Guest viewing is limited

TKR Pain after 2 years

@G.i.jane , just be careful when meeting with OS. He probably finds his brain useful, so try not to pick it totally clean, at least leave a few scraps for him! Clearly your predatory instincts are quite sharp, but let's be calm and civilized about it! You can pick him clean once you have no further use for him! Fair enough?!?!:rotfl:
 
Well.. I figured out a tkr friendly way to paint my back porch.. I used my husband's roller stool and painted the low parts.. I have a 6ft tall son that can get the high parts. I scooted the stool sideways with my old knee.. and let my new knee just float along for the ride! I now sitting on my kiester, drinking coffee, icing my knee with a kitty on my lap.. life is good!
 
Hot legs and warm knees, two for a dollar, step right up folks! I expect mine to act as a warming tray for the forseeable future; probably 6 months to a year. As such, I can use it instead of a Bunsen Burner to keep food items warm. Mistah will also like it on chilly, winter nights.:wink:

Aaah, ice, the panacea of the gods for an ouchy knee. I tried to ice pretty much 24/7 for the first 9 weeks. I became disillusioned with the machine my hospital provided, but fell in love with the huge ice-wrap recommended to me by @SusieShoes and bought on Amazon. Now, @Fire wolf has me intrigued; where did you find cryopacks that last for many hours? The best ones I have remain cold for about 2 hours, which is fine, but longer is definitely better, eh?

You've probably already read about the *Tight Band* business, but I'm curious if this was your first experience in feeling it? If so, you probably overdid sumthin'? Mine was there from the beginning (ugh) and has only in the last 2-3 weeks begun to....Dissolve? Evaporate? Soften? I don't know, but something positive has occurred. :SUNsmile:At any rate, now, if it appears, I know I've done too much, but a 40-60 minute ice and elevate session generally fixes it right up.

When I read about your trip to the Courthouse, my immediate thought was, "The World is My Gym!"
 
Yep Pheebs52.. the world is my gym! Before I walk up my porch steps, I do hamstring stretches, I do leg raises in my recliner, and I also practice reciprocating steps on my porch steps. A kitty cat makes a good weight also for hamstring stretches. My tight band business just started this week, and it comes and goes. My PT said it was normal. I also do sitting knee bends with a weenie laying on my foot!
 
As Pheebs said, you may have brought on that tight band feeling with over actvity and using the cat as a weight. I had a tight band feeling early on, but my first PT group was using weights and bands at 3-4 weeks post op. Once I stopped going to that PT group the tight band feeling lessened. My dad had a TKR 3 months before me and he never had the tight band feeling I experienced.
 
I still get the tight band feeling some days and I am 13 weeks outI had it from the get go. I called it the vice grip on my leg! It is lessening considerably but when I renew my membership in the ODIC it comes to visit again.
 
I too have the tight band feeling, which my PA said to think of as Spence (my TKR) giving me a hug! Such a loving little knee!:roseshwr:
 
I've just noticed ( ok.. I'm little slow on the uptake.. don't judge!) that my tkr reacts to the type of shoe I wear. If I wear my combat boots or piece of **** barn boots..it's more stable and less twitchy.. but if I'm barefoot or in one particular pair of sneakers, it seems more "finicky". I have a pair of sneakers I wear at PT that my tkr "likes ".. so I've been wearing the **** out of them.
 
Yes, footwear is very important! I used TKR as a reason to get new sneakers! When they put TKR in, they make sure everything is aligned correctly, so it may change your gait in terms of how you "wear out" shoes as well.
 
Barefoot should get better, but for now, best to have the support of footwear. Barefoot challenges all muscles to work at stabilizing you
 
Technically it is Bionic Spence. Spence was the name I gave to my meniscal transplant :heehee: I do quite like what you call yours, however!!:rofsign: Great creativity with the painting!! I am sure that TKR enjoyed the "ride"!:egypdance:
 
I am just happy to hear that I can at least make you laugh at times! It is the best medicine, so they say, whoever "they" are. (Probably 1 legged aliens with no knees, if you want my opinion, well even if you don't want my opinion, it's too late!):loll:
 
Oh yes, The loving Knee enjoyed the ride.. but my back and other knee didn't think it was very cool! And.. you gotta have a sense of humor to get through all of this knee stuff!:heehee:
 
Forget about this knee stuff, need a sense of humor to get through this life stuff! Otherwise I would be curled up in the fetal position in the corner of the dayroom of the nearest psychiatric hospital!:boohoo::bawl:
 
Back
Top Bottom