TKR Pain after 2 years

Thanks Fire wolf.. I totally get the no pivot! I tripped on a sneaker in my bedroom about 3 weeks in, did a half right face, and landed (luckily) flat-backed on my bed. My TKR said "what the ****"! Annnnd.. I was chair bound with an ice pack the rest of the day. Soo..I'm kinda leary of the whole pivot thing!
 
Ouch! At least you fell on the bed and not the floor!:ok: Maybe one day our tkrs won't totally control our lives!:old:
 
Just finished therapy for the day.. at week 5 I'm at 95 degrees bend and 8 degrees straight. Not too bad.. I guess.
 
Way to go! Considering the brace, seems like good progress to me! I think that you will find that the nicer you are to TKR, the better it will respond. This is first and only knee surgery that I did not force ROM, and it's working well for me.
And please pass along my gratitude to your husband for his service, and thank you to you and your family for your sacrifices as well! (Sorry, slow to catch up!)
 
Great ROM Jane! It will only get better and better, especially once that brace comes off!
 
Thanks Pheebs52.. I notice that some of the swelling has gone down today.. my new kneecap is starting to look like my "original " boney kneecap on my good leg.
 
You are definitely earned bragging rights!
 
Thank you, sistersnhim! I did some unofficial PT today.. had to go to the county courthouse to take care of my late daddy's business.. after climbing the courthouse steps 3 times, plus stepping up and down curbs and walking up a couple of wheelchair ramps.. think I've gotten in a good workout today!
 
Only 30 min of ice? I would have done at least 45-60 min. Then again, I really enjoy having ice on! It's always nice to let "the girls" go free! Hoping that you feel great tomorrow morning!:spin:
 
I iced my knee until it was no longer cold. You can't ice too much, just keep something between your skin and the ice.
 
Back
Top Bottom