it is rebelling! :snork: I am not a coffee drinker, but those that I know that are tell me that they can't do anything (an over exaggeration I'm sure!) before they have their coffee! :shrug: I think that maybe your OS gave you a caffeine addicted tkr! Before you pick his brain clean (such evil torture), make sure that you have words with him about letting tkr indulge in way to much coffee before implanting it! I wouldn't be surprised if they used coffee to sterilize it! What an atrocity!!:rofsign: Oh, and good morning!!:flwrysmile:
 
I'm in the make the knee work before having that coffee. That nice, relaxing hot cup of coffee. It's also a practical decision. My exercise is a good long walk, about a half hour to forty minutes, and if I drank the coffee first I would 1) be too relaxed and cozy to want to walk, and 2) be in danger of having to pee somewhere mid-walk and have to rush home. I walk just fine, but don't rush particularly well.

Funny story. My surgery was first thing in the morning, 7 am, and when my OS came by to see me, I asked if he'd had his cup of coffee. He laughed and said yes, he never did surgery without it. :heehee: We coffee drinkers know this is important.
 
I am also a coffee addict although I must admit I have graduated to decaf in my old age and with this TKR. Can't do anything additional to cause sleep disruption!
Anyone who knows Canada knows we are all about our Tim Horton's coffee fix! We can't do without our Timmies!
I pick one up on my way to every one of my grandson's ball games and granddaughter's field hockey games. It's easy to do as there is a Tim Hortons coffee shop on virtually every corner!
Whatever helps us through this blasted recovery which seems unending most days!
 
Canada35..it's been coffee, wine and Southern Comfort whiskey that helped me through this tkr hell, along with a really warped sense of humor!:heehee:
 
Sounds like I have done this whole recovery thing all wrong! No coffee, no booze, just a really warped sense of humor.:snork: Hmmm, I wonder if I would be further along by now?:scratch:
 
You mean you haven't registered for one yet?:what: Sheesh, what on earth could you possibly be waiting for?:loll:
 
Like SusieShoes, I make myself wait for my first cup of coffee until I have done some other things. My husband can't understand it...he stands in front of the coffee maker as it's working, saying, "Come on! Come on!" (Not really, but I know that's what he's thinking.)

Re the warm knee, my cat loves sitting on the warm one. Problem is, she is too heavy to stay there for long! She used to sit in my lap for several hours at night. Now she can't understand when I shift her off her cozy knee spot after 15 minutes.
 
Polkadot.. my knee is a highly contested sitting spot between by cat and my weenie dog.. I usually end the contest by banishing them both to the floor.. which then results in massive pouting from both parties!
 
Oh no! You tried the marathon, didn't you!:oyvey:Well, I do hope that you enjoy the ice!:ice:It is always my favorite part of any day, except for :sleep:
 
Back
Top Bottom